Where is everyone staying in Orlando? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Where is everyone staying in Orlando?

Using Marriott Points for the Residence Inn .2 Miles from the Stadium...bed, pull out sofa for son, and free breakfast.

If I pull the trigger, I have family that lives in Reunion just west of Kissimmee. Would be a matter of finding flights, getting time off, etc.

Using Marriott Points for the Residence Inn .2 Miles from the Stadium...bed, pull out sofa for son, and free breakfast.

Residence inn is 2-3 miles away which is fine.

There are a few hotels .2 miles from the stadium if you need to be close. When you inquire you'll need to specify if you want hourly or nightly rates.

Clearwater beach
Depends what you are looking for: Large resort hotels in Clearwater Beach or smaller, funky retro hotels (Treasure Island/St Pete Beach). Both are fine, I just prefer not seeing a bunch of high rises.

Depends what you are looking for: Large resort hotels in Clearwater Beach or smaller, funky retro hotels (Treasure Island/St Pete Beach). Both are fine, I just prefer not seeing a bunch of high rises.

Cocoa Beach on the other side?

Yeah it is nice too...I just like the Gulf Beaches better. However, if you fly into Orlando then beaches on the Atlantic are closer.

If airfare pricing is getting you down...driving to Florida is always an option. Gas is nearing $2.00 a gallon in many states down in the SE. Speaking of gas...beware of a few ripoff gas stations near the MCO (Orlando) airport who charge "tourons" over a $1.00 more per gallon than the prevailing price.

If you don't want to put miles on your car...try renting one in the north and driving roundtrip (if you can find a decent price).

We stayed at the Rosen Shingle Creek in Orlando prior to the Notre Dame bowl game. It is a high end resort. The Notre Dame team and fans were staying there. Didn't know that Notre Dame was going to be there but it was fun mixing with the team and fans. Very classy group. We were on our way down to Fort Myers for a couple winter months.

Clearwater beach

We've stayed at the Hyatt Regency in Clearwater Beach for a few days each of the last two Februarys. Nice hotel in a great spot. Pretty long ride to Downtown Orlando though.

Good use of Hyatt/Chase Ultimate Rewards points.

I like Cocoa Beach in the summer but it's pretty quiet off season and doesn't have quite the same "beachy" feel of the gulf coast.

But on the flip side, it'll be much cheaper and is an easy 1 hr or so commute to Orlando.

You might even get to see a SpaceX launch, if not they do other cool events at Kennedy during the holidays.

Mentioned this in another thread so sorry for the repeat, but I have reserved both Hyatt Regency Orlando and the Aloft downtown.

For those who know Orlando, which would you consider better choice taking into account access to nightlife, restaurants, etc?

If airfare pricing is getting you down...driving to Florida is always an option. Gas is nearing $2.00 a gallon in many states down in the SE. Speaking of gas...beware of a few ripoff gas stations near the MCO (Orlando) airport who charge "tourons" over a $1.00 more per gallon than the prevailing price.

If you don't want to put miles on your car...try renting one in the north and driving roundtrip (if you can find a decent price).

I'm actually considering driving... Plane tickets are too much. 12 hours isn't awful...

I'm actually considering driving... Plane tickets are too much. 12 hours isn't awful...
No it isn't...you can break it up two days. If you have to work...drive 4 hours after work. Stay in the Carolinas one night. Driving from Cuse is an 18 hour trip but it is a fairly easy 2 day drive on each end. Get out and see the country a bit.

When you arrive into Florida. Stop and get a Sunpass in the vending machine at the Welcome to Florida travel Rest Area on I-95. They sell a $5 permanent windshield mount or a $20-25 portable transponder. You literally can set up an account with a credit card in 5 minutes in the parking lot if you have a smart phone or laptop w/WIFI. I did it just like that. Then you never have to worry about the toll roads in Florida.

$2.00 what a rip. Just filled up for $1.83 :)

No it isn't...you can break it up two days. If you have to work...drive 4 hours after work. Stay in the Carolinas one night. Driving from Cuse is an 18 hour trip but it is a fairly easy 2 day drive on each end. Get out and see the country a bit.

When you arrive into Florida. Stop and get a Sunpass in the vending machine at the Welcome to Florida travel Rest Area on I-95. They sell a $5 permanent windshield mount or a $20-25 portable transponder. You literally can set up an account with a credit card in 5 minutes in the parking lot if you have a smart phone or laptop w/WIFI. I did it just like that. Then you never have to worry about the toll roads in Florida.

I'm taking xmas week off of work anyway so it could be a cool roadtrip adventure for the girlfriend and I. I'm just hoping for anything but El Paso at this point.

If you make it a 2 day trip stop at NC visitor Center on 95 get coupons and stay in Lumberton NC it’s halfway

If you make it a 2 day trip stop at NC visitor Center on 95 get coupons and stay in Lumberton NC it’s halfway

Was considering Charleston SC or Savannah GA for a stop. Might do one on the way down and the other on the drive back up.

Was considering Charleston SC or Savannah GA for a stop. Might do one on the way down and the other on the drive back up.
Savannah is a good stop. There’s plenty to see. We stopped in November and ran into Forrest Gump in one of the squares there.

Savannah is a good stop. There’s plenty to see. We stopped in November and ran into Forrest Gump in one of the squares there.

Was he still running when you ran into him?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom