Timeframe | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Timeframe

This is easily worked around though. New HC comes in and tells kids, you will NEVER play a down here. Then they leave on their own. See Harbaugh, Jim.

And see Marrone,Doug with inherited players already in the program. This is a ruthless business

Why would you think that?

And why would the recruits be committed to play for some unknown coach?

Based upon what I've heard about both, I could see them making that decision. The recruits haven't signed anything binding, so it could be the case where SU reaffirms that they will honor the commitment should the recruit decide to stay. A coach will be in place before classes begin in January.

there are a set number of people who can contact recruits. once the coach is gone that leaves a spot that can be billed by anyone who has taken the test and often it is the AD.. Osborne did it at nebraska a few years ago.
The coaching staff is still there...

I'm more inclined to think that Mark made himself available to be contacted by recruits instead of directly contacting the recruits directly.

I wonder if one of the recruiting staff (e.g. The TE or DB coach) could simply be de-activated from the recruiting role and have Mark take that over.

I think this momentum forming that if a decision is not made/announced by early next week will be dangerous for this board's collective psyche. Most of the good coaches and assistants are coaching this weekend, and even the next weekend in conference championship games.

If Coyle really is doing a "search," I believe you won't see decisions made for a couple/few weeks. And that will be ok.

If Coyle has a back pocket guy, that he has at the ready to seal a relationship; that would be nice. But if he doesn't have something that far down the tracks, we have to wait for successful teams hit their lull before bowls to interview many good ones. We have a great job, with strong young talent in the program in an excellent conference. We will get an exciting coach. We just may need the process to play out a bit.

People questioned the legality of the calls since the AD is not a member of the staff and the NCAA has rules regarding who may contact a recruit. Of course, Eric White could've contacted the recruits and suggested that they call the AD if they had any questions or concerns. ;)
He needs to take an NCAA course on recruiting first. He better have as we are on probation. Pernetti got a pass on his mistake at rutgers

If Coyle has a back pocket guy, that he has at the ready to seal a relationship; that would be nice. But if he doesn't have something that far down the tracks, we have to wait for successful teams hit their lull before bowls to interview many good ones. We have a great job, with strong young talent in the program in an excellent conference. We will get an exciting coach. We just may need the process to play out a bit.
Frost is free starting on Sunday. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom