We win the ACC tournament | Syracusefan.com

We win the ACC tournament

We don't have a disqualifying number of losses I think if we win the next two and make the ACCT Final we should have a 50% shot of being sent to Dayton.

We don't have a disqualifying number of losses I think if we win the next two and make the ACCT Final we should have a 50% shot of being sent to Dayton.
Yep this is what we need. Win the next 2 and get to Saturday

1583081345824.png

can I have some of what you're smoking

It's my opinion that whoever at this point doesn't honestly believe that we have to win the ACC tournament to dance, might as well believe too that come April, as our president spewed on Thursday, there's a chance "like a miracle" that the coronavirus will disappear. ;)

Are we hiring the officiating crew that Clemson hired yesterday? Only chance I see us having.

Have had this thought for months now. Just feel it in my gut. Not sure how they do it, but it can be done. Gotta figure that 2 of the 3 shooters are hot every game. Then Marek, and Sidibe stay out of foul trouble, while doing enough for us down low to not get pounded on the glass. With some help from QG. Hughes can put us on his back, and throw in a little Girard magic a la GMac to shock the ACC world. Maybe get a path with Virginia, FSU, and then a surprise team in the Championship. Or just bring on Louisville for all the marbles. I think we can beat them.

It’s not un-possible.
There are no really good teams anywhere in the country, let alone in the acc. Any of the top teams in our league can be beaten by any of the bottoms.

Is it time to channel our 2005-06 energy? That Big East championship run was bonkers, huge compensation for the rest of that season.
They are replaying the 06 bet Cincy game next Monday. But I just don't see this team making any type of run. Last night was the final nail.

NC State lost to UNC twice, Wake Forest once. That three bad losses, yet their Duke win still has them in? Not saying we are close to getting in, but I have to think if we beat some big boys in the ACCT we have to garner a look even if we don’t win the tournament.

Are we hiring the officiating crew that Clemson hired yesterday? Only chance I see us having.
The “blue blood” treatment for sure. FSU is not a “blueblood” yet.

I doubt SU wins both of their final two games. I said two weeks ago that history says we finish 10-10. I think that’s more likely than 11-9. Despite scoring 79 points yesterday, our offense is a mess. There’s no purposeful movement and it’s almost all isolation. I don’t see anyone giving themselves up to get a teammate open. When was the last time Buddy or Eli set screens for a teammate? The old saying is the guy that sets the screen is more likely to get open.

NC State lost to UNC twice, Wake Forest once. That three bad losses, yet their Duke win still has them in? Not saying we are close to getting in, but I have to think if we beat some big boys in the ACCT we have to garner a look even if we don’t win the tournament.
We are going to need to beat 2 of the big boys. We have one good win all year and some bad losses.

The “blue blood” treatment for sure. FSU is not a “blueblood” yet.
we got that treatment at pitt, hire those guys for every remaining game, lol.

We are going to need to beat 2 of the big boys. We have one good win all year and some bad losses.
Agree, I just think wins against UVA or Duke/FSU will help us garner some talk. I don’t think it has to be Duke/FSU/Louisville as some suggest.

Agree, I just think wins against UVA or Duke/FSU will help us garner some talk. I don’t think it has to be Duke/FSU/Louisville as some suggest.
I should also add that if we do get to the championship game and we win our last two on the road, that would be 9 wins in the ACC away from home. No other team would be close to that number. That is impressive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom