This season was incredibly disappointing | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

This season was incredibly disappointing

I absolutely agree we let teams dictate tempo. It bugs me as well. I still think it cost us the Vermont game in 2005.
We only play 5-6 guys this season.

Do you have an alarm that goes off whenever there is an anti-JB post? You're like the only 'semi-super-hero' of the JB Defense League.

I've been pretty restrained.

Although I have been tempted to jump in as the easily-frustrated and emotionally over-invested have gone through their regular festival of affixing blame after the Miami loss.

They of, of course, say all this gnashing of teeth and whining is "venting".
As is 'venting" was perfectly OK and how adults deal with disappointment.

Not "blind loyalty".

No matter what the roster, I'll take JB over Hop because I prefer "proven" versus "unproven". If next year's team is going to be another "build it as the season progresses" version, than even more reason to keep JB at the helm.

That plus the fact that there are a lot of emotional posters on here, that since they are free from any real consequences, come up with whatever their gut tells them. And then they lay in some rationale to support it.

Just curious what would shake your confidence. If it was shown unequivocally that we are losing recruits because JB is hanging on longer than the original post-NCAA sanction agreement, would you then change your tune about JB staying?

Although I have been tempted to jump in as the easily-frustrated and emotionally over-invested have gone through their regular festival of affixing blame after the Miami loss.

Have you step foot on a college campus in the last decade?

So, you don't believe folks who took time off from work and spent their hard earned dollars to travel to NYC to support the team have a right to vent?

I'm just glad I didn't waste a vacation day to see us lose yet another first game of an ACC tournament. Maybe someday Jim will get his first.

Wrong. Nothing that happens in the next however many weeks changes anything about the 32 games we have had.
LOL What?????? You mean if we win the National Championship, you will consider this a bad season? LOL Was last season a success?

Just curious what would shake your confidence. If it was shown unequivocally that we are losing recruits because JB is hanging on longer than the original post-NCAA sanction agreement, would you then change your tune about JB staying?

How do you know that JB is planning on hanging around longer?

How do you know what JB and Hop are telling recruits?

So, you don't believe folks who took time off from work and spent their hard earned dollars to travel to NYC to support the team have a right to vent?

I'm just glad I didn't waste a vacation day to see us lose yet another first game of an ACC tournament. Maybe someday Jim will get his first.

Actually I think the kind of venting I read on here is borderline childish. It's not how I think adults respond when things don't go their way.

Not what I was saying. Hypothetical only. Townie has made it clear JB stays until they drag his cold dead body off the court. I am just wondering if there is anything that would change townies mind.

Actually I think the kind of venting I read on here is borderline childish. It's not how I think adults respond when things don't go their way.

It's a new age Townie. Instead of yelling at TV screens and our wives, we vent online. It's better for our marriages and electronics.

If JB is hanging around longer than the failures of this year's recruiting class guards are even more problematic.
Syverud said 3 years. It's at most 3 years.

Not what I was saying. Hypothetical only. Townie has made it clear JB stays until they drag his cold dead body off the court. I am just wondering if there is anything that would change townies mind.

Ridiculous overstatement.

JB is gone after next year from everything I have read quoting those in the SU hierarchy.

But this "wishing he could be gone sooner than later" is based upon either thinking he is the problem or that Hop is the answer. Both os these are IMO dead wrong.

April 2018.

Unless it's April 2017.

He won't stay longer than next season.

I'm sick of letting teams dictate tempo. Our offensive philosophy needs an overhaul.
You have it backwards. It's our defensive philosophy that lets teams dictate tempo. The defensive tempo consistently ranks near the absolute bottom of Division I... there are about 350 teams so let that sink in for a moment... and is a big reason the last 4+ seasons have been white-knuckle fests. To concede that we might only get 10 offensive possessions per half is to assume that we have lesser talent than the opponent.

I don't want to dominate. I want to watch a basketball game that is enjoyable basketball. Watch other games and watch Syracuse games.

We play a terrible brand of basketball. If we played an enjoyable brand of basketball and lost the same games atleast it wouldn't be as annoying. Stop creating straw man arguments. I don't expect to win every game. I expect with the athletes we can recruit to play a good brand of basketball. Not a gritty grind brand like we are Butler.

So was the game at Pitt where we put up 75 points (155 total points) more enjoyable to watch for you then the win over UVA where we only managed 66 (128 total points)?

I get the feeling that people don't like to watch a rock fight that ends up in a loss, but I'd rather watch rock fights that we win then track meets that we lose.

Ridiculous overstatement.

JB is gone after next year from everything I have read quoting those in the SU hierarchy.

But this "wishing he could be gone sooner than later" is based upon either thinking he is the problem or that Hop is the answer. Both os these are IMO dead wrong.
If JB said today that he'd prefer to stay until this year's frosh graduate, would you support that?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom