Wildhack | Syracusefan.com

Wildhack

Cusefan78

Negative Nancy
He needs to be held accountable for this disaster. There needs to be a press conference with a clear plan on how to move forward or he should be let go. How he has handled desko, jb, and now football is laughable.

He needs to be held accountable for this disaster. There needs to be a press conference with a clear plan on how to move forward or he should be let go. How he has handled desko, jb, and now football is laughable.
These are all good points. I counter that by saying Bill Simmons doesn’t like him and I don’t like Bill Simmons and also he used to post on this board…soooooo

He didn't hire Dino and should be eager to make the move and get his guy. I think he deserves a chance to pick a coach and it honestly didn't make sense to fire Dino until now/this year.

Georgetown Kent is the one I want out with Dino.
When you extend him, you're making a conscious decision.

He forced out Desko, a near institution, against his will to make a change.

He was part of forcing out Boeheim, who didn’t want to go, and gave the Coach so much leeway but JB still made it beyond akward.

Wildhack was a key part of building ESPN and dealt with far more pressure cooker situations weekly. In an academic institution, he’s dealing with glacial mentalities and $ things from way above. He knows what to do.

Where I give JW a big negative on is women’s basketball and whiffing on the institutional culture mayhem he missed. That was bad. But that’s not a money sport.

Wildhack was a key part of building ESPN and dealt with far more pressure cooker situations weekly. In an academic institution, he’s dealing with glacial mentalities and $ things from way above. He knows what to do.
Everything I’ve heard is that ESPN people don’t like him and were glad to see him go.

If he doesn’t fire Dino this week then Wildhack should be let go as well. For once we need to be proactive and set the tone that this is not acceptable. If Babers is coaching next week there is a problem. It’s not like he’s doing anything now. I’m sure Rocky can do just as bad these next couple games. If we want to be serious end this now and send a message to the few fans that are left that we are serious about winning or are we just content with cashing the check.

We have to make a move this week… if not you’re losing so many fans… like me. Sticking with CDRW was a fireable offense by itself
No.

He owes it to the student athletes and, technically, see if we become bowl eligible.

The fans will come back…if the team performs better sooner (hard to expect now) or if we make a change at the end of this month.

Lastly, as mentioned by some insiders earlier in the week, not firing someone ASAP does NOT mean a plan and list is underway “in case.”

When you extend him, you're making a conscious decision.
I don't think it was a crazy extension its over next year and isn't that much money for P5 programs.

Handcuffed us 2019-2022. Its 2023. Made it through.

Just send the team to NYC with Long as coach. Pitt has their own issues and implosion this year would be unfair to the players to not give them the boost of someone new after 5 brutal losses straight under Dino on national TV especially knowing they have no QB. Wildhack looks pathetic if he waits any longer.

Or just give him an extension of course since that is what we have to do it we keep Dino.

If he doesn’t fire Dino this week then Wildhack should be let go as well. For once we need to be proactive and set the tone that this is not acceptable. If Babers is coaching next week there is a problem. It’s not like he’s doing anything now. I’m sure Rocky can do just as bad these next couple games. If we want to be serious end this now and send a message to the few fans that are left that we are serious about winning or are we just content with cashing the check.
So…if Wildhack doesn’t fire Babers….the Chancellor should be “What?! John, CMON MAN.”

Big time college sports doesn’t tend to act like Goldman Sachs or the Raiders.

JW needs to hold people accountable. Problem is his hires haven’t been very good thus far.

Everyone in charge of the Dome experience needs to be fired. Stuff like that shouldn’t even have to cross JW but the Mickey Mouse production is unacceptable.

Whomever is his #2 to run the AD operationally needs to be fired.

We need better hires in the Olympic sports. We have become an embarrassment in some sports.

The department as a whole still now and needs to be fixed. That is on him.

No.

He owes it to the student athletes and, technically, see if we become bowl eligible.

The fans will come back…if the team performs better sooner (hard to expect now) or if we make a change at the end of this month.

Lastly, as mentioned by some insiders earlier in the week, not firing someone ASAP does NOT mean a plan and list is underway “in case.”
Disagree. I get you can be planning the next coach while the current is still there but dino is there for success on the field firstly. Being a good guy, good mentor is great, but if you can’t win you can’t stay. Ultimately those student athletes didn’t perform well enough to keep the coach they are “owed.” That’s the reality of football

Stop. Donating. That’s all it takes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom