UVA Major Upgrades to Broadcast Video Capabilities | Syracusefan.com

UVA Major Upgrades to Broadcast Video Capabilities

A little disappointed we haven't heard an announcement from Syracuse like this one yet. Is it being tied to the Dome renovation announcement?

Right now, I believe no ACC Olympic sports contests being played at Syracuse are being shown on the ACC Networh Extra. I hope this at least changes by September...

Speaking of a Dome renovation announcement ......

A little disappointed we haven't heard an announcement from Syracuse like this one yet. Is it being tied to the Dome renovation announcement?

Right now, I believe no ACC Olympic sports contests being played at Syracuse are being shown on the ACC Networh Extra. I hope this at least changes by September...
Most of the conferences Olympic Sports were shown on the ACC Network Extra. I was able to watch quite a few of the Syracuse MSOC, FH and VB games. Unfortunately SUs were covered by TW and cringe worthy in their production value. Currently the WBB games are on ACCNX. The only saving grace of that coverage is that Brian Higgins is making the calls.

I believe that I saw at least one Syracuse soccer game broadcast from Manley this year. It may have been an ESPN3 production, however.

One would expect all ACC schools to provide ACC Network Extra facilities. A chance for students to be involved with all aspects of a program's production.

I believe that I saw at least one Syracuse soccer game broadcast from Manley this year. It may have been an ESPN3 production, however.

One would expect all ACC schools to provide ACC Network Extra facilities. A chance for students to be involved with all aspects of a program's production.
There was a thread listing all the ACC games being televised on ACC Network Extra a few months ago. Quite sure there were no games at a Syracuse venue. Meanwhile, many ACC schools are hosting dozens of televised events on their campuses.

Syracuse has to participate. Check out the obligations the ACC has and how they rachet up with each passing year. It is surprising and disappointing how behind Syracuse is in this area compared to other ACC schools. Hope this gets addressed soon. It has to provide dramatically more opportunities for students to gain experience in broadcasting live sports events...

There was a thread listing all the ACC games being televised on ACC Network Extra a few months ago. Quite sure there were no games at a Syracuse venue. Meanwhile, many ACC schools are hosting dozens of televised events on their campuses.

Syracuse has to participate. Check out the obligations the ACC has and how they rachet up with each passing year. It is surprising and disappointing how behind Syracuse is in this area compared to other ACC schools. Hope this gets addressed soon. It has to provide dramatically more opportunities for students to gain experience in broadcasting live sports events...
It's a great point, Tom ... perfect for 'Cuse Council IMO.

That thread was based on SU events that were shown by WatchESPN in their list of upcoming events. The check was made when the ACC Network Extra first came online. Perhaps there were issues in the process of listing collection/compilation. People likely assumed that the listing was 100% accurate and jumped to conclusions. I know for a fact that I saw one or two home soccer games using my AppleTV.

According to Cuse.com, here is a list of Syracuse University home sporting events that were shown on WatchESPN/ACC Network Extra*:

Men's Soccer
8/26 UMass
9/1 Colgate
9/4 St. John's
9/13 Hofstra
9/30 UNC
10/14 VPI
10/28 Wake Forest
11/2 Pitt

Women's Soccer
8/26 Army
9/1 Bucknell
9/15 Buffalo
10/6 VPI
10/16 Pitt
10/23 UNC

Field Hockey
9/11 Stanford
9/25 Penn
9/30 Louisville
10/7 Duke
10/30 Indiana

Volleyball
9/23 BCU
10/9 Louisville

* perhaps I missed a couple

Ohhhhhhh, I get it now. What you've already got isn't enough. You guys want every announcer of every game broadcast anywhere in the world to be from SU. :cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom