Waiters to the Heat | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Waiters to the Heat

No matter where he goes, I'm excited to see Dion's game. Not sure why so many posters have/continue to have negative feelings about Dion. I just don't go down that road. I've watched him improve and mature while playing alongside some of the biggest egos in the sport.

How many years in is a player considered a "veteran"?

Follow
Jason Jones

✔@mr_jasonjones

Can confirm Dion Waiters will meet with the Kings in Sacramento this weekend. Looking more and more like the top target of the Kings.

4:15 PM - 1 Jul 2016

Waiters is a restricted free agent, but if Sacramento's interest is as high as it sounds, the offer sheet could be too rich for OKC to match.

Of those six, one is in full rebuild and three are all out dumpster fires.

Soooooo yay?

Philly isn't anywhere close to a dumpster fire.

Philly isn't anywhere close to a dumpster fire.
Agree completely. Not sure Dion is who you want when everyone needs to be commited to getting the front court involved offensively, they could also use an alpha dog scorer so see it both ways re: fit. I think whoever plays 2 in philly needs to be a good spot up shooter since they'll get looks.

From last night - hope he goes to Chicago and not Sac -
9:44 p.m. ET: Sacramento and Chicago are showing interest in Oklahoma City guard Dion Waiters. The four-year veteran who is averaging 12.8 points in his career, will meet with Sacramento this weekend, sources tell ESPN's Chris Broussard.

No matter where he goes, I'm excited to see Dion's game. Not sure why so many posters have/continue to have negative feelings about Dion. I just don't go down that road. I've watched him improve and mature while playing alongside some of the biggest egos in the sport.

How many years in is a player considered a "veteran"?
It seems to me that anyone still playing with the big boys after 4 years is a veteran and a success. I feel good for him and think it's cool that several teams have an interest. He wants the best situation for himself more than we do, financially, athletically, and personally. Best wishes to him no matter what he decides...

Follow
Tim Reynolds

✔@ByTimReynolds

Heat fans, this is certainly worth a read since Miami is on the radar screen (somewhere) for Waiters as well.https://twitter.com/anthonyVslater/status/7515991314585804

9:12 PM - 8 Jul 2016

Meanwhile, Tim Reynolds of the Associated Press adds that the Heat are another team with some interest in Dion Waiters.

Follow
Anthony Slater

✔@anthonyVslater

On the Dion Waiters free agency situation and how it may help indicate the direction of the Thunder franchise:http://newsok.com/article/550885

9:09 PM - 8 Jul 2016

A lot to digest here from Anthony Slater of the Oklahoman.

He lists the Kings and 76ers as two teams with reported interest in Dion Waiters, although it's unclear whether the Thunder would match a reasonable offer for the restricted free agent.

I can't beleave he hasn't signed an offer sheet yet.

I actually can. He's not that good, inconsistent, and has some of the worst on court demeanor I have ever seen. I worry about him becoming a basketball vagabond.

I actually can. He's not that good, inconsistent, and has some of the worst on court demeanor I have ever seen. I worry about him becoming a basketball vagabond.
SoBe every time you post your avatar picture cracks me up! I think I took that picture on my phone off my TV during the Dayton game and posted it on the board.

I completely agree that his on court demeanor is horrendous. I'd be very leary to sign him. He's a so so volume scorer who is an average at best shooter. He doesn't finish that well around the rim, but gets there well and can be an above average distributor if he wanted to be. Also could be a solid defensive player, with dedication and effort. He's really hard to put a value on.

Some of these opinions about Waiters are hilarious. Can tell many don't watch the NBA. Waiters is a very good defender. He has matured every year. His attitude isn't all that bad, no different than most NBA players. Certainly no Timmy D. He's going to get paid, and deservedly so. Not sure why there's so many negative opinions towards him.

He has grown so much since the kid we saw as a freshman. Plus, he has worked his ass off to improve. Hope he ends up in Dallas who seem to be very interested. As a Magic fan, IMO, he's better than Oladipo. I watch as many games as possible when it comes to the Magic, Knicks, and SU players. Hard to believe some of the opinions on Dion.

Luckily he has an agent who will be worrying about getting him at least 12 million a year. I'm sure he would be fine being a vagabond in the NBA. Jamal Crawford has done well for himself moving around.

Think some may be sad that Dion will be in the league for another decade.

Luckily he has an agent who will be worrying about getting him at least 12 million a year. I'm sure he would be fine being a vagabond in the NBA. Jamal Crawford has done well for himself moving around.

Think some may be sad that Dion will be in the league for another decade.

All true except that comparing him to Jamal Crawford (in terms of basketball prowess) would be a huge injustice to Crawford, IMO. How many 6th Man of the Year Awards has he won?!

Some of these opinions about Waiters are hilarious. Can tell many don't watch the NBA. Waiters is a very good defender. He has matured every year. His attitude isn't all that bad, no different than most NBA players. Certainly no Timmy D. He's going to get paid, and deservedly so. Not sure why there's so many negative opinions towards him.

He has grown so much since the kid we saw as a freshman. Plus, he has worked his ass off to improve. Hope he ends up in Dallas who seem to be very interested. As a Magic fan, IMO, he's better than Oladipo. I watch as many games as possible when it comes to the Magic, Knicks, and SU players. Hard to believe some of the opinions on Dion.

I could not disagree more and I watch the NBA quite a bit. Waiters has improved his D sure but he still has a long way to go. You would also be hard pressed to find another player who poses after a horrendous 3-point brick attempt, or pouts/complains to the refs as much as Dion. Dion's basically a role player these days as well so even more dumb the way he acts. Oladipo is better in every facet of the game. That's just a fact. Now Oladipo IS a very good defender. Dion's PER is below 10! Oladipo is probably one of the top 5 speed/athletic guys in the NBA. Now OkC has two of those guys in the backcourt. I think that backcourt could be scary good. It is what it is with Dion.

I'm with you on Dion's improvement. I can't explain the hate. Reminds me of "fans" that continue to perpetuate certain negative narratives about players like Dion, Devendorf, Donte Greene, etc. Ironically, those three are very loyal Cuse guys.

Honestly, I think that the truth is somewhere in the middle with respect to DW. There is ZERO DOUBT that he came into the league as an attitude problem who didn't along well with teammates, sulked when he didn't get the ball, played mostly matador defense, etc.

But I think he is maturing, and this year with OKC was a step in the right direction. Sadly, the untimely death of his brother may have contributed to him getting his shiz together.

While I don't believe that he should be held to the standard of his first two years alone, it remains to be seen whether he'll build on the solid postseason he had in 2016. Here's hoping he can.

All true except that comparing him to Jamal Crawford (in terms of basketball prowess) would be a huge injustice to Crawford, IMO. How many 6th Man of the Year Awards has he won?!

Not comparing them as players. Just the fact that Jamal has been everywhere, and your use of the word vagabond which I believe would be alright with Dion. Though, I think he could possibly find a home.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom