USC and UCLA to the Big Ten | Page 101 | Syracusefan.com

USC and UCLA to the Big Ten

It was never much of a series. It's more of a big brother/little brother over-hyped Rutgers game. Oklahoma leads the series 90-19-7. Other than being played annually for a long time and being close proximity, it was not really a big game.

While I prefer regional conferences, that ship has sailed. There should be no more sacred rivalries, except the academies.

So, when is the SEC going to tell USC to cancel the series with Clemson? Georgia's with Tech?

If Clemson joins the Big Ten, they could have a rivalry with USC.

R.2d818d0635e3491a7ab5afce6dc6d58a

I don't think Okie State - Oklahoma is that great of a rivalry. Its a tough game that derails the season for OU and Texas is the one the rivalry they care about more. Rivalries are only great if its both teams most important one.

Cincy, UCF, BYU, and Houston are all pretty good matchups for Oklahoma State and peer programs. OU fits better in the SEC than Missouri.

I don't think Okie State - Oklahoma is that great of a rivalry. Its a tough game that derails the season for OU and Texas is the one the rivalry they care about more. Rivalries are only great if its both teams most important one.

Cincy, UCF, BYU, and Houston are all pretty good matchups for Oklahoma State and peer programs. OU fits better in the SEC than Missouri.
Which is not saying much.

Maybe I'm too old (not THAT old), but I think Oklahoma - Nebraska should be #1. It was THE game for so many years. But in reality, I think the Big 12 actually killed that before the Big 10 finished it off for good.

Texas - Texas A&M is back. I liked that one better than Bedlam. It was annual Friday morning viewing after Thanksgiving.

The Pitt - Penn State placement is funny. 34 places behind that memorable Pitt - Cincy rivalry!

Just not sure how you keep the attention of those who will not make the in crowd. Seems like bad business to me, but I know nothing.
It is bad business long term. But the damned fools holding the huge bank accounts think only of short term profits and of their desires to totally remake things according to their fantasies. They are feeding their own egos, and they have very little time or inclination to consider harms they might inflict.

Just like the rest of big business in the Western world.

Georgia is definitely only number 2 for Auburn, but UGA-Auburn is still a killer.

The key is that it has to matter to each school, even if in different ways.
The best was Red River Shootout, until whiners forced a change.

Whiners also forced Oregon-Oregon St to drop The Civil War.

So, when is the SEC going to tell USC to cancel the series with Clemson? Georgia's with Tech?
It may be SC state law that Clemson and SoCar must play annually in football.

Like I have said for years, the Pac has been bleeding fans, not dripping bleeding but pulsing bleeding, for this century.

UCLA has nearly 50,000 students. It probably has a quarter million alums living within a 2 hour drive of the Rose Bowl.

The BT added SC and UCLA to 'own' the Rose Bowl totally and to help its midwestern members mine talent in southern CA. Even the BT is not so stupid as to assume that UCLA suddenly will now become a mid-level ticket seller and TV draw because it will have B1G on its jerseys.

Players, cheerleaders, alums, street people, etc. - whiners are whiners. Like toddlers, they throw fits and make demands to see what they can get away with and to revel in making the adults pander to them.
OK, whatever.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom