UVA Players in the Portal | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

UVA Players in the Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Coach Anae just turned 63. His new HC is younger than he is. His last good chance to get a HC job should have been the UVa job and I don't think he was even seriously considered.

So yes, at this point, I would guess he probably has given up on becoming a HC and is intent on making as much money as possible before he retires. I believe he made over $600K at UVa and I believe he likely got a nice raise to come to Syracuse. I am guessing he got at least a 2 year contract to come here.

So he is setting himself up really well for retirement.

Back to the subject of the thread. I think Coach Anae has established himself and his program as a place you want to go if you are a TE who wants to catch passes and get noticed by the NFL.

The last 2 seasons, UVa was able to land one of the best TE transfers on the market, and that transfer was able to put up impressive enough numbers to get on an NFL team.

Tony Poljan transferred into UVa after graduating from Central Michigan in 2019. Finished 7th in the nation in TE receptions (28) and TD touchdowns (6) in his one season with the Cavs. He is playing in the NFL now.

In 2021, UVa brought in Jelani Woods as a transfer from Oklahoma State. Played there 3 years and ended up with 31 catches, 351 yards and 4 TD receiving for his career there. At UVa, he finished 1st team All ACC with had 44 receptionsm with 508 yards and 8 TDs receiving.

He is a lock to get drafted and play in the NFL next season.

Both were 6'7 265.

The impressive thing to me is that both came in from other programs, where they didn't do much and played at a high level from day one. Anae has also coached at least 2 tight ends at BYU who became All Americans.

He has a well deserved reputation as a TE guru and I like our chances of getting one of the best transfer TEs available. He is going to help us recruit TEs from HS too.

If Lafayette TE transfer Steven Stilianos does some research, he will want to come here. I hope he checks things out, and others do as well.

For a team who has seemed to have TEs fleeing every season, this is welcome news.

All I'm saying is you've posted a whole string of comments about what a jerk our new OC is. Must've said it 10 times now, right? We get it. Now, maybe you could show a little class.

I think that people deserve to be able to make their own First Impression without you coloring it with these endless nasty remarks before he's even had one practice with the team.
Didn't you and I already have a discussion about this. Knock it off.

I'll say it one last time. I'm sure your point is view, and that of your source, is impeccable. Of course, it is only one person's opinion.

I begin to question your motives, or those of your sources, when you persist so adamantly in this conversation. This is a public board. Recruits and their families are known to frequent this board.

Would you treat a new recruit to this level of vitriol? Why are you doing it with a new coach, as he moves to a new city to start a new job? I mean, OK, WE GET IT. But when is enough for you? FFS. Give it a rest.
Can I respond, or should I not? Apparently responding to a person's post clarifying MY statements on the matter is too much to handle.

I'm not sure what you consider "vitriol". I don't know the guy, but I know a source who has heard from, oh a dozen people within the athletics program at UVA that Anae was not well-liked at every level of the university. Not just ONE person's opinion.

And again, I'm ALL FOR the hire and have been from the beginning. I think he and Beck are exactly what SU needs. He seems like a top-notch OC who is a great X's & O's guy. But heaven forbid someone brings up something from a source that goes against the orange-colored mania on this board.

And holy mackerel, I have NOT brought it up time and again in this thread. What I've said has been responded to, first with incredulity (OiB), then from multiple people who misconstrued what I was saying, and THEN from you, who is throwing a hissy fit over me responding to people individually in a thread to try and clarify my statements.

And yeah, if I heard from multiple people within an athletic program that a recruit was a giant doofus, I might bring it up here. Probably not though, because the recruit is a KID and Robert Anae is a GROWN MAN.

Stop responding to me and I'll stop responding to you, as I have done throughout this thread when I feel an individual conversation is finished and there is understanding on both sides. For some reason though, I don't think you'll get what I'm saying regardless. So let me spell it out one more time:

I AM ALL FOR THE HIRE OF ROBERT ANAE AND HAVE BEEN SINCE THE BEGINNING. I ALSO KNOW HE HAS SOME BAGGAGE WHICH I DISCUSSED. IT DOES NOT MEAN I DON'T THINK HE IS A GOOD HIRE, I JUST THOUGHT I'D INFORM SU FANS WHO ARE AS PASSIONATE AS ME ABOUT SOMETHING I HEARD FROM A TRUSTED SOURCE. I WILL NEVER BESMIRCH THE GOD KING ANAE'S HOLY NAME AGAIN.

Is that clear enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors