The Official "Favorite Beer Thread" | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

The Official "Favorite Beer Thread"

If you all are ever down in Nothern VA try getting to the Dominion brewery. If I can make it to a football tailgate this year I will bring a keg of it.

I have been on a four year quest to try every beer available in Syracuse...my work buddies and I affectionately refer to it as the Taste of Beeracuse. With that being said, for a decent almost local brew Rochester-ish), you can't go wrong with Dundee! Average alcohol by volume for all of their beers is around 6%. I'm partial to the Dundee porter and the Festive Ale around the holidays.

If you all are ever down in Nothern VA try getting to the Dominion brewery. If I can make it to a football tailgate this year I will bring a keg of it.

Def forgot to add Dominion.. still becoming familiar with the DC region traditions. Still have to say Im a huge sweetwater fan. Love to go and have a few rounds of the samplers.. that with the drunken ribeye..

1812 Railroad Red Ale
Smithwicks (Guiness)
Lake Placid (IPA, and others)

BTW if you have to put a piece of fruit in your beer, not only are you gay as hell (F the PC people) you are not a beer drinker.
there is a little Mexican bar where I occasionally stop in for a game of pool, and they only serve Tecate (by the can) with a wedge of lime. Those vatos would cut you up for that comment ;)

I don't drink beer very often, and when I do, I prefer Dos Equis (no kidding) or Pacifico.

My drink of choice is Belvedere (or, as I call it, Liquid Crack) on the rocks (Frozen Crack)

XytphV34PqgNjHejXx2BCtFHorEiTvTYWPLhWEtonz66EXbxgDhG-s9oSHENkypiCVleEj84Y7DGhWhPuaVvypcVqNiZ2isZiTwfnaHEtsVQcDE6eIdjHtbkZLNdZzRvHg9Ovro2-RGKZ3m0plR8wg

there is a little Mexican bar where I occasionally stop in for a game of pool, and they only serve Tecate (by the can) with a wedge of lime. Those vatos would cut you up for that comment ;)

I don't drink beer very often, and when I do, I prefer Dos Equis (no kidding) or Pacifico.

My drink of choice is Belvedere (or, as I call it, Liquid Crack) on the rocks (Frozen Crack)

I'm all for a lime dude. Nothing wrong with that. I drank about 105 tecate and Tecate Lights when I was in Cancun last year and the lime definitely made it better. That's as far as I will go. I really dont consider lime in the fruit category.

Okay. Here is a serious answer. First, let me say I think my beer is better than most anything you can get commercially, and I will sing the praises of homebrewing for many reasons, but primarily the fact you can make any flavor profile you can think of.

So my list of great beers is LOOOONG, and really the only beers I don't like are American Light Lagers, and some of the weird veggie-fruit-wheat girly beers (like Magic Hat #9 - for wussies)

Maredsous is my favorite non-hoppy beer, it is a true Dubbel made by monks.

The BEST, most delicious dark beer ever, is New Holland's Dragons Milk. Amazing.

I am a hophead, and I stole my sig line from Stone's Arrogant Bastard, and while it is good, their Old Guardian is infinately better.

So those are three good ones out there. Also, i'll try other styles if I am familiar with a brewery. Took a shot at a Three Floyds beer the other day and it was very good. Victory. Stone. Rougue. New Holland, etc. If they made it, it is very good.

I actively avoid any beer I know to be brewed by Bud/Miller/Coors (like that garbage Blue Moon)

Like March said, wheelhouse.

Boddingtons Pub Ale
imgres
imgres
Boddingtons_Pub_Ale.JPG

This is not that good out of a can and is so much better when it is on tap under nitrogen IMHO

Okay. Here is a serious answer. First, let me say I think my beer is better than most anything you can get commercially, and I will sing the praises of homebrewing for many reasons, but primarily the fact you can make any flavor profile you can think of.

So my list of great beers is LOOOONG, and really the only beers I don't like are American Light Lagers, and some of the weird veggie-fruit-wheat girly beers (like Magic Hat #9 - for wussies)

Maredsous is my favorite non-hoppy beer, it is a true Dubbel made by monks.

The BEST, most delicious dark beer ever, is New Holland's Dragons Milk. Amazing.

I am a hophead, and I stole my sig line from Stone's Arrogant *******, and while it is good, their Old Guardian is infinately better.

So those are three good ones out there. Also, i'll try other styles if I am familiar with a brewery. Took a shot at a Three Floyds beer the other day and it was very good. Victory. Stone. Rougue. New Holland, etc. If they made it, it is very good.

I actively avoid any beer I know to be brewed by Bud/Miller/Coors (like that garbage Blue Moon)

Like March said, wheelhouse.

I have had your beer and it was quite tasty.

I lived in Australia for 4.5 months, and they have a beer called Pure Blonde. Delicious! Too bad it cost 50 dollars for a 30 rack..

I always went with Toohey's Extra Dry whenever i splurged on beer.

Def forgot to add Dominion.. still becoming familiar with the DC region traditions. Still have to say Im a huge sweetwater fan. Love to go and have a few rounds of the samplers.. that with the drunken ribeye..
Sweetwater is awesome as well have you found any SU bars in DC? If not there is a real solid one I can point you in the direction of.

Why in the hell does this site block B _ A_S_T_A_R_D?

Really?

Ithaca B.C. has a bunch of quality beers

Nut Brown
Ground Break - how I'd imagine flowers taste..
Partly Sunny - brilliant name for a summer beer upstate

im a bit of a boozer and enjoy all different types (well now that ima single dad of a 2 year old i dont get down like a iused to). But as far as the dark and flavored beers go nothing really sticks out to me. I like to taste those, but when it comes down to just straight up drinking...the first thing I grab out of a cooler or order at a bar is always Busch Light...yah yah yah i know i catch all sorts of hell. But my ol man was and still is a cheap beer guy and it has grown on me.

Ithaca B.C. has a bunch of quality beers

Nut Brown
Ground Break - how I'd imagine flowers taste..
Partly Sunny - brilliant name for a summer beer upstate

You are mising Flower Power and Cascazilla, which are both excellent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom