Uconn @MSG | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Uconn @MSG

I find myself extremely salty watching Uconn playing still, and at MSG. Why exactly do they seem to always have better players than we do as well?
they don't have better players than us. Your question should be why do they get great draws so often?

I really don't wanna hear about "luck".

Our road to the Elite 8 would have been 14 seed W. Michigan, 11 seed Dayton and 10 seed Stanford.

This. ^

We have nobody to blame but ourselves.

they don't have better players than us. Your question should be why do they get great draws so often?
Name me the last time we had a big, since Melo, that could make ANY post move similar to Daniels?

Name me the last time we had a big, since Melo, that could make ANY post move similar to Daniels?
I don't get the lack of offensive moves our plays seem to possess. Year after year. I hate watching these games with numerous kids able to drive and score, make a post move or get their own jumper.

Why can't we just bring in some kids with skills already in place instead of athletes that may or may not develop them?

I hate seeing all these teams come to play and put the ball in the basket, when we just couldn't get it done.
Incredibly frustrating to watch.

Better question is how in the hell does UConn get MSG in the 4th and 5th rounds as a 7 seed. Some reward for ISU as a 3 seed. What a crock of s h i t.

I don't get the lack of offensive moves our plays seem to possess. Year after year. I hate watching these games with numerous kids able to drive and score, make a post move or get their own jumper.

Why can't we just bring in some kids with skills already in place instead of athletes that may or may not develop them?
Because we recruit for the zone? Not being sarcastic, just always hear 'He is long and lean and will fit perfect in the zone.'

At the start of the season, UConn and Syracuse both played Indiana about a week apart. UConn struggled to score but eked out a 1-point win. Syracuse blew Indiana out. The problem is that UConn is playing better now, and Syracuse played worse. Same story every year.

I'm going to file this under "Why did I see this coming?"

someone put me out of my misery, Feb 17th seems like 5 years ago.

rstone7727 said:
Uconn is on the up cycle right now.. Soon to change - stay tuned.

They're actually bringing in some good recruits.

I loathe UConn but all this mid-major finger pointing and chest beating about them was always stupid. I'm glad I never took part. Yeah, they are in an inferior conference but the last time I checked they have more titles than we do. That's why I don't get acting superior. The championship scoreboard does matter.

I don't think that Ollie is some master strategist but the guy knows how to motivate a team and he finds a ton of diamonds in the rough with his recruiting. And as others have said THEY know how to develop bigs. We suck at it. Period.

I'm sick to my stomach that they are one win away from yet another Final Four.

They're actually bringing in some good recruits.

And will run the table in a crappy conference. Guaranteed good seeding every year. They will become the mirror image of Geno's program...beat up on inferior opponents all year.

And will run the table in a crappy conference. Guaranteed good seeding every year. They will become the mirror image of Geno's program...beat up on inferior opponents all year.

BE women's basketball was one of the best conferences in women's hoops the last several years.

But I don't care who wins of UVA and MSU, they just have to beat UConn.

they get to play in MSG against an ISU team missing its 2nd best player and its best player having a nightmare shooting game.
Oh Lord
I swear to god, only ucon

Hey ISU thanks for coming up small on the big stage. Free throw clangers 6-15. If they shot decently from the line they would have been right there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom