We scored 62 points | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

We scored 62 points

Only 76, not 77.;)

We score 61 with a QB who was a 4th string walk-on two years ago. (No dis to Zack, who played a fantastic game!). We lose by two scores and beat the spread. Most people (be honest!) saw this as a 42-10 rout.

Man, just look at the attention this game is gonna get!

Its getting attention, negative attention.

Losing 21-6 doesn't get you laughed at by the college football world.

You know what gets you laughed at? Losing. Simple as that, either way.

I was at the game, and saw the sieve of a defense first hand. IMO it was much more exciting than a 21-6 game, but still a loss.

Last edited:
I think back that we dropped a pick 6 and they got one.. flip those 2 plays and we win by 7.

In two years this game will be looked back at as an indicator of the program's turnaround. The defense will improve. The Babers system is a monster.
I think we actually averaged fewer ppg than last year. Just sayin

I think we actually averaged fewer ppg than last year. Just sayin

Eh. The Clemson shutout when Dungey got hurt early skews things. We were hanging with ND and Louisville for awhile by moving the ball and scoring.

Without the kick return and pick 6 it's a tie game
The game included those 2 plays. You can't pick and choose what to include in your analysis.
If we scored 2 more times with 2 point conversion we would have won. Yeah......

Lol where? Link me. I've seen nothing but praise and awe at this game so far.

Any attention is good attention. Did we not just learn this in our elections?
And I think it is positive anyways. Our name is on the news. Players see that Babers likes to score.
If I am the defensive guy I want to come to this school to help balance that incredible offense.
If I'm an offensive player I want to be part of this action.

Eh. The Clemson shutout when Dungey got hurt early skews things. We were hanging with ND and Louisville for awhile by moving the ball and scoring.
I think the real issue is that we gained a lot of yards, but didn't score many points. Nothing to be gained by fooling ourselves. We couldn't run the ball at all and one-trick ponies don't win at this level. We have a ways to go, maybe another two years before we can compete consistently.

The game included those 2 plays. You can't pick and choose what to include in your analysis.
If we scored 2 more times with 2 point conversion we would have won. Yeah...

Just sayin as bad as the D was they didn't give up 76. They gave up the same as Narduzzi' vaunted steel curtain.

Losing 21-6 doesn't get you laughed at by the college football world.

Yeesh, is the "college football world" really laughing?

Talk about missing the lede.

An offense that struggled getting to 30 all year dropped 60+ on a good team on the road with the 2nd string QB and no line and finally ran the ball.

That's the story.

Yeesh, is the "college football world" really laughing?

Talk about missing the lede.

An offense that struggled getting to 30 all year dropped 60+ on a good team on the road with the 2nd string QB and no line and finally ran the ball.

That's the story.
You will never be a sports editor. The lead is that a team scored 61 pts and lost by 13. Everything rolls in after that.

What was the statement that I was responding to and did I say that it was a good thing?
You certainly implied that because we scored 61pts, giving up 74 pts wasn't all that bad. I don't think we are a laughing stock as was suggested in that thread but I sure don't look upon today as good for the program. I already knew that Dino's system works at our level. Come to think of it, I already knew that Dino's system on defense doesn't work at this level.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom