Wes to the Clippers. | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Wes to the Clippers.

Just saw that they also signed Gerald Green. That could be a sneaky good pick up.

You can go through their lineup, and they all have question marks. But Dragic/Wade/Deng/Bosh/Whiteside + Winslow/Green/McBob/Chalmers (assuming no trades to duck the tax, which is possible) has potential

Lebron's game will allow him to be a point forward. He already has lost some explosiveness, but Lebron's post game is a lot better.

Agreed, he will be able to play the point forward role for a long time.

I'm not sure he'll be able to take over games and go for 30 or 40 seemingly at will when needed for too much longer.

His post game has improved(it was nonexistent for awhile), but I wouldn't say it's at the level where it can be his bread and butter yet. Maybe it'll get there in the next few years.

Wes is a good rotation player. I wish he could reach Trevor Ariza or Matt Barnes level. Where he can hit 3's, carry a team for a game or couple game stretch, and be a piece on a good team.
He (and Pierce) actually have Barnes job next year. Barnes/Ariza/Afflalo those UCLA guys fill the same role well for the teams they play for.
Irony is Ariza's (and Corey Brewer's) clutch shooting and D knocked the Clips from the Playoffs.

Meh.. Getting sick of dudes chasing rings. It used to be admirable when guys would give up less but now it's just annoying to me. Lebron sits on his throne and get Cleveland to form a mini-All Star team around him while he did the same thing in Miami and I'm supposed to view him as the GOAT? Meanwhile SA realizes they can't man up and beat GS so they sign LA (which is awesome, I don't begrudge them at all for that move) but then David West and whatever other rings chasers they can recruit there. C'mon, man up and stop D riding to a Championship.
One I remember long time ago was the Big O going the Milwaukee to be Alcindor's point guard. And he got his ring, and earned it, but he had to defer his old game mightily to do so.

Rose, Butler, Dunleavy, Gasol, Noah can beat Cleveland. Gasol missed 2 games in a tight Bulls-Cavs series that had 2 buzzer beaters.
Chicago can play with Cleveland.
Remember also Cle had not Kevin Love and Kyrie wasn't 100 percent. If both teams are at full strength Cle still wins. I'm not a Cavs fan either but would rather see Chi win. I think the finals next year will be Cle vs SA now that SA has reloaded.

Agreed, he will be able to play the point forward role for a long time.

I'm not sure he'll be able to take over games and go for 30 or 40 seemingly at will when needed for too much longer.

His post game has improved(it was nonexistent for awhile), but I wouldn't say it's at the level where it can be his bread and butter yet. Maybe it'll get there in the next few years.

This article is a little out of date, but it's the best I could find. http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/sto...e-scout-stats-efficiency-mvp-nba-championship

Wonder how the numbers tracked this year

Remember also Cle had not Kevin Love and Kyrie wasn't 100 percent. If both teams are at full strength Cle still wins. I'm not a Cavs fan either but would rather see Chi win. I think the finals next year will be Cle vs SA now that SA has reloaded.

Golden State and San Antonio are both projected for 60 wins next year according to 538. Cleveland is projected for 55. Too many people are writing off the champs. Their "big 3" is getting better, not worse.

Golden State and San Antonio are both projected for 60 wins next year according to 538. Cleveland is projected for 55. Too many people are writing off the champs. Their "big 3" is getting better, not worse.

Yeah, I've said this before, but the Warriors probably had one of the 10 best regular seasons of all time last year. They can blackslide a little and still be really awesome.

I noticed they dealt Splitter and re-signed Duncan. Who's their backup big now?

David West. Boris Diaw. They will be soft on rim protection, but they have 2 of the best defensive wings in the league so maybe guys never get to the rim

Plus I know he won't like it, but I bet Aldridge gets some minutes at the 5

David West. Boris Diaw. They will be soft on rim protection, but they have 2 of the best defensive wings in the league so maybe guys never get to the rim
West is a beast. Oh and they signed Aldridge too. I've been spending too much time watching the Tour.

They can throw Aldridge or West in there and go with a little bit of a smaller line-up.

Spurs will likely be in the market for a buyout guy at the trading deadline. They can survive without Splitter as not many teams have dominant post Centers. I could see Memphis being a bad matchup for SA and a team they would like to avoid 2nd round.

Once again, the West will bludgeon and bloody themselves until someone claws in to the finals, and the East is JV.
Except for Brief Interludes by the Celtics and Heat, the East has been JV for most of the last 15 yrs.

Hmm. I'm really surprised Smith left Houston to go to the Clippers unless the rockets weren't able to offer him as much.

Hmm. I'm really surprised Smith left Houston to go to the Clippers unless the rockets weren't able to offer him as much.

Clippers were offering the minimum; but he's still getting paid on his Pistons contract.

Clippers now have two players for teams to play Hack-a-Shaq on. I guess because the Clippers bench was so pathetic this makes a little sense for depth, but J-Smooth is not exactly a good offensively player and could hurt chemistry. If I were Josh Smith's coach I would fine him every time he took a 3 point shot and tell him just be a crash the board and CP3 will gets you lobs type of guy.

Clippers now have two players for teams to play Hack-a-Shaq on. I guess because the Clippers bench was so pathetic this makes a little sense for depth, but J-Smooth is not exactly a good offensively player and could hurt chemistry. If I were Josh Smith's coach I would fine him every time he took a 3 point shot and tell him just be a crash the board and CP3 will gets you lobs type of guy.

The guy is an underrated passer too. If you could somehow have him never shoot a 3 he'd be a useful guy. But i dont think that's going to happen

I suspect Smith will get the vast majority of his minutes at PF, so this shouldn't impact Wes much.

I think he's technically going to be the backup SF, but Stephenson and Josh Smith's versatility will likely both take a couple potential minutes away, and then he's still gotta battle with Dahntay Jones, Jordan Hamilton, and Branden Dawson for PT. The Clippers have quietly gotten some depth this year; serious props to Doc considering how cash-strapped they were.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom