UVA Players in the Portal | Syracusefan.com

UVA Players in the Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

phil77

Hall of Fame
Where is the best place to see a list of all the UVA offensive players that are in the portal and any unsigned players on offense our two new guys were targeting. I know they got a QB signed at UVA that Beck was recruiting but what else do they have out there you guys think we might be looking at?

https://virginia./news/taylor-among-hoos-hoping-to-make-informed-decision-on-future

Center Olu Oluwatimi, a finalist for this year’s Rimington Trophy, has been linked to Michigan. Left tackle Bobby Haskins, who won’t play in the bowl game following recent surgery, has been connected to USC.

Five other players on the team-issued two-deep for the bowl game are currently in the portal, including three additional starters—Joe Bissinger at left guard, Ryan Swoboda at right tackle and Aaron Faumui at defensive end.

Last edited:
I would have to think we would be interested in anyone on their two deep.
I have been looking for a list but haven't found one but there may be one on one of the pay service sites. Now that more coaches are leaving the number in the portal will probably increase.

I have been looking for a list but haven't found one but there may be one on one of the pay service sites. Now that more coaches are leaving the number in the portal will probably increase.

You are awesome. I figure once this is official might see a rush of new offers on the offensive side of the ball.

OFFENSE​

Ira Armstead, QB, Redshirt Freshman – Transferring to Eastern Illinois

freestar
Jacob Rodriguez, QB, True Freshman – Will not return to Virginia

Jaylon Baker, WR/DB, Redshirt Junior

Jesiah Davis, WR, True Freshman

Ugo Obasi, WR, Junior

Joshua Rawlings, TE, Redshirt Freshman – Has reportedly withdrawn from the transfer portal, will stay at UVA

Kariem Al Soufi, OG, Redshirt Sophomore

Joe Bissinger, OG, Redshirt Junior

Bobby Haskins, OL, Senior*
12/9 Update: According to 247 Sports, Haskins has scheduled a visit to Southern Cal.

freestar
12/24 Update: Haskins had surgery on an undisclosed injury and will not play in the Fenway Bowl.

Olusegun Oluwatimi, C, Senior*
12/13 Update: Oluwatimi plans to either return to UVA or attend another college next season. He will not enter the 2022 NFL Draft. He told reporters he has taken a recruiting visit to Michigan since the regular season ended.

Ryan Swoboda, OT, Senior*

DEFENSE​

Aaron Faumui, DL, Junior

Nusi Malani, DL, Sophomore

Olasunkonmi Ogunloye, DL, Redshirt Freshman – Has withdrawn from the portal, intends to stay at UVA.

Jordan Redmond, DL, Redshirt Junior – Will not return to Virginia.

Noah Taylor, LB, Senior*

freestar
Tenyeh Dixon, DB, Redshirt Freshman

Joseph White, DB, Redshirt Junior

If I remember correctly Jacob Rodriguez was a 3 star prospect

Right out of the gate I would think we at least get conversations with a few guys on the list above the coaches would like.

So the interesting decision for Armstrong. Stay but in a new system, transfer to new school with possibility of playing in same system and OC/QB coaches or completely new school other than Syracuse or look at draft. Gotta believe Armstrong initially goes portal just for options and then goes from there. Cannot imagine there has been much if any discussion with Elliot given focus on bowl preparation. Fun times ahead whether Armstrong considers us or not is my thinking.

I would think getting one or two linemen and a couple receivers would help with scheme integration. So would presume we get a couple pieces from UVA, question is just who?

If I remember correctly Jacob Rodriguez was a 3 star prospect
My concern is he is another of those typical more run than pass “athlete types”. I feel like we have that box checked already

OG from Hawaii, we like those guys ;)

Looks like UVA is going to pull away from us in the Portal Cup standings.

But we can still ‘win’ by maybe landing a few of their players who are moving on?

And we totally win by virtue of getting Anae & Beck.

So, lessee - that’s a
Win-Win-WIN-WIN!!!!

Cuse hasn’t won so bigly over UVA since Mali’s Gone Mad. :cool:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics