UCONN | Syracusefan.com

UCONN

just beat Houston and is Bowl eligble
Bowl eligible in a non P5 conference isnt that hard to do. Put them in the ACC and see what happens. I would still rather be SU than UConn despite the crappy bowl they may go to.

So much for everyone making fun of them.

They went and hired Bob Diaco who is looking like he is going to be a very good HC. He has the future looking up for them. Same goes for Pitt. They had to make another coaching change and looked to have got it right as well with Narduzzi. This also shows that if you hire the right assistant you can win.

It should also be noted that both schools have made numerous head coaching moves in the past 5 years. Uconn went from Edsall to P, and when that didn't work they got rid of him and got Diaco. Same with Pitt. How many HC moves have they had in the past decade? Shows that the whole program stability thing doesn't mean jack if you don't have the right HC to stabilize the program.

So much for everyone making fun of them.

They went and hired Bob Diaco who is looking like he is going to be a very good HC. He has the future looking up for them. Same goes for Pitt. They had to make another coaching change and looked to have got it right as well with Narduzzi. This also shows that if you hire the right assistant you can win.

It should also be noted that both schools have made numerous head coaching moves in the past 5 years. Uconn went from Edsall to P, and when that didn't work they got rid of him and got Diaco. Same with Pitt. How many HC moves have they had in the past decade? Shows that the whole program stability thing doesn't mean jack if you don't have the right HC to stabilize the program.
Agree with your assessment of what can happen when you change coaches quickly, but Syracuse would be bowl eligible in the american. Remember how we blasted CMU last year? They went to a bowl as well. being bowl eligible in theses conferences doesnt mean jack.

Agree with your assessment of what can happen when you change coaches quickly, but Syracuse would be bowl eligible in the american. Remember how we blasted CMU last year? They went to a bowl as well. being bowl eligible in theses conferences doesnt mean jack.

Bowl eligible is bowl eligible. I think the AAC is a pretty good conference myself, and I certainly don't think we would be a guaranteed bowl team if we were in the AAC.

Bowl eligible is bowl eligible. I think the AAC is a pretty good conference myself, and I certainly don't think we would be a guaranteed bowl team if we were in the AAC.

What's our record in the AAC? W this staff we are maybe 1-2 wins better. So we would be right around uconn

Pasqualoni needed more time! The cupboard was bare! Northeast ties, etc.

cuseguy said:
We'd be a good fit in the AAC...or the MAC.

I wish we could just try an accomplished coach and fail at that before we decide we need to become an FCS.

Greg Robinson and Scott Shafer failed here. And if those guys failed then what hope have we? They had won everywhere they had been before they got here.

The answer is obviously not to try an offensive head coach. Last time we did that we got stuck with a couple Pinstripe Bowl wins.

Ok. So uconn would be "bowl eligible" if in the acc? You're not getting my point. It's easy to get there in a non P5 league. Again, we beat CMU 40-3 in their house last year yet they were "bowl eligible". I'm still glad we aren't CMU.

If we are the American we beat UCF, SMU, Tulane.
We are 50/50 with ECU and UConn.
We lose to USF, Cincinnati, Houston, Tulsa, Navy, Temple, Memphis

Bowl eligible in a non P5 conference isnt that hard to do. Put them in the ACC and see what happens. I would still rather be SU than UConn despite the crappy bowl they may go to.
Houston is ranked #19. Yes that is hard to do, considering UCONN is a laughingstock. SU is the that S$%^hole of the laughingstock...

Big win... their bball team is also going to be real solid this year. Much better outlook than ours, imo.

But...they're irrelevant, right?

Yes, they are. And our future is much brighter in BOTH sports, due to P5 conference affiliation and revenue considerations.

:rolling:

Houston is ranked #19. Yes that is hard to do, considering UCONN is a laughingstock. SU is the that S$%^hole of the laughingstock...
It was a nice win. Not knocking it. But is Houston #19 if they're in a real conference? No. That's my point. And that they lost to uconn confirms it

Yes, they are. And our future is much brighter in BOTH sports, due to P5 conference affiliation and revenue considerations.

I don't get the logic. I know you limited your comparison to us vs. them, but most try to generalize and under-appreciate non "power" teams.

If you were to look at everyone's (i.e. top 100 programs) future in CBB and rank them, where would you put Gonzaga's future?

Now where would you put a 4 time national champion's future?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom