Who is the 2nd 3pt threat going to be this year to help Cooney | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Who is the 2nd 3pt threat going to be this year to help Cooney

I think the biggest help will be in we can get an inside game going with Rak. If we can get Rak the ball in a position to score then that will open the outside for all of our shooters.

Come on, admit it folks. I know some of you can't hardly wait to see Chris McCullough take his talents beyond the arc. And depending on who he has guarding him in a particular game, it isn't hard for me to imagine seeing him do some damage outside and this team as a whole stretching the D and Christmas finally beginning to have a holiday down low.

Come on, admit it folks. I know some of you can't hardly wait to see Chris McCullough take his talents beyond the arc. And depending on who he has guarding him in a particular game, it isn't hard for me to imagine seeing him do some damage outside and this team as a whole stretching the D and Christmas finally beginning to have a holiday down low.

I think that Roberson and McCullough are going to be a heckuva tandem to play together, with each player's versatility and ability to hit shots as well as finish inside. Not hard to envision some effective high / low action between these two.

A lot if BJ talk, I just don't see him getting a lot of minutes. It's nothing against him, but with Roberson and McCullough starting and G playing super sub I can't imagine BJ getting more than 6-8 minutes a game.

That's why other teams focused on him, and no one else, and didn't let him breath.
I hope that he finds his stroke but he looks terrible

Didn't watch the game -- but this sounds like the same Cooney we saw in the ladder parts of last year. If he still can't put the ball on the floor and create his own shot he is going to struggle again.

A lot if BJ talk, I just don't see him getting a lot of minutes. It's nothing against him, but with Roberson and McCullough starting and G playing super sub I can't imagine BJ getting more than 6-8 minutes a game.
I agree and wish we were wrong but he is the 9th guy right now. Still think there will be a couple games he helps with his shot though

Cooney looks very much to be a streak shooter - not a pure shooter - at this point in his career - he shoots way too many off balance or quick shots which have little chance of going in.

I did watch the game. Just like last year, Trevor was blanketed. The difference today was other people hit their open looks...

JB said that Trevor missed a couple times when he could have driven to the basket. Said he was capable of doing it.

I know that Bees and some others on this board feel as if Trevor is the second coming of GM and i wish it were true but the fact is that trevor is a decent hustle player who if he gets hot can make a few threes. He isnt and never will be a true shooter.

kcsu said:
I know that Bees and some others on this board feel as if Trevor is the second coming of GM and i wish it were true but the fact is that trevor is a decent hustle player who if he gets hot can make a few threes. He isnt and never will be a true shooter.

He did shoot 37% from out there last year, and that's with a monumental collapse at the end of the year. Gmac only surpassed that percentage one time during his 4 years here. You can't call Gmac a true shooter and say that Trevor isn't. It's not fair.

He did shoot 37% from out there last year, and that's with a monumental collapse at the end of the year. Gmac only surpassed that percentage one time during his 4 years here. You can't call Gmac a true shooter and say that Trevor isn't. It's not fair.
Really. Are you saying that Trevor is the same shooter that Gmac was? Making threes is one thing making them when it counts in clutch situations when you need to make the three when the game is on the line is what makes a pure shooter. Gmac was beyond clutch. Trevor well not really

kcsu said:

I know you like to make things up, but I don't remember anyone claiming Cooney was the second coming of GMac. GMac was the rare ultra clutch player and also played PG. Rautin's is the player more often Cooney has been compared too, right or wrong.

Btw, for his career and sophomore season, Cooney's FG% and 3pt FG% has been as good or better than GMacs. Just sayin. But he's not GMac.

kcsu said:
Really. Are you saying that Trevor is the same shooter that Gmac was? Making threes is one thing making them when it counts in clutch situations when you need to make the three when the game is on the line is what makes a pure shooter. Gmac was beyond clutch. Trevor well not really

Didn't realize clutch shooting was the end all when judging a shooter.

There were plenty of games where if Gmac wasn't 2-13 from the field before the final minute of the game we wouldn't have needed a heroic three. I'm not crapping on Gmac but he is not the pure excellent shooter he is made out to be.

It's easy to forget that Cooney was one of the best 3 point shooters in college bball for about half the season last year.

JB said that Trevor missed a couple times when he could have driven to the basket. Said he was capable of doing it.

The dribble drive that people on the board have mentioned repeatedly, going back to last year. Take it to the rim.

Interesting that JB made a point to suggest that publicly. I think we'll see a few more attempts to drive to the basket. I doubt that TC will totally disregard such a public critique.

For the record...I'm glad that JB said it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom