The Official "Favorite Beer Thread" | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

The Official "Favorite Beer Thread"

When i'm looking for something cheap to pound, I prefer blue or blue light.

For micros, I've been drinking a lot of Great Lakes Brewing Company (Burning River and Elliot Ness are my favs). They're tasty and I like to support my local economy - brewed in Cleveland, and I'm from Cleveland.

Prima Pils and Hop Sun are to of my favorite summer beers.

Should you even be viewing this thread? I'd hate to be throwing temptation in your face.

Congrats on your accomplishment...now get to a meeting!!!:cool:

It's all good, I'd cut off my dick before I pick up another drink. It is a little vicarious for me to see what other people enjoy. Interesting thread.

But to contribute, when I was out causing havoc, I enjoyed Yuengling, Stella, and anything from Syracuse's Middle Ages Brewery.

But for your last point, I've been to a few meetings in my time, but not recently. I wonder if there are any other friends of Bill W on this site, haha.

Keep our minds off of Fab for a minute.

What are we washing our "dinner from last night" with?

Have a few days before game day, we've only lost 1 game and Georgetown still sucks. We are in a pretty good spot people.

So let me see. What is your favorite beer choice while watching a Syracuse sporting event?

I'll say Yuengling. Although some shotgunning of keystones during halftime is likely..
Racer 5?? pilsner urquell?? Stella Artois?? ground break/flower power from Ithaca?? one of dems

BTW if you have to put a piece of fruit in your beer, not only are you gay as hell (F the PC people) you are not a beer drinker.
come at me bro... i don't but my pops does...

1. Middle Ages: Particularly the IPAs, including Wailing Wench. The Porter (Duke of Winship) is also terrific, as well as the Stouts. I travel a lot for business, and frequent brew pubs and beer bars. Middle Ages is among the best. It's a shame that the most readily available MA beer here is SPA. It's probably the least of the Middle Ages beers.

2. German styles: Particularly Schwarzbiers and DunkelWeizens. Sprecher Black Bavarian is a truly great example of this style.

3. Belgian styles: Particularly Ommegang.

2. German styles: Particularly Schwarzbiers

There is a BRAZILIAN beer out there called Xingu

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/434/1314

^^ gave it only an 80 but I think it is more reflective of the non-popularity of the style.

I think it is pretty damn tasty myself, and suggest you grab some if you see it, but it is hard to find.

Ithaca B.C. has a bunch of quality beers

Nut Brown
Ground Break - how I'd imagine flowers taste..
Partly Sunny - brilliant name for a summer beer upstate

I'm boycotting Ithaca beers until I get a free one. So I'm heading overseas for a year, and my coworkers take me out to the blue tusk to send me off proper. One of my buddies orders an Ithaca Flower power, and discovers that an Ithaca rep is there at the bar and is paying for all of the flower powers. So my other buddy goes up and gets one... Also free. When I finish my guinness, I figure what the hell, as girly as it sounds, free beer is free beer. So I order it, and the guy promptly gets up and leaves as the bartender pours it. 6.99 for a flower power that nobody else paid for. Needless to say, they got a good laugh as I choked down the less than delicious pint.

Keep our minds off of Fab for a minute.

What are we washing our "dinner from last night" with?

Have a few days before game day, we've only lost 1 game and Georgetown still sucks. We are in a pretty good spot people.

So let me see. What is your favorite beer choice while watching a Syracuse sporting event?

I'll say Yuengling. Although some shotgunning of keystones during halftime is likely..
Fat Tire

^^ gave it only an 80 but I think it is more reflective of the non-popularity of the style.

I think it is pretty damn tasty myself, and suggest you grab some if you see it, but it is hard to find.

I agree with this. I'm in St. Louis and one of the local brewers is Schlafly. I don't go crazy for their beers but I do love their Schwarz. Underrated style. I've had Xingu too...not bad at all.

Sweetwater is awesome as well have you found any SU bars in DC? If not there is a real solid one I can point you in the direction of.
I actually do know of a few.. not far from work actually ( I work in Tysons) but home is in Martinsburg,WV so it seems the challenge is always going the opposite direction of home and then turning back around with a few too many downed and dead tired from work.. poor excuses I know... just wish there was one in Dulles/Leesburg if you have one in that part of the region I would really appreciate the heads up!

You ever try Old Peculier? Hard to find...Brewed in England. Damn good beer.

Out here in Oregon
Bend Brewing Co

Slippery Slope...it is a seasonal brew
Out here everyone is trying to out hop each other
The Slippery Slope is a nice balance between malt and hops

OO44

I actually do know of a few.. not far from work actually ( I work in Tysons) but home is in Martinsburg,WV so it seems the challenge is always going the opposite direction of home and then turning back around with a few too many downed and dead tired from work.. poor excuses I know... just wish there was one in Dulles/Leesburg if you have one in that part of the region I would really appreciate the heads up!
I work in Fairfax but the closest ones to you are in Arlington and DC. I will PM you a few I am going to check to see if my high school friend still bartends at this one spot if so I will hook you up there. She will cut your tab in half.

I work in Fairfax but the closest ones to you are in Arlington and DC. I will PM you a few I am going to check to see if my high school friend still bartends at this one spot if so I will hook you up there. She will cut your tab in half.
awesome .. greatly appreciate it

Dales Pale Ale - Oskar Blues Grill & Brewery

Flower Power (IPA) - Ithaca Brewing Co.

Double Jack (Double IPA) - Firestone Walker Brewing Company

I have serious issues with IPA's. Anyone reccommend any other good IPA's?

Glad to see edowd finally drop some sense into the conversation with Pilsner Urquell and Stella, both of which are rock-solid foundations for any occasion.

Ultimately, every last one of you needs to kneel before Franziskaner Hefeweizen. Go get some today.

franzisk.jpg

Dales Pale Ale - Oskar Blues Grill & Brewery

Flower Power (IPA) - Ithaca Brewing Co.

Double Jack (Double IPA) - Firestone Walker Brewing Company

I have serious issues with IPA's. Anyone reccommend any other good IPA's?

Sierra Nevada Torpedo extra ipa

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom