Waiters to the Heat | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Waiters to the Heat

I always thought of Dion as a poor man's Dwyane Wade. I didn't LITERALLY mean contract wise!
Dion always thought of himself as the second coming of Dwyane Wade.

This makes me feel pretty confident about my bet that I made with some of my other Syracuse friends that MCW would make more in his 2nd contract than Dion.

You could have bet Wes and been golden.

So this is truly his make or break year in terms of securing another long term, big $ contract. Is this a player getting bad guidance from an agent or a player having a reputation in the league that has worn thin. Interesting.

So this is truly his make or break year in terms of securing another long term, big $ contract. Is this a player getting bad guidance from an agent or a player having a reputation in the league that has worn thin. Interesting.

This may be make or break in terms of staying in the league beyond 2017.

docsu said:
This may be make or break in terms of staying in the league beyond 2017.
Unless there's a severe off court issue there's no chance dion isn't in the league next year

Even the biggest critic of Dion (im not the biggest, but certainly a critic) has to be SHOCKED by this contract. Iman Shumpert signed a 4 yr 40 mil deal. Wow that must be the worst deal in sports history when comparing it to Dions deal.

Unless there's a severe off court issue there's no chance dion isn't in the league next year

Why not?

I mean his TS is poor, guys defense is questionable, and perhaps the best thing going for him it's that he's only 24. In a offseason where the cap is exploding and bench guys are getting eight figure deals, Dion couldn't muster three mil.

I would say that there is a non zero chance Dion is out of the league after 2017.

There has to be more than oncourt production to this. Maybe the Cleveland and Oklahoma City front offices gave a less than ringing endorsement when asked about Dion? This is leprosy level...

For less than half the money of Oklahoma's qualifying offer of $6.8M. He took a one year deal for $2.9M.

Shaking my head at that one. It's obviously an audition for his next contract, and he feels that playing in Miami, he is going to start and be a go-to guy to replace Wade. But that's quite a risk, leaving almost $4M on the table. He was going to get more shots in OKC this year, too.

Former Syracuse star Dion Waiters signs deal with NBA's Miami Heat

He got a lot less money than I would have thought, its a good spot for him though, good team, and he will get a chance to play.

I think OKC taking his qualifying offer so late in the game hurt Dion's market as well.

I think OKC taking his qualifying offer so late in the game hurt Dion's market as well.

docsu said:
Why not? I mean his TS is poor, guys defense is questionable, and perhaps the best thing going for him it's that he's only 24. In a offseason where the cap is exploding and bench guys are getting eight figure deals, Dion couldn't muster three mil. I would say that there is a non zero chance Dion is out of the league after 2017.
He was basically demanding a starting role. That's what he wanted. He's a 28 mpg guy. He won't go from that to out of the league in a year.

He's just not that good. He's not as explosive as he once was either. Certainly not in Oladipo's league for instance as an athlete these days. Factor in his shooting, PER, possible attitude issues, etc., and it isn't a surprise to me. He played pretty well against DAL but for the majority of the GS and SA series he really didn't as others have pointed out. Who the hell would give him a multi-year or longterm deal, lol?

Too bad. Dion still has time to turn things around, but a one-time 4th overall draft pick gets relative chump change. while an undrafted player, Dellavedova, who was below Dion on the depth chart two seasons ago in Cleveland gets $38 mill for 4 years.

Too bad. Dion still has time to turn things around, but a one-time 4th overall draft pick gets relative chump change. while an undrafted player, Dellavedova, who was below Dion on the depth chart two seasons ago in Cleveland gets $38 mill for 4 years.

idiotic. "delly" is a joke.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom