The Mob Podcast | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

The Mob Podcast

I agree 100%

Finally got a chance to listen to the entire podcast today. In one word - POWERFUL!

The entire production is worth a listen, but the last 25-30 was awesome.

I immediately sure the podcast to a dozen friends.

If you haven’t watched this episode, I strongly suggest you do. I don’t think you’ll regret it.
thx and yep, cannot wait to watch it. Waiting for that rare life quiet moment this week to take it in. Hope that moment is tonight.

I love it. Please confirm the players are getting a piece of this action.

I have been told the players (Marlowe, Caleb and J’Had) are NOT being compensated for these shirts.

As I understand it “The Mob” is a phrase that was brought to the team by Caleb and another player on the defense.

I will NOT buy one of these shirts.

Someone needs to help these guys protect their brand and market their brand instead of exploiting the players and their moniker “The Mob” for profit without sharing the profits.

The school needs to do the right thing.

Last edited:
I smell an opportunity for Manny’s

I confirmed it. The players (Marlowe, Caleb and J’Had) are NOT being compensated for these shirts.

As I understand it “The Mob” is a phrase that was brought to the team by Caleb and another player on the defense.

Someone needs to help these guys protect their brand and market their brand instead of exploiting the players and their moniker “The Mob” for profit without sharing the profits.

Glad I saw this. I had one in my cart just assuming the players were getting some action. Not anymore...

The sale of these shirts is being promoted on Twitter by the athletic department

The block S and the helmet are both on the t-shirt which cannot be used without the school’s consent.

The name “The MOB” was idea of players, does the name not belong to them?

If the name “The MOB” refers to a very specific group of people, does that name not be loony to the and become part of their NAME, image and likeness?

I hope I’m wrong that the players are not receiving compensation for this.

I have been told the players (Marlowe, Caleb and J’Had) are NOT being compensated for these shirts.

The school cannot share profits with players.

I love the shirts but I’ll hold off till I see some sold by the players to ensure some of the purchase goes to them

The school cannot share profits with players.

Thanks.

Is this your way of saying the players are NOT getting a cut of the profits from the sale of these t-shirts?

These guys are impressive in their ability to converse. Compared to what typical 18-22 year old college students would be like in a 1 hour podcast - these guys have their stuff together. I don't know how they find the time to do this, other than time management discipline.

They give out a lot of inside information about what it's like to be a player in the program; it's not like the stock answers given out in post game press conferences. Also interesting that they usually mention their faith and how important it is to them. I think it is insight into the type of program Babers has built.

Was definitely interesting to see how they interacted with Don McPherson. I did not know that the 1987 team agreed to give up alcohol that season; previously there was free beer on campus for players Wednesday and Thursday nights - no wonder they went 5-6 the year before. The parallel between 1987 and 2022 is how much the players cared for each other and made open commitments about it.

Don talked about the history of black QBs at SU since the 1930s and why he refused to play pro football at any other position except QB. I believe he said he is involved with making a film about Wilmeth Sidat-Singh. I would have liked to hear some stories about Coach MacPherson, but that didn't come up.

Donnie is always inspiring to watch / listen to. He spoke at our freshman orientation / early during the year. Remember being wowed by him and the message regarding blind spots of masculinity, and importance of being a strong ally for women. I’d love to listen to a 1 on 1 between Dino and Donnie. Those types of leaders and ambassadors is why I Love SU football.

Mobcast bringing in more past players than some of our past coaches did!
I agree as I was a bit aggravated he said that 7 years ago. We have NFL talent everywhere so why not take full advantage of it. In beginning, middle, and end. Our nfl guys should be available to any su team member anytim.

I was listening to the episode before NCST and I noticed a Jobity mention, it was saying how motivated and pumped he was on the sideline of I think the wagner game to go out and hit someone. I’m feeling good if he has to play extended minutes

I was listening to the episode before NCST and I noticed a Jobity mention, it was saying how motivated and pumped he was on the sideline of I think the wagner game to go out and hit someone. I’m feeling good if he has to play extended minutes
I think Jobity is a HUGE upside player. If he is a legit second unit guy at this point that is way ahead of schedule. not sure that’s the case though

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom