Time to start facing some hard truths | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Time to start facing some hard truths

Status
Not open for further replies.
Things are not as bad as people make it out to be, ya we lost a couple of good recruits, but we are still Syracuse. Last year literally everything that could have gone wrong did, and we still won 18 games, finished in the top half of the acc, and beat some pretty good teams.

Your avatar captures the recent crescendo for our program. After that, it's mostly been a steady stream of negatively. But you are absolutely right, we are not in some sort of abyss; we do need a jolt of good news.

Your avatar captures the recent crescendo for our program. After that, it's mostly been a steady stream of negatively. But you are absolutely right, we are not in some sort of abyss; we do need a jolt of good news.

Everything from that point forward has gone against us, but we were coming off a three year stretch where we went to an Elite 8, Went to a Final Four, and started a season 25-0. We are going to have a lot of talent on the roster next year.

This is such a great video. Imagine how good we would have been if Rak AND Gbinije were the players they were last year. I think we are the top 1 seed without question it all if they had been.

Everyone mentions Raks isolation but that team could have used Gbinijes shooting ability real badly.

I watch the NBA games and watch some of the offense and wonder if we really have been getting as high a talent as we think. One particular thought after seeing a game where both sides were hitting fifty from 3 , contested and uncontested, and was trying to equate how Tyler Ennis is a first round choice in this realm? I was watching the NCAA's this year and game after game I was thinking to myself "Wow, we never get a guy that can do that".
Like I have saying for years now,Boeheim puts too much priority in Zone players first. And I believe some are coming around to it now.

yes...and he also got caught cheating for the second time during those 5 years.
YES...Boeheim is larger than Christ.
And nobody,I mean nobody messed with Brady's balls either.
Don't make a fool of yourself. Your point is invalid. We have been doing great. We got hurt for one reason only. Guys we didn't plan on leaving left early. Period. No one was talking about JB being christ. Childish.

yes...and he also got caught cheating for the second time during those 5 years.
YES...Boeheim is larger than Christ.
And nobody,I mean nobody messed with Brady's balls either.

But you caught Michigan cheating? Surprised our Maize and Blue friend didn't chime in.

Two big kids went down, one went for the second round of the draft and another was on the D-league shuttle and traded. Impossible to plan for bad decisions and injuries to the team.

Childish...only if you know the truth.
yeah, you're a real insider. And none of that has anything to do with your original point which was that JB puts too much in to the zone and that is coming back to us now. And most of our recruits aren't really elite. Very good, yes. But not elite. How many top 10 recruits have we got in the last 10 years?

Why do people assume others have their head burried in the sand - or believe a 'fairytale' - when their point of view isn't agreed with?

I've seen 9/11 conspiracists make similar statements all the time when defending their theories. Not saying what's been posted here is on the same level as those d-bags, but it's still a BS point to make in an argument.

I would say that a lot of of the qualities that make kids a good fit for our system (zone) also make them good NBA prospects.

So now you have to be a top 10 recruit to be elite...how rich.

Liking posts on the NCAA board over stupid posts is not childish if it is done by you, did i get that right?

I will never be a "Homer" and stick my fingers in my ears and sing "La La La La" just to pretend the sanctions never happened or are lies and whether should the Gov't go after the NCAA like FIFA. Yeah that will make the NCAA quiver and admit it was all lies they made up. I am a huge Syracuse fan who happens to not " believe" in fairy tails like some here that want me to.
You also posted that If Boeheim gets nailed again he should be fired in the beginning,did i get that right? What's changed?

Like I said only if you knew the truth.
Try to stay on point. You are all over the place. What makes a recruit elite to you? Top what? You made a point about the zone that doesn't hold water. End of story. If you want to go on a rant about JB and cheating, be my guest. But that is a different topic than the one you made. If you think the last 6 years haven't been very good for syracuse basketball on the court, you aren't just singing "la la la", you are singing " I see nothing, I know nothing".

So now you have to be a top 10 recruit to be elite...how rich.

Liking posts on the NCAA board over stupid posts is not childish if it is done by you, did i get that right?

