Where is the Adam Weitsman recruit in this class? | Syracusefan.com

Where is the Adam Weitsman recruit in this class?

Orangefan1

All Conference
I’m just curious since he claimed to want to bring 5 stars to the program, I’m assuming maybe Sellers

RE: "one million won't touch them"
Wonder how teams/boosters address team unity spreading the $ around.
hypothetical example: star QB with $2M NIL, drives a 2022 Corvette to practice while living the good life.
How much NIL $ needs to go to an offensive lineman keeping him alive, to maintain team unity?
Has to be a challenge to manage spreading the $ around appropriately/fairly.

I’m just curious since he claimed to want to bring 5 stars to the program, I’m assuming maybe Sellers
Do you think they are going to flat-out announce the player?

At a certain point, the NCAA, even in its idiotic state, will throw a flag on an announcement.

hypothetical example: star QB with $2M NIL, drives a 2022 Corvette to practice while living the good life.
How much NIL $ needs to go to an offensive lineman keeping him alive, to maintain team unity?
That’s when the quarterback gets each of his linemen a pair of isotoners.

Go check out what’s happening with Travis Hunter. uGA and Miami in full battle and it’s strictly over money and full bidding war for Hunter
UTSA coach is calling out NCAA for ignoring the evidence of tampering he provided by SEC and Pac12 schools on his players who are not in portal

Go check out what’s happening with Travis Hunter. uGA and Miami in full battle and it’s strictly over money and full bidding war for Hunter
That kid will probably get $2-3 million based off hype and performance

Well, regarding Sellers, he isn't a five-star player, at least not for now. And when I talked to Adam in early November, he made it sound like he was focused on 2024 prospects, not ones in 2023.
Yep

Well, regarding Sellers, he isn't a five-star player, at least not for now. And when I talked to Adam in early November, he made it sound like he was focused on 2024 prospects, not ones in 2023.
For 2024 can you put together a Top 10 for Syracuse Basketball ?

I might be in the minority here, but I expect that quite a bit of whatever we dole out for NIL will be focused on retaining quality players we already have.

Some might eventually trickle out to recruits, but I don't think the alleged $1M is all going to be shelled out to prospective recruits.

Again, just what I expect.

I might be in the minority here, but I expect that quite a bit of whatever we dole out for NIL will be focused on retaining quality players we already have.

Some might eventually trickle out to recruits, but I don't think the alleged $1M is all going to be shelled out to prospective recruits.

I think that’s a good thing.

If the season ended today, which B'Ballers would you focus on and how many $'s would you NIL them ?

If the season ended today, which B'Ballers would you focus on and how many $'s would you NIL them ?

It's too late now -- we missed out on all of our primary targets for this year / class of 2023.

Did Dino basically say that? Prioritize the guys who are here as opposed the guys they're trying to get?

“Syracuse University’s most famous sports booster has decided to get involved in the name, image and likeness (NIL) space and will offer $1 million per year to one five-star football player and one five-star basketball player to represent his companies.”

Doesn’t sound like that 1M dollar number is targeted toward anyone but top tier HS talent

“Syracuse University’s most famous sports booster has decided to get involved in the name, image and likeness (NIL) space and will offer $1 million per year to one five-star football player and one five-star basketball player to represent his companies.”

Doesn’t sound like that 1M dollar number is targeted toward anyone but top tier HS talent

People say stuff.

Good luck landing a 5-star, who will get more than that full amount that Adam apparently is setting aside for football, from the factories. You are vastly underestimating the competition that will be in place for 5-star football recruits, and what their boosters will be willing to do to get recruits of that caliber.

On the hoops side, I could see it. Seems unrealistic for football.

People say stuff.

Good luck landing a 5-star, who will get more than that full amount that Adam apparently is setting aside for football, from the factories. You are vastly underestimating the competition that will be in place for 5-star football recruits, and what their boosters will be willing to do to get recruits of that caliber.

On the hoops side, I could see it. Seems unrealistic for football.
I’m not saying it’s a good plan, just that it appears that is the plan.

You don’t think the boosters used to funnel more money to the star QB than the OL. Now it’s just called NIL and the kids have to do a commercial.
There was a pretty solid rumor that Walter Berry got $100k to play basketball at SJU. That was the 80s

You don’t think the boosters used to funnel more money to the star QB than the OL. Now it’s just called NIL and the kids have to do a commercial.
There was a pretty solid rumor that Walter Berry got $100k to play basketball at SJU. That was the 80s
That was a perfectly legal housing allowance.

I do-
I'm assuming NIL bags are much larger, and present related challenges spreading $ around "fairly".
What's required to bring in the O-linemen that keep a $2M QB healthy and productive?
Or the best RB's/receivers as weapons for the $2M QB?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom