What I expect at this point… | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

What I expect at this point…

Seth Greenberg on the bench is actually a possibility? Please no

He was a head coach for 23 years. He must have learned something in all that time.

We knew people would piss and moan if it was Red or Gerry, but if they win people will forget very shortly.

The facts are unless you get a ringer it's just as likely an outside coach would fail or succeed. And if an outside coach bombed in year one like Kenny Payne has we would want them gone too just like Louisville does.

See, but we made the Kenny Payne mistake, and are apparently also hiring a guy with no previous head coaching experience.

I think Red is a far bigger risk than getting an ACTUAL head coach from another school.

Jake specifically said that Benny and Bell transferring was simply his speculation. We really have no idea who might come back. I gotta believe that if Judah doesn’t turn pro, he will be back playing for Red.

Even if they both come back, we need another forward who is an alpha. Scores, rebounds and actually plays defense.

I see Uconn twitter wishing we go on a magical run and win the ACCT to extend JB, lol

When your adversaries want you to keep the coach, you know its time for a change

Which is also fun to want to see them annoyed when new blood starts hurting them in recruiting.

Too old.

Etan could be awesome. You know he'd enjoy mentoring players and sounds like he's already doing it informally.

Good call! He had great technique, too.

LOL WUT?? Are you even watching the same games as the rest of us??

If anything - Jesse is one of the best Bigs we have EVER had, in terms of NOT bringing the ball down.

(counterpoint - DaJuan Coleman was the undisputed master of the "power dribble... that gets stolen" move)

Jesse came in as a complete and utter project.
Like sooo many other Bigs we've had, who never panned out.

He earned all ACC honors overall, and on D.
And avoided fouling out more often than not.

Griff doesn't get *any* credit for any of that?? :rolleyes:
LOL. I can see this argument is going nowhere. You win. Have a great day.

I see Uconn twitter wishing we go on a magical run and win the ACCT to extend JB, lol

When your adversaries want you to keep the coach, you know its time for a change
I wouldn’t mind uconn keeping Hurley forever, it’ll be fun to watch them never get past the first weekend. I root for them to win 22 games a year, get a 7 seed and get bounced by the 10.

I wouldn’t mind uconn keeping Hurley forever, it’ll be fun to watch them never get past the first weekend. I root for them to win 22 games a year, get a 7 seed and get bounced by the 10.
Agreed. First Id like to get to that level and then beyond hopefully.

I am on board with AA. I think he poaches a young gun assistant from a mid major who is well known for his recruiting ties. Excited to see what he can do.

I blame Kyle Filipowski - we’re talking double bye this week, 3-4 seed in NCAA, 23-24 wins, another sweet 16 run, no bashing JB or Zone, 7ft/6’10/ 7’1 front line - Darn kid killed us lol

See, but we made the Kenny Payne mistake, and are apparently also hiring a guy with no previous head coaching experience.

I think Red is a far bigger risk than getting an ACTUAL head coach from another school.
How can you quantify that comment? Possibly a slower ramp up, but I'm sure Red has been prepping for a long time. It's not like he doesn't know all the people involved. There is a reason that people try to hire from within. It's generally a much smoother transition.

The issue with Benny’s recruitment is that Red was a poor judge of his talent. I’d rather get a 3 star who develops than a 4-5 star who doesn’t.
Being a good Judge of talent has nothing to do with player development.

Being a good Judge of talent has nothing to do with player development.
My point was Red doesn’t deserve much credit for landing Benny. Might want to pick out another recruit who flourished.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom