Who is the 2nd 3pt threat going to be this year to help Cooney | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Who is the 2nd 3pt threat going to be this year to help Cooney

It's easy to forget that Cooney was one of the best 3 point shooters in college bball for about half the season last year.

I am a huge Trevor Cooney supporter/fan (I actually work with his cousin); but to be fair with the stats...he ended up being an "average" (from a stats line) 3pt threat. I agree he was one of the best 3 pt shooters in college bball for half the season, but you can't deny the fact that once the meat of conference played started, he faded away. We're one exhibition game into the season. Peonally I think he will be fine. If his shot is not falling down, he's not pressing like he was last year. Other guys are there to pick him up. He will be a 36%-38% threat this year and I will be very happy with that. I just hope he doesn't have a 42% the first half and a 32% the second half.

I know you like to make things up, but I don't remember anyone claiming Cooney was the second coming of GMac. GMac was the rare ultra clutch player and also played PG. Rautin's is the player more often Cooney has been compared too, right or wrong.

Btw, for his career and sophomore season, Cooney's FG% and 3pt FG% has been as good or better than GMacs. Just sayin. But he's not GMac.
You do, ok sure. Well now that the factual contrarian has spoken im sure that Trevor will have a break out year. Fact. Trevor tanked the second have of last year once we hit conf play. Fact. Trevor couldnt find the basket yesterday. Lets hope he finds his stroke as at this point it continues to be missing in action.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom