the zone | Syracusefan.com

the zone

Status
Not open for further replies.
if these new kids can grasp it -
this could be extremely devastating defense- size speed and depth

canada trip was a great tool to get it started

The fact that the team stifled a veteran, good shooting Carlton team with only a weeks worth of practice is a veeeeerrrry good sign. I love the fact that our players have really bought into the zone and defense in generally these past few years.

This team has uber potential on defense. If they really want to stifle teams they will. Long and quick means lots of tipped/deflected passes which will open the door for the break... Yummy!

the reason he's won once in 39 years is the lovable zone. I will continue to help anyone fit their personnel to its destruction.

I disagree, the reason it was only once was because Arinze's injury, Fab's suspension and when we had to play the guys wearing zebra suits as well as Ohio st. It wasn't the zone.

The same refs who spotted us their best player for a half?

if these new kids can grasp it -
this could be extremely devastating defense- size speed and depth

canada trip was a great tool to get it started

It's a given the defense will be good...I'm more concerned about offense.

the reason he's won once in 39 years is the lovable zone. I will continue to help anyone fit their personnel to its destruction.

The reason SU won once in 39 years, is because SU has never been the most talented team in the NCAA's. The reason SU won once and came very close 3 other times, is because of JB, not despite him.

Because you say a stupid thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over ... does not make it true.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

The same refs who spotted us their best player for a half?

Which IMO was one of thereasons the whistles turned against is so harshly. Teh second call on Sullinger sucked if I recall although the first was legit. The real issue woth that game was the way o one was allowed to touch Sullinger once he was back in and completely lopsided way they called guards playing defense. Craft launched a nuclear assault of hacking, holding and hip checking with no whistles while Scoop, Dion and Brandon were victomized for far less contact whithout even imparing the offensive players movements. Lets all agree not to even discuss that late Charge call against Brandon when we were actually making a charge. Dion was taken out of that game by the refs if i recall.

Because you say a stupid thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over ... does not make it true.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

LOL, no but it reanforces his own belief and allows him to continue to believe that the zone is in and of itself crappy. Its like religous zelouts.

the minimal dropoff in d if any coupled with potential improvements on offense make this year's squad one of the best we have had since 03 .. on PAPER.. just hoping that translates conpletely on the court

I think this is just cardio exercise for Igor, both writing and then reading the responses.

Jesus . Just oozing with positivity. My poster, do you realize the Zone gave Syracuse its national identity?

I think winning a lot of games did that.
Which IMO was one of thereasons the whistles turned against is so harshly. Teh second call on Sullinger sucked if I recall although the first was legit. The real issue woth that game was the way o one was allowed to touch Sullinger once he was back in and completely lopsided way they called guards playing defense. Craft launched a nuclear assault of hacking, holding and hip checking with no whistles while Scoop, Dion and Brandon were victomized for far less contact whithout even imparing the offensive players movements. Lets all agree not to even discuss that late Charge call against Brandon when we were actually making a charge. Dion was taken out of that game by the refs if i recall.

We should have taken advantage with JS out of the game...we did not.

The ref calls don't change the fact that they hit some big shots down the stretch and our players (0 hai Kris) made some awful decisions.

If anyone screwed us its the guy who speaks Portuguese.

I think winning a lot of games did that.

We should have taken advantage with JS out of the game...we did not.

The ref calls don't change the fact that they hit some big shots down the stretch and our players (0 hai Kris) made some awful decisions.

If anyone screwed us its the guy who speaks Portuguese.

Yes we could have done more and certain players certainly could have but for an elite 8 game the unequality of the way they called, especially, defense on the ball handler was more than just suspiciously lopside in view of the Fine scandle. I still believe that teh NCAA did not want us and that story in the FF although your point on Fab is very true because he would have made it much more difficult for us to be denied.

I don't know why I bother since your are trolling, but you do know they didn't play 100% zone all of the 39 years, right? I see plenty of MTM on those TW sports channel flashback games from the 80's and early 90's.

Yes we could have done more and certain players certainly could have but for an elite 8 game the unequality of the way they called, especially, defense on the ball handler was more than just suspiciously lopside in view of the Fine scandle. I still believe that teh NCAA did not want us and that story in the FF although your point on Fab is very true because he would have made it much more difficult for us to be denied.

Here's my problem with the whole conspiracy thing. SU got a very fortunate call against UNC Asheville late in that game. Why not humiliate SU further by being the 1st #1 to lose to a #16 when you have the chance?

hBC11A803

we all know how easy it is to win championships every few years

why does anyone even respond to igor anymore? don't feed the bears.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom