We scored 62 points | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

We scored 62 points

You certainly implied that because we scored 61pts, giving up 74 pts wasn't all that bad. I don't think we are a laughing stock as was suggested in that thread but I sure don't look upon today as good for the program. I already knew that Dino's system works at our level. Come to think of it, I already knew that Dino's system on defense doesn't work at this level.

So we got you down as agreeing that today was a new low point for the program, got it.

Uh, it's the most important part if you are an SU fan. That's the actual news.

The defense being a disaster is nothing new.
I just can't see the bright light that you can. And I love the fact that at least we are entertaining now. But the object is still to win the game.

So we got you down as agreeing that today was a new low point for the program, got it.
lol reading comp. I don't think i said that. And sadly, I think you already knew I said otherwise. Just a smart @ss remark.

Okay, let's see if I can have the same fun. So you are saying that this is a great day , a new high, for the program. Got it.

lol reading comp. I don't think i said that. And sadly, I think you already knew I said otherwise. Just a smart @ss remark.

If your taking so much issue with my statement of "no, it wasn't" then it certainty would lead one to believe you agreed with the original statement that it was a new low in the program, otherwise, what's your point.

Or maybe you just don't know how to read a thread. what was it, oh yeah, lol reading comp.

If your taking so much issue with my statement of "no, it wasn't" then it certainty would lead one to believe you agreed with the original statement that it was a new low in the program, otherwise, what's your point.

Or maybe you just don't know how to read a thread. what was it, oh yeah, lol reading comp.
What was one of the the very things I said in that post? That we are not a laughingstock. Reading comp. Not your strength.

Losing by 2 TD's is losing by 2 TD's is losing by 2 TD's.

Unless you lose by 3 TDs.

Jeezus! Went to their house and lost a rock fight by a coupla scores! Bfd! Who saw that coming?

Okay, let's see if I can have the same fun. So you are saying that this is a great day , a new high, for the program. Got it.

No, I'll try to keep it simple so you can follow a long.

The original statement, "It's a new low in the program"

My reply, "No, it isn't"

In what shape, manner, or form, was I claiming it was a great day.

No, I'll try to keep it simple so you can follow a long.

The original statement, "It's a new low in the program"

My reply, "No, it isn't"

In what shape, manner, or form, was I claiming it was a great day.
In the same form that I said it was a new low point for our program. Simple enough for you?

Any attention is good attention. Did we not just learn this in our elections?
And I think it is positive anyways. Our name is on the news. Players see that Babers likes to score.
If I am the defensive guy I want to come to this school to help balance that incredible offense.
If I'm an offensive player I want to be part of this action.
I agree if I play offense I WANT IN on this program and if I'm a defensive recruit I see an chance to play from day 1.

This game and season was Frustrating at times but over all people are talking about Cuse football again and recruits are very interested in what's going on in the Dome. Looking forward to closing out this class and next season.

I agree if I play offense I WANT IN on this program and if I'm a defensive recruit I see an chance to play from day 1.

This game and season was Frustrating at times but over all people are talking about Cuse football again and recruits are very interested in what's going on in the Dome. Looking forward to closing out this class and next season.
Let's see how we finish this recruiting class. I do think that if I was a 5th year guy at a lower level school, I would give us a serious look.

Lol where? Link me. I've seen nothing but praise and awe at this game so far.

I haven't even read any news articles, just watch the halftime shows today, its embarrassing.

But it bores to tears anybody that's watching.

Bring on the shootouts!

I am all for shootouts every now and then, but when your team gives up 76 points, its embarrassing.

I think the real issue is that we gained a lot of yards, but didn't score many points. Nothing to be gained by fooling ourselves. We couldn't run the ball at all and one-trick ponies don't win at this level. We have a ways to go, maybe another two years before we can compete consistently.
I think we'll be better next year. Maybe 6-6 and a better running game seem like realistic goals.

If your gauge the state of the football program is how personally you take a highlight, you might want to reconsider a few things.

I don't really need to consider anything, I still believe Dino is the guy, but I am personally embarrassed by giving up 76 points, I guarantee you the coaching staff and players are as well.

And we lost by 15, just awesome, This is a new low for this program.
I generally agree with you but not about this one. Heck, I saw the score and thought for sure it was a misprint and they substituted the B-Ball one by mistake!

Giving up 17 points isn't embarrassing, giving up 77 is, maybe I am more of the defensive guy.
Only when you SCORE 17 or fewer. Not 61. Especially with not just a back up QB but if I'm not mistaken a former WALK ON?

We scored 62 with a backup juco walk-on... get the D square and we're square...
Really this program has a way with the most unlikely QBs. Like what's his name, the Dook B-Ball player who transferred here for grad school and switched to FB because he had no B-Ball eligibility? I subconsciously block his name, I think of him as The Flopper or Mr Floppy Bunny Ears or whatnot, but DAMNED if he hardly EVER flopped on the gridiron; he might have made the NFL with one more year as our QB.

There's an athlete for you. When he plays fair, that is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom