What to expect if Babers is the guy. | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

What to expect if Babers is the guy.

Do they play any defense? Serious question.

The first year under Dino at BG was a defensive nightmare, but I believe much of that had to with having the players learn a new scheme and admittedly by Dino, having a poor coach run things.

Babers hired Brian Ward from Western Illinois this year to come in and run the defense and there's been improvement this season. BG is I believe +8 in turnovers, and the run defense has improved immensely. Ward plays the Tampa 2 style of defense, lots of zone in the secondary and occasional blitzing. We've been happy with the results this year.

The first year under Dino at BG was a defensive nightmare, but I believe much of that had to with having the players learn a new scheme and admittedly by Dino, having a poor coach run things.

Babers hired Brian Ward from Western Illinois this year to come in and run the defense and there's been improvement this season. BG is I believe +8 in turnovers, and the run defense has improved immensely. Ward plays the Tampa 2 style of defense, lots of zone in the secondary and occasional blitzing. We've been happy with the results this year.
Good to hear. My hope was that if we were hiring someone who didn't care about defense, that we pay the d coaches accordingly.

I'm going to make a bold prediction that probably isn't actually that bold: if Babers is the guy, then before too long (depending on Dungey's health), Lindsey Scott will be our starting QB. Babers is proving this year he can put up monster numbers with an undersized QB, and Scott is both a tremendous athlete and a kid who just makes plays with his feet and his arm. By the way, he was just named the Louisiana Gatorade Player of the Year, for anyone who doesn't visit the recruiting board. If the kid was 6-4, he'd be going to LSU. Instead, he's 5-11, and he fell into our laps and has publicly said he's staying firm to SU. He's also a kid with a 3.77 GPA.
Man do I like smart QB's.

It is better to have tried and failed and then to have not tried and failed. However I get your point.
Dino Babers brings hope and like Shawhank Redemption taught us Hope is a good thing.

So if he doesn't come to Syracuse some of the posters may become Brooks?

Man do I like smart QB's.
Re Scott - a good buddy of mine is close with the Scott family. REALLY hoping the commitment holds. He's a very bright kid with a very high motor. And a great athlete. He was recruited by Harvard to give you a sense of his intellect. He'll be a gem for Syracuse (hopefully).

Re Scott - a good buddy of mine is close with the Scott family. REALLY hoping the commitment holds. He's a very bright kid with a very high motor. And a great athlete. He was recruited by Harvard to give you a sense of his intellect. He'll be a gem for Syracuse (hopefully).

I said this elsewhere, but it's interesting that both of are QB commits are from great stock - their respective fathers are former high level football players who became successful, well-respected attorneys, with great families.

I really hope some of you don't ft disappointed. For your sakes I hope he is the guy. But until SU announces it, it's no sure thing.

I have to be rational in every other facet of my life, for the most part. You have to allow a little leniency for irrationality on this forum (of which I've been a participant for a decade and a half). I have two kids, five and three - I need this virtual space!

So here goes: If Babers is not the coach, I want Coyle on the first sled out of Syracuse (jk, jk).

But I'm all in on Babers.

rrlbees said:
I really hope some of you don't ft disappointed. For your sakes I hope he is the guy. But until SU announces it, it's no sure thing.

I agree and I'm a guy with a Dino avatar. It's fun to think about, but if it doesn't happen could be rough.

Have there been any documented mentions of Jesus, peppering the gumbo, hard-nosed, or ISIS in his press conferences?

Have there been any documented mentions of Jesus, peppering the gumbo, hard-nosed, or ISIS in his press conferences?
I don't know but we should find out if he is allergic to any citrus fruit and if so consider petitioning the NCAA to drop Pitt as our partner.

It's the fun of sports Bees. It's just about the only thing I can get away with being irrational about in life. Without the option of screaming at my TV during Syracuse games (and doing so in writing on this forum), my family would be much less happy. ;)

I am a Baylor alumnus and remember Coach Babers during his time at Baylor. We were sad he left but knew he was going on to better his career. I'm glad to see the circle completed (almost) as he appears to be a candidate at Syracuse -- another school I attended and am quite fond of. Two see this offense at both of my schools just boggles my mind. I'm going to be very, very happy.

Bowling Green has 42 TD passes this year - 12 games
Syracuse has 43 TD passes in the past 40 games (had to go all the way back to SU/Mizzou in 2012 to reach 42 passing TD's)

I am a Baylor alumnus and remember Coach Babers during his time at Baylor. We were sad he left but knew he was going on to better his career. I'm glad to see the circle completed (almost) as he appears to be a candidate at Syracuse -- another school I attended and am quite fond of. Two see this offense at both of my schools just boggles my mind. I'm going to be very, very happy.
Stop counting chickens!

Chip said:
And if that doesn't, then goodbye cruel world.
I've said it before and will keep saying it, GERG 2: Return of GERG!

It's happening...

time for Jesus to take the wheel

If history is accurate which it usually is. Dino will be bringing a few of his staff members with him here. Kim McCloud has been to every coaching stop with him. The other that I am pretty sure will also come is Brian Ward as our D Coordinator. Looking at his history I think it could actually be a good hire. Bowling Green did have a better defense then us last year in every category. What are others thoughts?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom