We are really, really bad. | Syracusefan.com

We are really, really bad.

No leaders!!! That pathetic 5 minute plus stretch where we didn't score really emphasized that. As Bilas eluded to, it wasn't like we were getting great looks and the shots weren't falling, we struggled to get a decent shot off. This loss is about as bad as one that I can remember considering the circumstances that this UConn team was up against.

IMO we have grossly over-rated the talent of many of these players.
Maybe, but not enough to lose 3 in a row, while looking offensively inept with a preseason Wooden Award candidate, top flight 5th year transfer and highly rated guard out of HS.

If anyone wants to complain about FH. He's a 6'6 pg and that's apparently more important than actually being able to be a pg.

I think it's time for a new coach.

Lack of half court offense baffles me.
We finally have guys capable of shooting. We don't need to have our 2G run around with his head cut off in order to take a shot. We even have DC who's knocking down 12 footers and still we don't have an offense. We can't coach up 7'2" guy in a year and a half. What the hell is going on?

Last edited:
We finally have guys capable of shooting. We don't need to have our 2G run around with his head cut off in order to take a shot. We even have DC who s knocking down 12 footers and still we don't have an offense. We can't coach up 7'2" guy in a year and a half. What the hell is going on?
Exactly.

Add in the recruiting hiccups and it's a problem.

I just don't see what others see in Frank.

His vision. I never expected him to score double figures. His role will be to get the ball to others. He had 13 assists last game. Today he had some takes to the hoop but didn't finish. He's been sporadic like the entire team. This kid is tailor made to throw lobs baseline but we don't run any sets that screen for our forwards on the backside. Do I our coaches have white boards?

He's 6'6" and moves smooth. Unfortunately it may be all hat and no cattle.

The thing is, we see it all the time. Every player that commits to this team is a god. The worst thing that happened to Franklin Howard was Kaleb Joseph. All Frank did was go into the game to spell G and not trip over a banana peel and next thing you know he's better than MCW (yes, I read that).

Same with Lydon, Lydon is an excellent player, but he was a above average rotational player last year, that's it. He was maybe the 4th or 5th best player on the team last year?

Just wait until before next season when we hear about Moyer being the best.

I think there is loads of talent on this team. They're just all playing horribly. There's a difference. Talented teams lose when they don't play well.
Team has plenty of talent. Agree. Coaching

His vision. I never expected him to score double figures. His role will be to get the ball to others. He had 13 assists last game. Today he had some takes to the hoop but didn't finish. He's been sporadic like the entire team. This kid is tailor made to throw lobs baseline but we don't run any sets that screen for our forwards on the backside. Do I our coaches have white boards?

He hasn't been successful with lobs as of yet, they always seem to hit defenders in the chest.

Any point guard can get the ball to players, but getting the ball to a player in the right spot is important. Frank drives out of control, makes a fancy dish to a player that literally can do nothing but pass the ball to someone else and then we reset up top with now only 10-8 seconds left which then White chucks it or Howard drives again and misses.

Might be the worst team in 50 years. This team is a joke and if this is the best that JB can cobble together, then maybe we need to look outside the Syracuse family.

UConn is terrible. We're worse. It isn't like we lost to a team playing great. We went 9 minutes without a point and lost by 2. Just a pathetic effort. And if you've been following me on this board, the fact that I'm this negative shows how bad things are.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom