Week 9 ACC/FBS Games for Oct 24-28 | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Week 9 ACC/FBS Games for Oct 24-28

I don't know if Kansas upsetting OU and putting together successful seasons under Leipold gives me hope or more misery.

Kansas’s success definitely inspires hope.

LL probably moving on to greener pastures in the near future is the miserable reminder that a lot of the best HC’s don’t necessarily want to stay in the same place for the rest of their career.

maybe we should try and get him
Watched a bunch of Holy Cross vs Fordham. I didn't realize Holy Cross was 4-3 (now 5-3 with win) and ranked in the 20's. Fordham was about similar ranked just outside the top 25. Holy Cross won in a shootout 49-47 without their starting QB. Don't let the record fool you they lost 31-28 to BC, 38-28 to 1 loss and ranked Harvard, and 38-35 to 1 loss and ranked Lafayette. Interesting to see how they do vs Army later this year. They use a clear dual-threat QB who leads the team in rushing as well. They can really put points on the board which is a plus. Chesney is someone i think we can get if we want. I would take some swings at some bigger names, but he would be a good fall back option.
Last year HC was the 8 seed in the FCS and lost to the eventual national champion in a competitive game.
The starting qb ran for 330 last week.

Pitt has recruited big for the last 3 years, they got some talent.

If Pitt has talent, little of it has shined this year and none is evident today.

As I said prior to VT, I had confidence Syracuse would go 4-1 or 5-0 because the remaining teams are all dog crap. I didn’t fully accept we are also dog crap until about halftime of the VT game, so my prediction was flawed - but that doesn’t change the fact that the teams remaining on our schedule are all dumpster fires.

I know they have a loss, but I honestly think Oregon could be the best team in the country. They had Washington on the ropes and could have won that game so easily.

Miami just got away with about 15 holds on that play

Yep. Pitt stinks, Wake stinks, Ga Tech got destroyed at home by Bowling Green and BC has nail biter wins against Army, Holy Cross, UVA and U Conn plus a loss against NIU and yet we all expect 4-8. Not once has a Dino team rebounded when we have had a losing streak at this time of year, and it has happened a ton of times. Why should we expect anything else unfortunately

My fear is we’ll find a way to win 3 out of four and that will give the school enough of a plausible reason to stick with Dino for one more year that they opt to go that way. I doubt I’ll watch any of these games because I know winning them is a guaranteed long term disaster for the program.

That Pitt-Cuse game in NYC is a real turd though; nobody involved can feel like playing in Yankee Stadium was a good idea now

I find it difficult to believe that the only measuring stick that is being used by JW to grade Dino is number of wins.

Mario can't do chit but recruit
At this point I don't know

There has been a lot of coaches whose careers go there to fade

I think it's a cultural issue in the university and program

Kids go there automatically think they are The U instead of being pushed to earn it. It's a mentality. And a lot of them are mentally soft once the chips are down.

I also think a lot of the kids they recruit are overrated by the sites because they are form south Florida

I think now a days a lot of the recruiting sites are lazy and will give the benefit of a doubt in a ranking to kids because of the region their in or the school they play for.

My fear is we’ll find a way to win 3 out of four and that will give the school enough of a plausible reason to stick with Dino for one more year that they opt to go that way. I doubt I’ll watch any of these games because I know winning them is a guaranteed long term disaster for the program.

That Pitt-Cuse game in NYC is a real turd though; nobody involved can feel like playing in Yankee Stadium was a good idea now
Excellent post, definitely a legit worry, though 3-1 for a team and coach that look like they have given up might be a tall task. When the wheels have come off under Dino they stay off

If Cal keeps turning the ball over, they're not getting back in this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom