What is there to get excited about | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

What is there to get excited about

This SU football nightmare needs to stop and it has been going on since the firing of coach P.

The Hebrews sinned at Mt Sinai, and as a result God made them wander in the desert for 40 years until He allowed them to see the Promised Land.

We've got 20 more years of misery and suffering left to go.

I may not get there with you. But I want you to know tonight, that we, as a fanbase, will get to the Promised Land.

Someday.

Hopefully.

tencommandmentscover.0.png

Bowl game qualifying.

That’s it.

Our talent is so far removed from where it needs to be, we’re now just staring at mediocrity at best. Dino, Marrone, whoever.

Our O has sub ACC level talent as a group at TE, OL and WR. QB is maybe there at times.

Defense: sub ACC talent level at DL, DB. LBs we are ok with.

All the arguing about anything post Coach P is stomping out a cigarette in a forest fire. And even P was doing it without proper support.

SU has never supported football in the manner that football drives the bus. And are scrambling now.

We need to hope that Red keeps bball at an elite level.

That may be true, but as a newer fan (third year) I can only speak to my own perspective.
You are a unicorn. And I mean that in the best possible way.

Bowl game qualifying.

That’s it.

Our talent is so far removed from where it needs to be, we’re now just staring at mediocrity at best. Dino, Marrone, whoever.

Our O has sub ACC level talent as a group at TE, OL and WR. QB is maybe there at times.

Defense: sub ACC talent level at DL, DB. LBs we are ok with.

All the arguing about anything post Coach P is stomping out a cigarette in a forest fire. And even P was doing it without proper support.

SU has never supported football in the manner that football drives the bus. And are scrambling now.

We need to hope that Red keeps bball at an elite level.
You mean you hope Red can bring bball back to an elite level. Hoops has not been much better than the football program the last 8-9 years. Mediocre.

The thing what we arent saying is that’s a top 5 team maybe top 7.

I look forward to the posts about how we are still the top 10 offensive teams we saw against our OOC schedule and these were supposed to be games we lost, so why is everyone upset.

The thing what we arent saying is that’s a top 5 team maybe top 7.
They may be. And drake Maye is a stud. Number 2 QB in college in my opinion. But they also needed double overtime to beat Appalachian state and a pitiful Pitt team put 24 on them. That was there biggest/easiest win of the year.

I’m excited for the VT game. If we handle our business against them then I’ll feel a lot better. I can’t bring myself to be excited for next week, it’s going to be a slaughter. Even if you thought we were going 0-3 in this stretch, context matters. This isn’t how I thought we would lose and that’s really taken a toll on my perspective on this season. We’re going to be 4-3 going to VT, so that game will either enhance what I’m feeling now or somewhat get me back on track.

Downgrading our ceiling to 8 wins. GT is now a L. Pitt, VT, WF are 50/50 whereas before I thought they were likely wins. BC is the only likely win we can count on.

Offense is just too easy to defend. 7-5 is my prediction.
GT is now a loss because Miami made a moronic call and GT strung together a miracle drive after struggling on offense all game?

The Hebrews sinned at Mt Sinai, and as a result God made them wander in the desert for 40 years until He allowed them to see the Promised Land.

We've got 20 more years of misery and suffering left to go.

I may not get there with you. But I want you to know tonight, that we, as a fanbase, will get to the Promised Land.

Someday.

Hopefully.

tencommandmentscover.0.png
Let my people go.

I’m a half glass full guy. But looking ahead, what is there to get excited about. I love Dino the man, he’s a great face of our program. But we kind of know what we’re gonna get at this point, and looking ahead, what is there to get excited about?

Next year we will have CDRW at the helm, is he the guy that’s gonna get us to the next level? There was a thread about apathy toward the Clemson game. And I kind of agree. I think we need to start fresh here and find a way to bring some excitement back.
There will be a transfer QB.

As Syracuse football fan we are all now programmed to except losses before the games are even played. It has been a rough 25 years to stay at this mindset. I'm old enough to remember the coach Mac/P era's and driving up to the dome expecting to win. It's the beatdowns that SU has been part of that makes being a fan really depressing. Dino is really a bad head coach in so many areas however, he just has that "likable" personality that it's hard to admit that. It's always something with these football teams and product that is put on the field. Some are out of DB's control but he just seems to add fuel to a burning trainwreck over a course of the game. For me personally, I am ready for a change and stop this revolving door of bad football in the ACC. Whom should SU target as the next head coach, I don't have the answer but it needs to happen. This SU football nightmare needs to stop and it has been going on since the firing of coach P.
Meanwhile every prediction thread is full of winning scores.

Sure wish we had the Old Big East back. Those were the good old days.
They were fun, but the Old Big East and today's college sports world just aren't compatible.

You mean you hope Red can bring bball back to an elite level. Hoops has not been much better than the football program the last 8-9 years. Mediocre.

Fair.

I’m a half glass full guy. But looking ahead, what is there to get excited about. I love Dino the man, he’s a great face of our program. But we kind of know what we’re gonna get at this point, and looking ahead, what is there to get excited about?

Next year we will have CDRW at the helm, is he the guy that’s gonna get us to the next level? There was a thread about apathy toward the Clemson game. And I kind of agree. I think we need to start fresh here and find a way to bring some excitement back.
I thought we had like an 85% chance of loosing all three of these games against Clemson, NC and FSU. The loses don’t bother me. How we lost to Clemson bothers me. How we got boat raced from the start against UNC bothers me. I imagine FSU will be more of the same. Then it’s a coin flip the rest of the schedule.

I’m confused by the crazy expectations here.

This team was always gonna be 7-5 best (8-4 stars align) or 5 wins

We are mediocre and have been for 25 years. Dino manages the mediocrity with professionalism and provides cover for the school in that we don’t embarrass ourselves w typical coach behavior.

UNC is damn good, Clemson is always very good

Focus should be on WF BC and Pitt. Let’s get 2 of those 3.
I’ve never bought into the 8+ wins hype, and I still hope I’m very wrong.

Clearly the consternation here is about getting our butts handed to us by these good teams. The games weren’t competitive.

We are what we are. A team with a one man show on O. When Shrader doesn’t shine, we have no offense. And this ain’t the 1990s — a D is gonna get torn up eventually, no matter how good it looks at times. You gotta score to win, and we’re utterly dependent on one guy.

We could scratch out 3 more wins. Or we could break under the usual weight of late season injuries that every team deals with, and maybe only win 1 more game.

We all have to recalibrate our expectations. This season was starting to feel like the season that last year should have been; a potential for 10 wins or more and possibly a NY6 bowl.

That’s gone.

Let’s just hope for a decent mid tier bowl game and hope to win that game. And in the process, not get embarrassed again like that.
Were people legitimately expecting a 10 win season this year?

Well, of course there are. What's the fun in predicting losses?

At least start the game with optimism and have it die thanks to our weekly boning from the refs.
So that would mean they don’t walk into games expecting losses, that’s all

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom