Welcome, Coach Brown! Now, about that portal... | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Welcome, Coach Brown! Now, about that portal...

We damn well better end up with a couple of portal QBs who can start. Cuz the current QB room is a disaster.
I’m literally shocked Davis can’t play

He wasn’t really given the chance to

He was given an opportunity on one drive and the inexperience showed… I know he has the arm talent.

I never liked Del Rio Wilson

He was given an opportunity on one drive and the inexperience showed… I know he has the arm talent.

Who knows really? Most people here really like Beck. He watched these QBs every day since July. And when CDRW went down he decided to run a modern single wing instead of play anybody else.

And I agree CDRW is terrible. Which doesn't speak well for the guys behind him.

We need QBs. Multiple.

Who knows really? Most people here really like Beck. He watched these QBs every day since July. And when CDRW went down he decided to run a modern single wing instead of play anybody else.

We need QBs. Multiple.
Yep. Davis seems like a good athlete, maybe WR is in his future. Lord knows we need those too.

We need QBs. Multiple.
Look for the portal to be insane this year for SU

A coach tons of kids want to play for

We damn well better end up with a couple of portal QBs who can start. Cuz the current QB room is a disaster.
Worst QB room in YEARS.

I don't even think it can overcome next years butter soft schedule.

New Orleans Pelicans Basketball GIF by NBA

Davis is beyond Raw and was essentially a 4-5th string QB when he left South Carolina. Unlikely he ever takes a meaningful snap at QB here.

Only way we're getting two is if one of them is either coming off an injury, or is blocked by a better QB. But the latter is how we got 2 of the transfer QBs currently on the roster. Available for a reason.

No chance two healthy QBs that were productive last year will come here to compete against each other.

Only way we're getting two is if one of them is either coming off an injury, or is blocked by a better QB. But the latter is how we got 2 of the transfer QBs currently on the roster. Available for a reason.

No chance two healthy QBs that were productive last year will come here to compete against each other.
No but maybe one to be the man

It's why I feel like Gerry Bohanon portaling from USF will be a candidate. He didn't play at all due to a shoulder injury last year, however he was the QB at Baylor that led them to a 12-2 record when Coach Brown was there and Brown was his lead recruiter as well. Him plus another QB would make a ton of sense. Bohanon would be a security blanket though we did have a USF fan stop by here and post we can do much better. Who knows?

It's why I feel like Gerry Bohanon portaling from USF will be a candidate. He didn't play at all due to a shoulder injury last year, however he was the QB at Baylor that led them to a 12-2 record when Coach Brown was there and Brown was his lead recruiter as well. Him plus another QB would make a ton of sense. Bohanon would be a security blanket though we did have a USF fan stop by here and post we can do much better. Who knows?
It all may depend on his “chicken wing”. If is shoulder isn’t fully healed, I think it will be hard to justify a slot. Great call though on finding that information and ties with CB.

Look for the portal to be insane this year for SU

A coach tons of kids want to play for
You better have money to pay them. No one comes for nothing. All these QB’s in the portal are expecting a big pay day.

You better have money to pay them. No one comes for nothing. All these QB’s in the portal are expecting a big pay day.
On Wednesday, Nebraska coach Rhule delivered a public service announcement to reporters as a reminder on how expensive an elite signal-caller can be. “Make no mistake: a good quarterback in the portal costs $1 million to $1.5 million to $2 million right now,” Rhule told reporters

30 day portal window opens Dec 4. There's another 15 day window in the Spring. Players have to officially enter the portal during the window, but can transfer anytime.

Early NLI signing period is Dec 20-22.

Regular NLI signing period is Feb 7 - April 1.
I’m
Please yes pull the scholarships of deadweight players who won't see the field. This is big boy sports and the NIL age and should have banked some complimentary credits to start their college journey.
You keep saying “pull the scholarships.” They cannot do that. Scholarships are now for four years. They can “encourage” them to leave, but they cannot pull their scholarships.
And it would be incredibly unethical to do so. If the players want to graduate from SU, and understand they will never play, MAYBE they could be put on physically unable to play status. Do you really want SU to start doing that kind of behavior?

Yeah, you’re right. One would be huge. Because if we don’t, next season is sunk already.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom