Wildhack Presser | Streaming 11 AM Monday | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Wildhack Presser | Streaming 11 AM Monday

Evidently there are some anonymous donors who bleed Orange and continue to step up in a big way. I don’t think the NIL situation is as dire as some people think it is.

Whoever these donors are, God bless you.
I imagine ADJW has close ties with the sports media alumni. I don't think they are struggling financially.

He could but would he? I would be behind Bill O'Brien. I think he would be an excellent hire and a nice fit for the program.
I seriously doubt it.

I'm not sure what the appeal for BoB would be. He's going to want another NFL HC shot in the next couple of years, I imagine.

He certainly checks all the boxes that JW mentioned. And he'd be someone who's "big name" enough to get a lot of folks off the fence and plunk down $$$ for those new Dome seats.

However, I have a lifetime of an inferiority complex saying there's no chance, since SU never swings for the fences like this.
Would be an impressive hire and would probably be the best from a buzz perspective. I'd still bet on Lewis, White or Chesney first.

Good press conf. JW repeated everything weve talked about hear ad nauseam.

As for the seach firm, i think they are simply used as an intermediaery so both parties can have max deniability in case a deal doesnt transpire. "hey we never offered that guy the HC position".

I once had a job interview/process where I was asked to "accept and sign the offer letter" before i met with the CTO as they didn't want to waste time lol.

What do you guys make with Babers decision to not coach the final game?

I seriously doubt it.

I'm not sure what the appeal for BoB would be. He's going to want another NFL HC shot in the next couple of years, I imagine.
Then you have Head Coach In Waiting Doug Marrone? I bet he is champing at the bit for an opportunity to be a head coach at his alma mater.

Bill O'Brien would certainly be a big name hire and would get the casuals in the area excited. People in upstate NY are NFL fans first, casual college fans second. His name would get their attention and create a buzz. Chesney will draw yawns from this crowd.

I really loved the comment about limiting the recruiting misses and also about dispelling the nonsense that the portal losses were the driver behind our depth issues. He didn’t have to call out Dino’s BS specifically but he basically did in an intelligent way.

I’m fully confident JW makes the right choice. He gets it.

Hiring a firm
Hiring a candidate with HC and/or Coordinator experience at the P5 level. Don't know if the P5 experience is looking at the HC or just the Coordinator.
NIL is competitive with peer schools
Got lots of calls already of people who are interested in the job
VERY AWARE OF THE 12/4/23 DATE
Ixnay on Holy Cross

I was happy to hear JW talk about our "4 1/2 hour recruiting radius".

Drive 300 miles south and you're in Baltimore. Drive 300 miles west and you're in Cleveland.

For as terrible as NYS is at producing FBS talent, it's not nearly as dire if you extend things out to that radius.

I'm a very slow driver, or stop too much :)

Did I hear this right? P5 Head coaching exp or Coordinator exp? That breaks down the list?

White
Bill O'Brien
Bronco
Lewis
Al Golden

No Chesney, Crandle etc since no P5 exp

No. He said the ideal candidate would have head coaching experience OR P5 coordinating experience. He added that position coaches are not off the table but it's a "big leap." (thus they are actually not on the table.)

No. He said the ideal candidate would have head coaching experience OR P5 coordinating experience. He added that position coaches are not off the table but it's a big leap. (thus they are actually not on the table.)
Thanks for clarification.

What do you guys make with Babers decision to not coach the final game?

e2917998-0b85-40a2-8c9c-5261813213c0_text.gif

That's about how much I care about Dino's decision.

I’d be very happy with Bill O’Brien. He also has the relationships to build a strong staff on not just money alone. That is a big plus here.
Same. I agree with what Phat said above. He probably generates most excitement in CNY given NFL ties etc. Plus he rebuilt Ped St

Al Golden hire would be funny. Not my first choice but whatever. I will say, if he had any type of immediate success the Rutgers fanbase would go nuts as a lot of them have wanted him for their last two hires lol

Ok, help me out with the elusive 12/4/23 date. Has to do with recruiting? Something else? Don't roast me too terribly bad... LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom