Vermont Game... | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Vermont Game...

good win, porter was excellent, offense dominant

RUTGERS going to be a big test they put up 22 goals today

I was hoping for an 8 goal win, but I'll take it. The team has some things to work on.

Orange did not bring the same energy they did to this game as they did to the UVA game but did enough to win. Offense was fantastic, Rhefuss another great game. Ball movement was good and shooting was spot on. Hiltz is very much the real deal. Porter stood on his head, he makes it look like he’s playing catch out there sometimes.

Defense on the whole left a lot to be desired, some of the worst ground ball played I’ve seen in a long time and they gave up around 50 shots. That’s just not going to get it done most games. Not sure what happened at the face off x. Unfortunately, when Phaup is off it’s really not pretty. Disappointed in the wings, thought they could have played much better. Biggest takeaway though is groundballs, groundballs, groundballs.

Orange did not bring the same energy they did to this game as they did to the UVA game but did enough to win. Offense was fantastic, Rhefuss another great game. Ball movement was good and shooting was spot on. Hiltz is very much the real deal. Porter stood on his head, he makes it look like he’s playing catch out there sometimes.

Defense on the whole left a lot to be desired, some of the worst ground ball played I’ve seen in a long time and they gave up around 50 shots. That’s just not going to get it done most games. Not sure what happened at the face off x. Unfortunately, when Phaup is off it’s really not pretty. Disappointed in the wings, thought they could have played much better. Biggest takeaway though is groundballs, groundballs, groundballs.

Agreed on GBs, way to many times Drake would make a save or the ba would get loose and SU missed multiple opportunities to scoop it. We have to be a lot better there. Hopefully Clary is OK because Barlow on the wings is not a long term solution. He is way to slow, we have to get some speed out there. No idea why we didn't see Savage or one of the other 3 fogos, Garlow got some recent mention why not give him a draw or 2. Shocked Savage didn't get a look.

Overshadowed by the poor X play, the Defense again struggled. Vermont got way way to many open looks and SU again struggled to cover inverts and picks. I thought Wykoff was really good again but Drake really bailed us out.

Fyi, listening to the post-game on WAER, they are killing SUs defensive play right now.

Stony Brook is next. Don't appear to have a strong defense or goalie but they have some good shooters - Pallonetti and Haun. Sure we hope we show up and play much better next Friday!
Positives today were Rehfuss, Hiltz (huge addition for us), Scanlan and Porter. Generally, you don't want your goalie being a highlight - says something about the overall performance ;)

Stony Brook is next. Don't appear to have a strong defense or goalie but they have some good shooters - Pallonetti and Haun. Sure we hope we show up and play much better next Friday!
Positives today were Rehfuss, Hiltz (huge addition for us), Scanlan and Porter. Generally, you don't want your goalie being a highlight - says something about the overall performance ;)
I watched Stony Brook vs Hof and Pallonetti is a smart shooter and has a cannon! Definitely their guy on offence! He’s. A transfer from Maryland and an ex team mate of Aviles

Scanlan with a super dumb penalty to blow an advantage. Damn.
Sometimes u need to take one of those let them know cheap shot wont be tolerated. Sometimes I read the hate and and criticism and wonder What kind of fan are you. Got beat by army the sky is falling. Go back and read all the hate that is spewed some of u dont even belong on this. U should go make a hate page and rant rant about nothing. U dont and can never understand the true meaning of this game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom