Uconn @MSG | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Uconn @MSG

Hey ISU thanks for coming up small on the big stage. Free throw clangers 6-15. If they shot decently from the line they would have been right there.
if their big12 POY would have shown up, they would have been right there

It is absolute BS that they are playing at MSG. The NCAA is a joke. S*** like this makes me hope the NCAA loses billions in the O'Bannon lawsuit. I genuinely feel bad that ISU, MSU and Virginia have to play that school 150 miles from its campus.

I loathe UConn but all this mid-major finger pointing and chest beating about them was always stupid. I'm glad I never took part. Yeah, they are in an inferior conference but the last time I checked they have more titles than we do. That's why I don't get acting superior. The championship scoreboard does matter.

I don't think that Ollie is some master strategist but the guy knows how to motivate a team and he finds a ton of diamonds in the rough with his recruiting. And as others have said THEY know how to develop bigs. We suck at it. Period.

I'm sick to my stomach that they are one win away from yet another Final Four.

It really is ridiculous. I'm embarrassed for all the bashing they got. It one thing to dislike/despise them for rivalry purposes, but the bashing and predisctions of a demise showed nothing but ignorance.

UConn has 2 good players, Napier and Boatright. The other guys are below average. Terrible coaching job by Hoiberg. The first half they gave Napier way too much space and he just killed them. And Daniels who most games is in a coma, shoots lights out for 27 points. Still hve to give them credit for shooting well in a big game unlike another team who I won't identify.

NKR1978 said:
It is absolute BS that they are playing at MSG. The NCAA is a joke. S*** like this makes me hope the NCAA loses billions in the O'Bannon lawsuit. I genuinely feel bad that ISU, MSU and Virginia have to play that school 150 miles from its campus.

Disagree. They were a 7 seed. They were not supposed to be there. We had MSG in our back pocket and pssd it away.

No chance they get by MSU/UVA winner.

Don't see at this point how you could say they'd have no chance. Napier hit those 4 3's right away then was really quiet and they still scored 81. Daniels was massive, Samuel, Giffey and Kromah all had solid games.

They're playing really well and I think it's ridiculous to say right now they have "no shot" against UVA/MSU. ALthough I think if you're UConn you'd rather see UVA.

Disagree. They were a 7 seed. They were not supposed to be there. We had MSG in our back pocket and pssd it away.
No. We were a 3 seed and earned it a helluva lot more than that sorry@ss team did. They were gifted the region they got along with the weakest 2 seed in tourney history

Don't see at this point how you could say they'd have no chance. Napier hit those 4 3's right away then was really quiet and they still scored 81. Daniels was massive, Samuel, Giffey and Kromah all had solid games.

They're playing really well and I think it's ridiculous to say right now they have "no shot" against UVA/MSU. ALthough I think if you're UConn you'd rather see UVA.
They haven't played a strong team yet. No, ISU without Niang is not a strong team.
They will not beat MSU or UVa

They haven't played a strong team yet. No, ISU without Niang is not a strong team.
They will not beat MSU or UVa
Maybe so. But you can only play who's infront of you. They're playing well, no reason to think they can't beat either of those teams.

It really is ridiculous. I'm embarrassed for all the bashing they got. It one thing to dislike/despise them for rivalry purposes, but the bashing and predisctions of a demise showed nothing but ignorance.
Have you read the cesspoolyard in the past year or so? Any bashing that insipid excuse of program gets is 100% warranted.

It helps that ISU doesn't play defense. I just don't see UConn matching up well with either UVA or MSU. UConn had a favorable draw for the tourney but that ends in Sunday.

UCONN will be in the final 4. Our fans like to rip them but fact is they are in the elite 8 yet again. They are not going anywhere. FACT IS UCONN will be in th final 4, and it sucks. WE had NYC and we blew it. Yes it sucks

It helps that ISU doesn't play defense. I just don't see UConn matching up well with either UVA or MSU. UConn had a favorable draw for the tourney but that ends in Sunday.
UConn has had good matchups, I'm not arguing that, and I do think Sunday will be their hardest game. But, to write them off before the game even starts is a little premature.

Have you read the cesspoolyard in the past year or so? Any bashing that insipid excuse of program gets is 100% warranted.

I'm all for bashing them and their fans, but calling them a mid-major and an inferior program was and is stupid. They have the banners. We don't. Win a title and then talk and look down from the mountaintop.

UCONN will be in the final 4. Our fans like to rip them but fact is they are in the elite 8 yet again. They are not going anywhere. FACT IS UCONN will be in th final 4, and it sucks. WE had NYC and we blew it. Yes it sucks
uh what?

Yeah, how many mid-majors have made the elite 8 lately?

Meh. They're still screwed.

I'm all for bashing them and their fans, but calling them a mid-major and an inferior program was and is stupid. They have the banners. We don't. Win a title and then talk and look down from the mountaintop.
But they are a mid-major now. Albeit a scrappy one, but a mid-major nonetheless.
:noidea:

But they are a mid-major now. Albeit a scrappy one, but a mid-major nonetheless.

The are not a mid-major as they play football on the same level as the P5. The new BE however is totally mid-major.

With Louisville leaving perhaps, but a conference with Cinci , UConn and Memphis isn't that bad. The New Big East is decent also.
A mid-major to me is Gonzaga, St Mary's ya know?

Okay, but to me that is just a label. They are a mid-major with three titles. We have one.

Regardless of their conference, they will always be a power because of their brand name and legacy in the past three decades. They will still get recruits and they will still be a top 25 fixture IMO.

The UConn demise talk is stupid and without merit.

And again, I hate them, just trying to be objective.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom