USMNT soccer team thread | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

USMNT soccer team thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is brutal. Possibly one of the worst halves of futbol by US in long time

Beat down is on. The fact Wondo started still pisses me off. After Belgium he should have never played an important minute again.
I've followed soccer more and more in the past few years. Not an expert on USMNT by any means but I know enough to realize that Wondo is a total scrub and should not ever, ever be playing in a game like this.

Does Bradley know what color our jerseys are?
Bradley melts down when pressed. This is the worst half of soccer since playing Spain in Foxboro in 2011. Spain embrassed us that day and Argentina is tonight.

I would take Wondo/Beckeman out and bring on Pulisic and Dagbe.

Give credit to Argentina they are elite.

This has not been Guzan's best half either. He was in no-man's land and flat footed on the first goal. And I don't know what he was thinking on that last play of the half.

I think Dempsey touched the ball twice in the entire first half. It goes without saying that Wondo needs to be replaced. Zusi was shakey. And yes, Bradley has not looked in good form.

This has not been Guzan's best half either. He was in no-man's land and flat footed on the first goal. And I don't know what he was thinking on that last play of the half.
Yeah am I not a fan of Guzan he was awful for Aston Villa and while Howard was dropped at Everton several times I like him more. Klinsman didn't like Howard taking that 1 year sabbatical.

The worst decision a goalie can make is indecision. You are never wrong if you are decisive.

Non-aficionado here, checking out the big game. Two observations:

- Like all really good teams in all sports, Argentina really knows how to put on the defensive pressure. Wherever we are, that's where they are. A couple of times we managed to get free with the ball with some good ball handling but it never lasts long.

- The Argentina players are also highly skilled at rolling around in pain after a foul and clutching a par tof their body that is not the one the American player made contact with.

Catching up on dvr...an absolute JOKE that Wondo started. Single handedly gave Messi a free kick right in his wheelhouse

That was the equivalent of being "gammoned". Zero shots on goal! Utterly defenseless (and offenseless) throughout. Klinsmann absolutely blows. What a joke. Wondo is Jurgy as Bornstein is to Bob.

I'm not bothered by 4-0.
I'm bothered because they played to lose 1-0 by that starting lineup

losing woods hurt as he was the one guy who could get over the top with control. dempsey was left as the only guy who could control under pressure but he couldnt get touches. there were plays to be made but the passing under pressure was so bad we never had any ball control. still as good as Argentina is messi really does almost everything that leads to goals. without him its a far different game, the US has nothing close although i think the young kid once he gets stronger will be pretty good probably better than anything else we have right now. we have some nice pieces going forward when they dont make the mistakes to put is into a hole.

Tonight was the worst performance by the USMNT since this game I went too.

This tournament developed the USA's back 4 of the future. Our midfield blows. Zardes is only MF that didn't completely suck tonight. Bradley blows.

Dempsey/Wood are a solid up top pairing. We need to develop forwards. Tonight showed how awful the USA talent pool is compares to the world's elite. Right now the back 4 and Pulisic /Dempsey are the only quality UCL talent we had on the field tonight.

Btw, Landon was great tonight, and the last 7-10 days. I loved how excited he was about the Pulisic sub. Happy for the 17-year old, as he once one as a youngster on the USMNT, but even happier to see Wondo out. He also threw some great digs in at Jurgy throughout while also building him up with backhanded compliments. The statements about Dempsey needing to be on the team, and STARTING, surely resonate from the 2014 sub. Jurgy. That was the GOAT (US edition) that you left off the team entirely for Wondo/Green.

Man have we regressed from this 2011 friendly with Argentina.

I get it wasn't a major tournament but man we looked awful tonight and pathetic against a press.

Actually each clip of our 2011 game against Argentina looks about the same. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.