I will never be a "Homer" and stick my fingers in my ears and sing "La La La La" just to pretend the sanctions never happened or are lies and whether should the Gov't go after the NCAA like FIFA. Yeah that will make the NCAA quiver and admit it was all lies they made up. I am a huge Syracuse fan who happens to not " believe" in fairy tails like some here that want me to.
You also posted that If Boeheim gets nailed again he should be fired in the beginning,did i get that right? What's changed?

Like I said only if you knew the truth.
La La La La

F
Try to stay on point. You are all over the place. What makes a recruit elite to you? Top what? You made a point about the zone that doesn't hold water. End of story. If you want to go on a rant about JB and cheating, be my guest. But that is a different topic than the one you made. If you think the last 6 years haven't been very good for syracuse basketball on the court, you aren't just singing "la la la", you are singing " I see nothing, I know nothing".
Fine then,but if read into the recruiting quotes a lot here even say he would be great in the back of the zone,but his offensive game is very raw and limited.Then read what the so called experts have to say on recruiting sites pretty much mimics' what the so called experts have to say. I also doubt that we will fined enough scoring next to make the tournament unless the ACC gives us a very easy conference schedule next two years. We need offensive studs up front,not all need to be shot blockers who can fly out to the wing to try and block every shot. Our best shooters are stationary shooters who can get very cold and are not great at creating their own shot in our offense. Who in the last ten years made it good in the NBA other MCW and Dion who some say is a real head case. Sure we had some good players over the years,but most happened over ten years ago with most who did stick or got a sniff were marginal role players. That is also in the same time frame when Boeheim started to go zone exclusively.

Last edited:
I am really impressed with your response..Did you go to the University of Syracuse?

I thought his response was confirmation that he went!

Dasher why didn't you answer the question about you wanting JB to be fired if he got caught a second time? I know you had that post out there.
I must admit, I thought the NCAA would have more than they did. Failed MJ drug tests? Fab melo? I don't think jb is immune from being relieved. And what I said was that a plan would need to be put in place. I think that has happened. I am fine with how this part of the fiasco played out.

I must admit, I thought the NCAA would have more than they did. Failed MJ drug tests? Fab melo? I don't think jb is immune from being relieved. And what I said was that a plan would need to be put in place. I think that has happened. I am fine with how this part of the fiasco played out.

So its Jb's fault that players failed a a drug test, btw for weed, something that is now legal in a couple of states. As for Fab Melo, my father used to have this saying, "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink". It sounds like the coaching staff did everything humanly possible to get this guy in line, and he didn't care about anyone other than himself.

So its Jb's fault that players failed a a drug test, btw for weed, something that is now legal in a couple of states. As for Fab Melo, my father used to have this saying, "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink". It sounds like the coaching staff did everything humanly possible to get this guy in line, and he didn't care about anyone other than himself.
Did your dad also say that it was okay to drink the water yourself and claim the horse drank it? I don't care about the drug stuff. But the Fab Melo stuff shouldn't have happened.

So its Jb's fault that players failed a a drug test, btw for weed, something that is now legal in a couple of states.
it's JB's fault for not wanting to follow the procedures. There would have been no drug issues if JB had, as policy dictated, contacted the players' parents/guardians after the first positive test. JB didn't want to, asked Daryl to allow him to skip it, and now he is out 108 wins and his team will likely be out of the running for another Final Four for the remainder of his tenure.

it was such an easy procedure to follow. a complete self-inflicted blow. JB gets 90% of the blame on that, the other 10 goes to Gross for not having the sack to make Jim do his job.

it's JB's fault for not wanting to follow the procedures. There would have been no drug issues if JB had, as policy dictated, contacted the players' parents/guardians after the first positive test. JB didn't want to, asked Daryl to allow him to skip it, and now he is out 108 wins and his team will likely be out of the running for another Final Four for the remainder of his tenure.

it was such an easy procedure to follow. a complete self-inflicted blow. JB gets 90% of the blame on that, the other 10 goes to Gross for not having the sack to make Jim do his job.
meanwhile... Izzo, et. al point and giggle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors