Class of 2016 - PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI

For the love of god, if our football team is gonna show up let it be oct 11...
c8d.png
Oh word?
:)

If we are only recruiting Battle and no other guards...it's a headscratcher. This type of recruiting has hurt us repeatedly in the past. It's my belief that if we offer Murray we would sign a great combo guard. Maybe the staff is happy with Franklin and are shooting for the stars trying to go all out to land Giles and Battle. But long term recruitments hardly ever favor us. I hope I'm wrong.

You have to remember, Battle is only a rising junior. Boeheim will not wait until the first week of November of 2015 for Battle's decision. They will have plenty of time to get a plan B guy lined up. We've got year before we have to be concerned about missing out on any guards for that class. I like what they've done, compared to say a UConn, who had something like 25 or 30 outstanding offers under Kevin Ollie. We have many fewer open offers out there, which makes them more valuable. And we are now recruiting sophomores, so we are WAY ahead of the curve compared to other schools.

I didn't realize Murray possibly reclassifying to 2015 was a legit option. If the staff has known this could happen for a while then not offering him makes a bit more sense since we have no room in the 2015 class for him. I am still not a fan of the Battle camp communicating that offering another guard means its quits for them with us. I mean is that also the stipulations that UK, Duke ect are getting? I doubt it.
Where are you seeing this, as far as I can tell the only place I saw that was on here and it was complete speculation.

The article Above makes it seem like hop is

I believe they were referring to Red being the lead recruiter for Murray, not Battle. The article makes it very clear that Hop is Battle's lead recruiter. And like always, JB is the closer!

I wouldn't be surprised a bit if Battle commits this weekend during his visit.
I would, he's still just starting his junior year, that's a long ways till signing day.

That said I hope to god he does, because it allows us to put every ounce of 2016 effort into getting Giles to come our way. And that class, Moyer Battle and Giles combined with whoever stays from 2015 has to be a championship favorite in 2016

The article Above makes it seem like hop is
Sorry, I hijacked it and asked about Giles recruitment because he came up. Was to lazy to go to his thread and ask. Sorry for the confusion!

Reason for confidence?

Well, he has visited the campus several times already and he was a witness to the incredible atmosphere in the Dome when Syracuse played Duke last season. He has a more than casual connection to, and has played with other kids who are currently on the team or will be shortly... Syracuse has been focused on his recruitment since he was in 8th grade and have made it known since then that they covet his services and would make him a key component of the program once he gets here. The staff has carved out the longest affiliation with him and his father when compared to other schools. Both he and his father have made statements which can only be construed as portraying Syracuse in an extremely favorable fashion with respect to representing a school which embodies all of the characteristics they are seeking for Tyus's future.

And last but not least, although many of these kids like to play out and take part in the elaborate dance of courtship with the suitor schools seeking their services and they enjoy the attendant publicity ... some kids experience that "click" with a school and a situation whereby they know they have found the school that is going to be the one for them and they know if they commit early it will free them from the tiresome recruiting process and allow them to focus on themselves, their academic endeavors, and improving their game without being impeded by the constant assault of coaches, assistant coaches, and the media. A kid like Battle doesn't need any more exposure and publicity... he will do his talking with his play once he takes the floor dressed in Orange in the Dome, playing in the ACC and will be front and center on the biggest stage in College Basketball in front of 35,000 rabid Orange fans chanting his name!

And according to these recent stories it's now known that JB has talked to both Tyus and his father... they are now both poised to be sitting in front of Hall of Fame and 2nd most winning coach in College Basketball History who is going to give them a subtle pitch in the form of assurances that ...Syracuse is where he will be playing his college basketball.

And, by most accounts, JB really wants this kid and my money is on JB closing the deal sooner rather than later. A commitment from Battle not only crystallizes the future for Battle but for the Syracuse Basketball Program as well. Everything then falls into place.
Ergo, I wouldn't be surprised.

Flacusion has taken the next step. Jordoo and his mojo magic are alive and well. A verbal is forthcoming no doubt. The only thing I still see in my crystal ball is Dion being an All-Star. Oh well, maybe I should concentrate on college basketball. LGO.

Well, he has visited the campus several times already and he was a witness to the incredible atmosphere in the Dome when Syracuse played Duke last season. He has a more than casual connection to, and has played with other kids who are currently on the team or will be shortly... Syracuse has been focused on his recruitment since he was in 8th grade and have made it known since then that they covet his services and would make him a key component of the program once he gets here. The staff has carved out the longest affiliation with him and his father when compared to other schools. Both he and his father have made statements which can only be construed as portraying Syracuse in an extremely favorable fashion with respect to representing a school which embodies all of the characteristics they are seeking for Tyus's future.

And last but not least, although many of these kids like to play out and take part in the elaborate dance of courtship with the suitor schools seeking their services and they enjoy the attendant publicity ... some kids experience that "click" with a school and a situation whereby they know they have found the school that is going to be the one for them and they know if they commit early it will free them from the tiresome recruiting process and allow them to focus on themselves, their academic endeavors, and improving their game without being impeded by the constant assault of coaches, assistant coaches, and the media. A kid like Battle doesn't need any more exposure and publicity... he will do his talking with his play once he takes the floor dressed in Orange in the Dome, playing in the ACC and will be front and center on the biggest stage in College Basketball in front of 35,000 rabid Orange fans chanting his name!

And according to these recent stories it's now known that JB has talked to both Tyus and his father... they are now both poised to be sitting in front of Hall of Fame and 2nd most winning coach in College Basketball History who is going to give them a subtle pitch in the form of assurances that ...Syracuse is where he will be playing his college basketball.

And, by most accounts, JB really wants this kid and my money is on JB closing the deal sooner rather than later. A commitment from Battle not only crystallizes the future for Battle but for the Syracuse Basketball Program as well. Everything then falls into place.
Ergo, I wouldn't be surprised.
After reading your post, I will be taking my talents to (wait for it) Syracuse University.
Sadly, I have little talent.

Whats the difference between official and unofficial visits?

Whats the difference between official and unofficial visits?

Official: Paid for fully by the School. Travel, food, festivities, lodging ect. I think there is a limit of 5 of these per player.
Unofficial: Paid for by the recruit. I'm sure you are allowed some perks but basically its the family of the recruit footing all the major traveling bills.

Official: Paid for fully by the School. Travel, food, festivities, lodging ect. I think there is a limit of 5 of these per player.
Unofficial: Paid for by the recruit. I'm sure you are allowed some perks but basically its the family of the recruit footing all the major traveling bills.

Makes sense, thanks!

Syracuse.com has battle standing at 6'7 in shoes now. Wow
I wouldn't trust in that much. The same article found draft express now has Malachi in shoes at 6'3 1/4. Laughable, considering this is down 2 1/4 inches or so from the past few year! Impossible. And for the record, I wager he's at least 6'5 in shoes. I've seen him live three times over the past few years. He simply towers over any guard and is as tall as most wings. And that ain't the bush leagues. :)

I wouldn't trust in that much. The same article found draft express now has Malachi in shoes at 6'3 1/4. Laughable, considering this is down 2 1/4 inches or so from the past few year! Impossible. And for the record, I wager he's at least 6'5 in shoes. I've seen him live three times over the past few years. He simply towers over any guard and is as tall as most wings. And that ain't the bush leagues. :)
Yup. You'll never know officially until the NBA combines and such for their real measurements. Everything else is all unofficial but still fun to look at though.

Guess i'll never know how tall I really am then . . . . ;);););)
According to Les Nessman, it is elusive.

LES: I've often thought about putting Mother into a home. Her apartment seems so large now, what with her getting smaller all the time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom