Wildhack | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Wildhack

Everything I’ve heard is that ESPN people don’t like him and were glad to see him go.
I think there is merit to that when you get pot shots about the program from ESPN personalities randomly during Game day and they talk about the Cuse guys at ESPN

How can you tell he’s checked out?

Do you have a Sideline Stoic Meter showing he’s millimeters less energetic than 2017?
Everyone wants a new coach, no one wants to keep him, and the body language police are still trying to convince. If we were winning more, people would be taking about how great it is that he isn't a spaz

Last edited:
Everyone wants a new coach, no one wants to keep him, and the body language police are still trying to convince. If we winning more, people would be taking about how fast it is that he isn't a spaz
Body language is the most overrated aspect of coaching. Someone going crazy on the sideline doesn't mean anything. In fact it can make them look unhinged. Scott Shafer telling Dabo F him is the most prime example of it.

I don’t envy JW, having to take this PR disaster into NYC.

But I guess that’s why people take the job.
I'd at least be upgrading the pinot noir from Estancia to Belle Glos. Looks like you need a refill there...

I think JW will make a good hire. I think it will be White.
Why do you think white is a good hire. He has no prior head coaching experience. He bailed on SU and went to Nebraska. Does not show loyalty. If he had stayed he would have been let go with the rest of the staff after the season. He has only been a DC for about four years total. Someone also mentioned Al Golden. No. He’s doing good as a dc at ND with their talent. However he has already shown what he does as a head coach. Hard pass.
We need an offensive minded coach that has shown he can win games and run a program. We thought that was DB but were wrong. Should have seen he had only been a head coach for four years and was at two different schools.
We are not getting high four and five star talent. We need a coach that has shown he can develop an Oline and qb on a consistent passes with 3 star talent.

Hiring someone new is always a crap shoot. You can never be sure how much of their prior success was them or their situation and the people around them.

Heck, a lot of ADJW past success was latching onto what at the time was new technology. Not that he didn't earn what he's done, and he's obviously a smart guy, but had been offered a job at a newspaper, things would have gone differently.

Past performance is not always indicative of future results...

Why do you think white is a good hire. He has no prior head coaching experience. He bailed on SU and went to Nebraska. Does not show loyalty. If he had stayed he would have been let go with the rest of the staff after the season. He has only been a DC for about four years total. Someone also mentioned Al Golden. No. He’s doing good as a dc at ND with their talent. However he has already shown what he does as a head coach. Hard pass.
We need an offensive minded coach that has shown he can win games and run a program. We thought that was DB but were wrong. Should have seen he had only been a head coach for four years and was at two different schools.
We are not getting high four and five star talent. We need a coach that has shown he can develop an Oline and qb on a consistent passes with 3 star talent.
Sean Lewis delivered the offense at Bowling Green, Syracuse, Kent State and now at Colorado. He took the worst program in the country and turned them into a winner at Kent and got invaluable experience as a head coach.

Firing Dino now means not only a buyout but promoting someone to interim head coach which means more dollars for the next month or two while you find a replacement. I have no doubt that JW is already working the phones but you have to remember, SU isn’t necessarily a destination for coaches. So any good candidate is going to wait the process out and see what else is available before accepting our rebuild.

Listen to his interviews crying about the NIL portal and that’s where his depth is, or how Jordan Travis is some heisman QB leading up to the game. Not to mention the way he tried to play not to get blown out. Kicking fg’s and playing stall ball. If that’s not the talk of a HC who quit on his team then i don’t know what is.

Every coach whines about the NIL, all of em.

Firing coaches is not an accomplishment.

Hiring coaches who ultimately prove to be successful is.

OK - post back in a couple of years,

If you, a lax guy, cannot see the talent upgrade and needs with Gait I don't know what to tell you. And you, a hoops fan, cannot tell the difference between JJ Starling, Chance Westry verses Buddy's buddies, well...

We have to make a move this week… if not you’re losing so many fans… like me. Sticking with CDRW was a fireable offense by itself
Yeah the Davis kid should have been sent in. Wow cdrw really was bad tonight damn.

If he doesn’t fire Dino this week then Wildhack should be let go as well. For once we need to be proactive and set the tone that this is not acceptable. If Babers is coaching next week there is a problem. It’s not like he’s doing anything now. I’m sure Rocky can do just as bad these next couple games. If we want to be serious end this now and send a message to the few fans that are left that we are serious about winning or are we just content with cashing the check.
hire Pete as Ad again. I have more faith that Pete would make the call now and find us a good coach.

I think Gait needs to produce this year, but all of those are solid hires. While I wanted to go outside of the program, I completely understand why Red was hired and realistically it was the only choice.

Agree 100%.

Gait is bringing in dudes, but now they need to produce. Step one was always bring in the players.

So…what if Wildhack is ready to fire Dino right now, but BOT won’t give him the go-ahead?

And the BOT is going to dictate the “vision and perspective” related to athletics generally and football specifically. That’s not going to change, even if - for whatever reason - the AD at the school changes.
Why even have an ad if we won't let him do his job.

Every coach whines about the NIL, all of em.
There's whining and having a legit beef. On the basketball side especially, coaches have decided to throw in the towel rather than get involved in this climate.

I think Gait needs to produce this year, but all of those are solid hires. While I wanted to go outside of the program, I completely understand why Red was hired and realistically it was the only choice.
Red was a safe choice. If Red fails to produce within his first couple of years, SUBB will be looking outside of the family. I'm not going to further detail this thread with basketball talk, but they could have stayed in the family and hit the ground running immediately with Rick Pitino. He would have picked up the phone if they called him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom