Wes to the Clippers. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Wes to the Clippers.

The two biggest things Cleveland has going for them are Lebron and being in the East. Other than that I still think it's an iffy team, and they gave some of their guys waaaaaay too much money this offseason. I know, today's bad contract is next offseason's bargain, but that team is just built in a really odd fashion.

Although, I do think they may have pulled a slick move convincing JR Smith to opt out.

They were in a tough spot I think; pretty much over the cap before doing anything, so even if they let say Thompson walk, you can't really replace him with cap space (plus the obvious Lebron ties) so they're pretty much forced into overpaying the guy.

The Cavs were great once Lebron came back from his sabbatical, what was their record with Love/Kyrie/Lebron in 2015; it was like 35-3 or something? Something insane like that. Also they are in the east, so it seems exceedingly like they'll be in the finals, but as it stands right now, I think they can go head to head with the best teams in the west.

In the west I see a three team race right now, would have made it 4 if Jordan stayed with the Clippers. The Warriors are pretty young and were historically great last year, they can backslide a little (i'd expect this, everythign went right it seems) and still be awesome. The spurs are the Spurs; I think maybe they could use another wing shooter and it might take a little time to integrate LMA into what they do, but that's small potatoes. They're gonna be awesome. The other team is OKC; when they have Russ/KR/Ibaka healthy they are great.

i cant believe a team wouldnt give him a 2 yr 5 mil or a 3 yr 7 mil deal.

especially when there were numerous contenders after him.
Maybe he wanted a 1-year deal...

Maybe he wanted a 1-year deal...
I think he might have. If there was anywhere he could boost his stock, it's LAC. With CP3 and Blake, all Wes has to do is be a 3 and D guy aka a younger Matt Barnes. He does that and he'll get much more than a 2 yr/5 mil offer next summer.

San Antonio killed it this offseason. Absolutely killed free agency.

And they aren't done yet--they'll make some additional smart [albeit smaller scale] moves to flesh out depth with quality system fits.
Meh.. Getting sick of dudes chasing rings. It used to be admirable when guys would give up less but now it's just annoying to me. Lebron sits on his throne and get Cleveland to form a mini-All Star team around him while he did the same thing in Miami and I'm supposed to view him as the GOAT? Meanwhile SA realizes they can't man up and beat GS so they sign LA (which is awesome, I don't begrudge them at all for that move) but then David West and whatever other rings chasers they can recruit there. C'mon, man up and stop D riding to a Championship.

Meh.. Getting sick of dudes chasing rings. It used to be admirable when guys would give up less but now it's just annoying to me. Lebron sits on his throne and get Cleveland to form a mini-All Star team around him while he did the same thing in Miami and I'm supposed to view him as the GOAT? Meanwhile SA realizes they can't man up and beat GS so they sign LA (which is awesome, I don't begrudge them at all for that move) but then David West and whatever other rings chasers they can recruit there. C'mon, man up and stop D riding to a Championship.
I think you're talking about two different things - "super" team creation and guys opting to take lesser contracts for what they believe is a greater chance to win.

longislandcuse said:
I think he might have. If there was anywhere he could boost his stock, it's LAC. With CP3 and Blake, all Wes has to do is be a 3 and D guy aka a younger Matt Barnes. He does that and he'll get much more than a 2 yr/5 mil offer next summer.
major cap and salary changes next year...

I think you're talking about two different things - "super" team creation and guys opting to take lesser contracts for what they believe is a greater chance to win.

Seriously. Talk about misreading what just occurred in FA.

Seriously. Talk about misreading what just occurred in FA.
I lump them together. Creating super teams also happens by recruiting talented vets who will take less. I'd rather players man up and rep their squads instead of jumping around looking for some coattails to ride.

I lump them together. Creating super teams also happens by recruiting talented vets who will take less. I'd rather players man up and rep their squads instead of jumping around looking for some coattails to ride.
Eh. A lot of times the so-called talented vets that join the super teams on cheaper contracts are out of gas. For every Ray Allen, there's a Z. Ilgauskus, Matrix or Mike Miller's exhumed corpse.

West is still really, really good. Plus, we now know exactly how much he values a chance at a championship. I think it's cool.

I don't know, so basically stay with the team that drafted them no matter what because it suits you better? If they happened to get drafted by a terribly run team or whatever, who cares? just man up.

I don't know, so basically stay with the team that drafted them no matter what because it suits you better? If they happened to get drafted by a terribly run team or whatever, who cares? just man up.

This is why I came around on Lebron after The Decision, and why I think it's BS when people say "Jordan would never leave." Why does LBJ get penalized for getting drafted to a shi t franchise?

I suppose we just need to disagree on this.

The Spurs managed to pull off the rare feat of being contenders [and winning a title] while also masterfully working the cap. That is no easy thing to do. Credit where credit is due for them to have the most cap space in a year where there were a ton of quality free agents. They are now set up for short term AND long term success--which differentiates them from the super teams you are describing. They didn't just slap players together to go all in on making a run or two.

Last edited:
This is why I came around on Lebron after The Decision, and why I think it's BS when people say "Jordan would never leave." Why does LBJ get penalized for getting drafted to a shi t franchise?

because reasons

To an extent. Indiana isn't a bad franchise and he's been there forever. I'd rather he just ride out with them. I don't like how there's no parity in the NBA because of superteams and vets taking less to win 'ships.

To an extent. Indiana isn't a bad franchise and he's been there forever. I'd rather he just ride out with them. I don't like how there's no parity in the NBA because of superteams and vets taking less to win 'ships.

He's been with Indiana for 4 years. It's easy for you to sit here and say that's what you'd prefer him to do. (which is fine, it's just your opinion. Like rf said, prob agree to disagree here)

He's been with Indiana for 4 years. It's easy for you to sit here and say that's what you'd prefer him to do. (which is fine, it's just your opinion. Like rf said, prob agree to disagree here)
Lol, of course it's easy for me to say. That's why I'm posting on a messageboard and not giving professional athletes career advice.

Lol, of course it's easy for me to say. That's why I'm posting on a messageboard and not giving professional athletes career advice.
I love it. Way to own it. This is the most honest post on our message board. Well done.

Don't take career advice from Joe Piscopo.

It looks like DeAndre Jordan is having second doubts. OMG would Mark Cuban go crazy if he reneges on his deal in principle and goes back to the LAC.

I want Jordan to go to LAC for multiple reasons. It makes the West 5 legit deep SA, Golden State, OKC, Memphis, LAC. Dallas has no chance to win anything with Jordan and he gets to play with CP3 only the best PG of this generation. Selfishly as a Celtics we have Dallas 2016 top 7 protected draft pick. No Jordan means Dallas is a fringe playoff team and the C's could go a lottery pick for Rondo in 10-14 range.

I want Jordan to go to LAC for multiple reasons. It makes the West 5 legit deep SA, Golden State, OKC, Memphis, LAC. Dallas has no chance to win anything with Jordan and he gets to play with CP3 only the best PG of this generation. Selfishly as a Celtics we have Dallas 2016 top 7 protected draft pick. No Jordan means Dallas is a fringe playoff team and the C's could go a lottery pick for Rondo in 10-14 range.

The crazy thing is, and i did the same thing with a friend, but you're forgetting the western conference finalist who has 2 of the 10-15 best players int he league.

Clippers are surrounding Jordan at his house until midnight when he can re-sign with them. This is absolute craziness. Dallas fears they won't get to meet with him as the Clippers have essentially blockaded his house.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom