UNC Gameday... | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

UNC Gameday...

Like Olexo just has to know not to shoot that there without back up. It should not matter whether or not a coach is yelling at him on the sideline to hold it. He just has to know not to shoot there. Dumb human error that would have truly ended the game if we did not do it

The way that that unfolded from the 9:34 mark of the 3rd (especially offensively) that may have been even worse than kissing your sister. :vomit:

Like Olexo just has to know not to shoot that there without back up. It should not matter whether or not a coach is yelling at him on the sideline to hold it. He just has to know not to shoot there. Dumb human error that would have truly ended the game if we did not do it
100% that's on Olexo he has play lacrosse long enough to know what to do in that situation.

Offense was rolling for three quarters. Combo dumb errors with a little too much slow down and that’s what you get for the 4th. Again I don’t think our scheme on O is wrong. If it was then we are not in good shape leading into the 4th. Thomson misses another dunk in crunch time. Thank god he made up for it earlier in the game

We are locked into the playoffs. And we won the game. But it has to clean up before may
Yes, I know we’re making the playoffs. Was just trying to inject some levity.

Same issues have been plaguing the team all season - I suppose it’s possible that they’ll clean it up before the playoffs, but not sure that it’s likely.

Offense was rolling for three quarters. Combo dumb errors with a little too much slow down and that’s what you get for the 4th. Again I don’t think our scheme on O is wrong. If it was then we are not in good shape leading into the 4th. Thomson misses another dunk in crunch time. Thank god he made up for it earlier in the game

We waste too much time trying to run clock, then we're forced to make something happen with 20 seconds left.

Just go to the damn cage (not you, Saam).

this offense doesn’t have slow down setting. It’s either all out n they score or slow down n turnover n mistakes. Can never take foot off gas. He also needs to start teaching his guys bout situations n when to shoot or not to n all have to be smarter. Stop with dumb penalties n emo has to back up shots.

this offense doesn’t have slow down setting. It’s either all out n they score or slow down n turnover n mistakes. Can never take foot off gas. He also needs to start teaching his guys bout situations n when to shoot or not to n all have to be smarter. Stop with dumb penalties n emo has to back up shots.
Right... and lose the btb crap.

Yes, I know we’re making the playoffs. Was just trying to inject some levity.

Same issues have been plaguing the team all season - I suppose it’s possible that they’ll clean it up before the playoffs, but not sure that it’s likely.
They beat Duke and Hopkins. These issues are not what cost us the Md Army games. They fought til the end with ND. I would say these meltdowns have only happened the last two games. They just need to look how they did before these last two games.

That was a desperate UNC team and they came out and punched the Orange in the mouth. The Orange responded with 7 goal run. Yes, the team lacks discipline but this was an important win and another building block.

They beat Duke and Hopkins. These issues are not what cost us the Md Army games. They fought til the end with ND. I would say these meltdowns have only happened the last two games. They just need to look how they did before these last two games.

Well to be fair they blew a 3 goal lead vs Army in the 4th to. As noted team lacks discipline and offense for all that talent runs way to hot and cold. Keep waiting for Gait and March to get this offense to play 4 quarters but so far nada

Last thing the shooting on this team has to drastically improve. I’d bet to say miss atleast 5 open shots each game that are pretty dam close to a layup. I said it before and still think it but this team seams to lack one of the Hs in HHH every game. Either no heart or no head or no hustle. Think lucky for us unc made more mistakes than us which helped us win this game in my opinion. We are def better then a 1 goal win vs unc. Offense also seems to get away from what works during the game instead just pounding away till defense stops it. English again needs a left hand or play on other side so when goes down alley already in his right hand. If he can’t maby get him off then. He doesn’t bring a huge level of offensive skills in my eyes. Feel stevens is better offensively n defensively then english. Leo was non existent with pole on him today grant didn’t seem to push it much. Birt again missed some really good looks. Rhoa didn’t shoot much but when did were simple saves. Mule im losing faith in. He is nice feeder at times but he seems to struggle overall a lot n telegraphs what he’s going to do. The one pass that got stolen i called it before happen. Unc defender prob saw exactly what i did n where mule was going n why was able to just get the pass. This team needs to really look deep within itself and make some changes. Offense as we all have said can not can absolutely not stop. They don’t have the composure or athleticism (speed) to stop scoring. Glad we got the win but it was not pretty n not good way be heading into last game.

Least made it thru without march got the win n acc tounry. Now be really really nice to get a win over uva n possibly being a higher seed hopefully keeping us away from Nd in a possible second round match up.

Last thing the shooting on this team has to drastically improve. I’d bet to say miss atleast 5 open shots each game that are pretty dam close to a layup. I said it before and still think it but this team seams to lack one of the Hs in HHH every game. Either no heart or no head or no hustle. Think lucky for us unc made more mistakes than us which helped us win this game in my opinion. We are def better then a 1 goal win vs unc. Offense also seems to get away from what works during the game instead just pounding away till defense stops it. English again needs a left hand or play on other side so when goes down alley already in his right hand. If he can’t maby get him off then. He doesn’t bring a huge level of offensive skills in my eyes. Feel stevens is better offensively n defensively then english. Leo was non existent with pole on him today grant didn’t seem to push it much. Birt again missed some really good looks. Rhoa didn’t shoot much but when did were simple saves. Mule im losing faith in. He is nice feeder at times but he seems to struggle overall a lot n telegraphs what he’s going to do. The one pass that got stolen i called it before happen. Unc defender prob saw exactly what i did n where mule was going n why was able to just get the pass. This team needs to really look deep within itself and make some changes. Offense as we all have said can not can absolutely not stop. They don’t have the composure or athleticism (speed) to stop scoring. Glad we got the win but it was not pretty n not good way be heading into last game.

Your right about the shooting, SU had plenty of good looks in the 4th, to not cash any of them in is absurd. Team is just to jekkyl and hide offensively. They continue to ha e a quarter + each game where we just look lost. It's unexplainable

Syracuse had 8 turnovers in the first 3 quarters and 7 in the 4th qtr. Total of 15. NC had a total of 21 (4 in the 4th qtr).

Well to be fair they blew a 3 goal lead vs Army in the 4th to. As noted team lacks discipline and offense for all that talent runs way to hot and cold. Keep waiting for Gait and March to get this offense to play 4 quarters but so far nada
Discipline I’ll give you, but offense has been a victim of their own dumb errors, not what March and Gait set up for them scheme wise. Our failed clears today were perhaps the biggest factor in the lack of goals. You could argue that they tried to slow it down too much, but the main reason for lack of goals in the 4th was dumb turnovers and dumb unforced errors and mistakes shooting backing up etc. Its not like defenses are figuring out how to stop us in the 4th quarter. These have been self inflicted errors. I put less blame on gait and marchs offensive scheme 6v6.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom