Wait, Draft Day is a real movie? | Syracusefan.com

Wait, Draft Day is a real movie?

I keep seeing commercials for this during the tournament. I thought is was a spoof promoting the actual NFL Draft.

This is a real movie..?

LOL. It does sort of seem like a parody of a bad sports movie trailer. I only know it is real because I heard Jennifer Garner doing media for it in the Super Bowl run-up.

The plot summary makes no sense.

The general manager of the Cleveland Browns must fight to land the number 1 draft pick after a thirteen-year unlucky streak. Can Sonny Weaver, Jr. turn that around, or will he just drive the team into a deeper hole?

It looks good, who knows the way the Browns are going Costner could be their next gm.

They were shooting footage last year during the actual NFL draft.

Looks like a giant steaming pile of dog crap. Shockingly good cast.

I knew it was a thing because some of the local cleveland radio guys were in the movie, and so were chatting about it a couple of months ago.

They were shooting footage last year during the actual NFL draft.

I remember when they were making that Fever Pitch movie with Jimmy Fallon and they filmed footage of him and Drew Barrymore on the field after the Sox clinched the 2004 WS in St. Louis.

Chances are the plot will be weak, and no one in the cast will need to clear their schedule on Academy awards night...that said, I knew I had succeeded as a Dad when the commercial came on, and my 12 year old son looked at me and said "Dad, we have GOT to see that the day it comes out".

That's when I teared up and realized I had raised another generation of sports freak :)

It was actually supposed to be about the Bills originally, not the Browns. Kinda glad it didn't end up being the Bills though. Looks like a pretty bad movie.

the best football movie was any given sunday. the only problem was it didnt have nfl sanction so the used made up teams with really bad color uniforms. if they had nfl approval, it would have been untouchable

Chances are the plot will be weak, and no one in the cast will need to clear their schedule on Academy awards night...that said, I knew I had succeeded as a Dad when the commercial came on, and my 12 year old son looked at me and said "Dad, we have GOT to see that the day it comes out".

That's when I teared up and realized I had raised another generation of sports freak :)

I think you are right, this movie was made for the diehard football fans.

the best football movie was any given sunday. the only problem was it didnt have nfl sanction so the used made up teams with really bad color uniforms. if they had nfl approval, it would have been untouchable

As much as I hate Notre Dame, my personal favorite was Rudy.

I really liked Friday Night Lights. Probably the best all-around football movie I've seen.

I'm obviously partial, but I also enjoyed The Express, despite the historical inaccuracies.

And despite how dumb it was, I am a fan of The Waterboy. Don't ask me why, but I find it to be Sandler's best work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom