USMNT soccer team thread | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

USMNT soccer team thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there's the opposite of a silver lining is that this performance has saved Klinsman's job. I wouldn't have minded them bombing out to get rid of him.

What is with the coverage of this tournament?

USA vs Argentina can't get aired of Fox?

99% of these games aired on random FS1 and FX. They couldve built up a lot of publicity for this tournament but instead it's hidden while the NBA Finals dominate the American sports world.

From US Soccer...
The protest against the cards issued to Jermaine Jones & Bobby Wood has been dismissed. Neither eligible for #USAvARG

Man City, Arsenal and PSG are among the clubs scouting John Brooks with interest at this Copa America. His club Hertha Berlin aren't currently interested in selling him.

how big an underdog are we tonight?

any chance?

would the RedCard guys help that much??

Underdog? Yes. Argentina is #1 in the world. We are #31. The last time we were in a major semifinal was in 2009 against the new #1 Spain. Spoiler alert: We won!

Wood, Jones, and Bedoya would all help. But not make or break us. We have some solid depth and guys that are more than capable of starting in their places. I'd expect to see Beckerman, Zusi, and Nagbe.

HFA in soccer is the biggest advantage in all of sports. With that said Argentina have Sergio Agriuro and Messi fit for this match. Losing Wood is the probably he biggest loss. Bedoya for Zusi isn't that big a loss and I think Beckerman's defensive prowess is more helpful than Jones this match. Bradley will need to step up this match. Either Pulisic or Dagebe in the MF and I expect Zardes up top.

If we can get to halftime without conceding a goal I think we will win. Brooks vs. Messi is going to be cool.

Hopefully whatever knock Brooks picked last match is all good for tonight. We need him at his best tonight. He has been a beast all tournament but showed some signs of struggle towards the end of last match.

We are going to miss Wood and his work rate the most without a doubt. Zusi/Bedoya is a wash. And agreed on Beckerman (more defensive) as a holding mid over Jones is probably a plus.

HFA in soccer is the biggest advantage in all of sports. With that said Argentina have Sergio Agriuro and Messi fit for this match. Losing Wood is the probably he biggest loss. Bedoya for Zusi isn't that big a loss and I think Beckerman's defensive prowess is more helpful than Jones this match. Bradley will need to step up this match. Either Pulisic or Dagebe in the MF and I expect Zardes up top.

If we can get to halftime without conceding a goal I think we will win. Brooks vs. Messi is going to be cool.
Brooks has a chance to make a lot of money today.

Nico Gaitan out for picking up a yellow vs. Venezuela, correct? That's a big help, although Argentina is not short of attacking options.

Nico Gaitan out for picking up a yellow vs. Venezuela, correct? That's a big help, although Argentina is not short of attacking options.

Yes, he is out. But as you said, they are loaded with attacking players. Big test for our backline and holding mids!

Here is our starting side for tonight's match vs. Argentina...

Guzan, Yedlin, Cameron, Brooks, Johnson, Zusi, Beckerman, Bradley, Zardes, Dempsey, Wondolowski

My take: I'm happy with the lineup minus Wondo. I wanted to see Nagbe or Pulisic. I hope Wondo surprises me...

Here is our starting side for tonight's match vs. Argentina...

Guzan, Yedlin, Cameron, Brooks, Johnson, Zusi, Beckerman, Bradley, Zardes, Dempsey, Wondolowski

My take: I'm happy with the lineup minus Wondo. I wanted to see Nagbe or Pulisic. I hope Wondo surprises me...

Really did not expect to see Wondo in. Not the call I would have made. Let's see how this works out.

I swear Michael Bradley is good for dumb pass a match that leads to goal scoring chance for the opponent. He has gone from really solid to scary since he came to MLS.

We are getting schooled by an elite team.

Can these guys make more than one pass without giving it back to Argentina? Not sure I should expect anything more when they talked about our "All-MLS" frontline.

Jurgen.

Puts in most whack lineup for tonight's match and down after three minutes?

Potentially Biggest match of coaching career and goes Uber safe with the lineup

Status
Not open for further replies.