UNC Academic Fraud Details | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

UNC Academic Fraud Details

Jose Cansecoesque

Here is the AD's statement in June. Someone is lying. June 2014. You can decide for yourself is the liar.

"Since becoming Carolina’s director of athletics, I have gotten to know some of Mr. McCants’ teammates, and I know that claims about their academic experience have affected them deeply. They are adamant that they had a different experience at UNC-Chapel Hill than has been portrayed by Mr. McCants and others. I am impressed with their love for Carolina and passion for their education. Several of them have continued to take classes and finish their degrees and all of them are proud of their academic achievements. We, too, are proud of them.”​

sdhusky - I really, really DGAF about UNC, UCON or their issues. No offense. I actually wouldn't mind if you and itsbotime took your pissing match say to your own board.
I am interested in anything ACC. Beside, nobody puts a gun to your head and forces you to read anything.

Are you suggesting only big-time programs cheat?

Quick Trivia - who has more NCs in the last 2 decades years - UConn or (Duke + ND + Stanford + Michigan + UNC)

PS: Its a trick question.

Quick Trivia - who has more NCs in the last 2 decades years - UConn or (Duke + ND + Stanford + Michigan + UNC) and is not in a P5 conference?

PS: Its a trick question.

sdhusky - I really, really DGAF about UNC, UCON or their issues. No offense. I actually wouldn't mind if you and itsbotime took your pissing match say to your own board.

I'll stop, but I think its relevant when the UNC guys say, over and over, that everyone is doing it, so its not big deal.

Everyone has easy courses, but not everyone has sham courses.

itsbotime said:
Wainstein said that there was no evidence to support McCants' assertions. If you have a problem with Wainstein's report, perhaps you should write him and ask him to clarify.

I knew you were FOS. Context. Weinstein's report does not say that all of McCants allegations were false. In fact Weinstein agreed with most of them and found evidence.

What Weinstein DID say was that McCants allegation that Williams knew about the scam was unfounded because everyone denied it. He also said that McCants allegation that players would pick up papers from tutors was not able to be assessed because McCants wouldn't talk to them. But Weinstein did find other instances of misconduct by the tutors.

So where does Weinstein say 100% or all of McCants allegations are false? Where does it say that his claim of taking paper courses is false? Where does it say that his claim of not having to attend these classes is false? Where does it say that his claim of being steered to these classes is false? Etc etc.

It's a pdf file. The find function works well. You're a liar.

If you want some fun, follow the trail of all these advisors and their director who Williams brought with him from Kansas.

Can you point me to another school that kept 1500 athletes eligible with fake courses? You sound like. Pedst fan now.
Please explain your declaration that all schools are guilty because they recruit from the same pool. do student athletes design their own courses? Perhaps you are arguing that itis obvious that all schools have to create phony classes for athletes? curious minds want to know why you think that every school is guilty.

In any normal school some athletes excell academically and others have to drop out or take a leave of absence from athletics for academic reasons. Southerland and Fab are two recent Syracuse examples of the latter. Has a NC athlete ever flunked out?

4? We have 5. 4 is for Dookies.
Claiming a Helms title
To answer your first question, probably (in my opinion) because at that point they were already catching heat from the NCAA for other issues.

And I'm not interested in UConn...we're talking big-time academic/athletic institutions here. When is the last time Duke, Notre Dame, Stanford, Michigan, etc went on probation for APR issues? Don't these schools all recruit the same athletes that UNC does?
The soft racism of low expectations. I'm guessing those other programs didn't assume their black student athletes couldn't do the work like you and UNC did.

AlaskaSU said:
Please explain your declaration that all schools are guilty because they recruit from the same pool. do student athletes design their own courses? Perhaps you are arguing that itis obvious that all schools have to create phony classes for athletes? curious minds want to know why you think that every school is guilty. In any normal school some athletes excell academically and others have to drop out or take a leave of absence from athletics for academic reasons. Southerland and Fab are two recent Syracuse examples of the latter. Has a NC athlete ever flunked out?

Think you replied to the wrong post.

Think you replied to the wrong post.
I mistakenly assumed that my reply would be preceded by both your reply and the itsbotime nonsense that you replied to. I am replying to the same idiotic statement that you replied to: all schools are guilty of academic fraud because they recruit from the same talent pool. Guess I spent too much time getting jollies reading threads about the NC Way on Duke and NCS forums where the replies include more prior comments. Did not notice itsbotime commenting on those forums.

Please explain your declaration that all schools are guilty because they recruit from the same pool. do student athletes design their own courses? Perhaps you are arguing that itis obvious that all schools have to create phony classes for athletes? curious minds want to know why you think that every school is guilty.

In any normal school some athletes excell academically and others have to drop out or take a leave of absence from athletics for academic reasons. Southerland and Fab are two recent Syracuse examples of the latter. Has a NC athlete ever flunked out?

Can't speak for Syracuse, but when is the last time you ever saw an academic casualty at Duke?

I knew you were FOS. Context. Weinstein's report does not say that all of McCants allegations were false. In fact Weinstein agreed with most of them and found evidence.

What Weinstein DID say was that McCants allegation that Williams knew about the scam was unfounded because everyone denied it. He also said that McCants allegation that players would pick up papers from tutors was not able to be assessed because McCants wouldn't talk to them. But Weinstein did find other instances of misconduct by the tutors.

So where does Weinstein say 100% or all of McCants allegations are false? Where does it say that his claim of taking paper courses is false? Where does it say that his claim of not having to attend these classes is false? Where does it say that his claim of being steered to these classes is false? Etc etc.

It's a pdf file. The find function works well. You're a liar.

If you want some fun, follow the trail of all these advisors and their director who Williams brought with him from Kansas.

Yes, the search function does work well. I quoted verbatim from the report several times. Wainstein said there was no evidence to support McCants' assertions. His words, not mine.

AlaskaSU said:
I mistakenly assumed that my reply would be preceded by both your reply and the itsbotime nonsense that you replied to. I am replying to the same idiotic statement that you replied to: all schools are guilty of academic fraud because they recruit from the same talent pool. Guess I spent too much time getting jollies reading threads about the NC Way on Duke and NCS forums where the replies include more prior comments. Did not notice itsbotime commenting on those forums.

Not a problem. I knew who you talking to.

itsbotime said:
Yes, the search function does work well. I quoted verbatim from the report several times. Wainstein said there was no evidence to support McCants' assertions. His words, not mine.

You might want to move on. You've lost what little credibility you had. You flat out lied about what the report says. You claimed at least twice that Weinstein said all of McCants allegations were false. That's a lie and I pointed out what the report said. It said nothing of the sort.

You might want to move on. You've lost what little credibility you had. You flat out lied about what the report says. You claimed at least twice that Weinstein said all of McCants allegations were false. That's a lie and I pointed out what the report said. It said nothing of the sort.

I quoted the report verbatim. "Nothing to support (McCants') allegations." Literally, word for word, from the report.

itsbotime said:
I quoted the report verbatim. "Nothing to support (McCants') allegations." Literally, word for word, from the report.

And those words are specifically related to whether Williams knew or whether McCants would just go pick up papers from tutors. Not ALL allegations which you claimed at least twice, if not more, in this thread. You flat out lied and have zero credibility.

And those words are specifically related to whether Williams knew or whether McCants would just go pick up papers from tutors. Not ALL allegations which you claimed at least twice, if not more, in this thread. You flat out lied and have zero credibility.

Aren't you the one who claimed twice that UNC gave McCants $10 million?

itsbotime said:
Aren't you the one who claimed twice that UNC gave McCants $10 million?

And I told you I didn't know about that and got it from a back and forth between you and another poster. One is a misunderstanding of posts, the other is a flat out lie. Nice try at diversion. Go read the report you keep touting. There's a lot more facts in there that show you as a liar.

And I told you I didn't know about that and got it from a back and forth between you and another poster. One is a misunderstanding of posts, the other is a flat out lie. Nice try at diversion. Go read the report you keep touting. There's a lot more facts in there that show you as a liar.

So quoting, verbatim, from the report makes me a liar? McCants said that he took paper classes. We already knew that, even before the report was commissioned. McCants said that Roy knew about the classes. Wainstein disagreed. McCants said that tutors did his papers. Wainstein found no evidence of that. McCants complained to the media about how UNC was "like a jail" because he was stuck in class all the time. McCants said that he is waiting for checks for $310 million to magically appear in his mailbox. McCants said a lot of things, and every original statement of his (i.e. every new claim) is gibberish.

itsbotime said:
So quoting, verbatim, from the report makes me a liar? McCants said that he took paper classes. We already knew that, even before the report was commissioned. McCants said that Roy knew about the classes. Wainstein disagreed. McCants said that tutors did his papers. Wainstein found no evidence of that. McCants complained to the media about how UNC was "like a jail" because he was stuck in class all the time. McCants said that he is waiting for checks for $310 million to magically appear in his mailbox. McCants said a lot of things, and every original statement of his (i.e. every new claim) is gibberish.

Yes, you are a liar.

itsbotime said:
Sure, if you want to call Wainstein liar, go ahead.

Weinsteins words were SPECIFIC to an allegation. Your words said ALL. Want me to copy and paste your words? Just stop, this is boring the hell out of me and you have no credibility and your welcome has pretty much worn out. I suggest you read that report word for word. It leaves no doubt this was done for athletes and their eligibility and the people involved had very close ties to the coaching staffs, including Williams. Go away.

Did Wainstein disagree about williams knowing or find no evidence that Williams knew? Big diference.

dasher said:
Did Wainstein disagree about williams knowing or find no evidence that Williams knew? Big diference.

That too.