Class of 2014 - WR K.J. Williams to East Mississippi CC | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 WR K.J. Williams to East Mississippi CC

I thought the star rating system dosen't matter
The star rating system doesn't matter in terms of developing good players or even determining if a player in high school actually is good (outside of the very top prospects, anyway). The star rating DOES matter in terms of national perception. If you're landing 4 and 5 star players, other top players are going to see that and might be more inclined to commit, rather than if you have a bunch of 2 star people.

McDonald did say their goal was to have a Top 25 ranked recruiting class.

By the way, in the S cout interview with Long, he says that Jarrod West is his cousin, too. So does that mean West and Williams are cousins, too? Or are they from opposite sides of the family? Either way, it can only help our situation if it's even just a cousin of a cousin who is already playing WR at Syracuse to help the sales pitch to Williams.

Does he have any cousins who are lineman, because that would certainly help SU recruiting as well.

By the way, in the S cout interview with Long, he says that Jarrod West is his cousin, too. So does that mean West and Williams are cousins, too? Or are they from opposite sides of the family? Either way, it can only help our situation if it's even just a cousin of a cousin who is already playing WR at Syracuse to help the sales pitch to Williams.

Maybe they are all cousins like Scoop and Dion were "cousins"

throw in bruce williams and lavar lobdell

I remember be really pumped when those two committed and then really disappointed for 4 years.

Another disappointing combo was Mike Jones and Tyrell Harris. And another one was AJ Mitchell and Brandon Darlington. And then there was Jeremiah Harden and Dorian Graham, due to Graham probably the most memorable of the 3 other combos I mentioned.

Oh and I almost forgot about Landel Bembo and Marcus Clayton. And Cody Catalina and Max Suter. And Josh White and the ever famous Jamere Knox.

I remember be really pumped when those two committed and then really disappointed for 4 years.

Another disappointing combo was Mike Jones and Tyrell Harris. And another one was AJ Mitchell and Brandon Darlington. And then there was Jeremiah Harden and Dorian Graham, due to Graham probably the most memorable of the 3 other combos I mentioned.

Oh and I almost forgot about Landel Bembo and Marcus Clayton. And Cody Catalina and Max Suter. And Josh White and the ever famous Jamere Knox.
Do you track these in a spreadsheet? Nice memory.

Speaking of Cali's boy Jamere, looks like we could have really used his -2 yards per carry.

http://stats.njcaa.org/sports/fball/2012-13/players/jamereknoxx4lp

He is the cousin of A.J Long Basically said if Syracuse offers he will commit!
Any reason for not offering yet? Academics and or character?Sounds kind of stupid not making an offer otherwise.

I did a search on him, he got busted in 2010 for possession of maryjane with intent to distribute - not sure if he did any time or bit for it.

he was/is still a minor so highly doubt it. i don't think this would keep us a way?

Any reason for not offering yet? Academics and or character?Sounds kind of stupid not making an offer otherwise.
because our staff isn't using rivals/scout stars to determine who we offer? Maybe we have bigger fish we think we can land?

KJ had a very impressive showing this weekend in Ohio, sc0ut has a teaser on it.

The star rating system doesn't matter in terms of developing good players or even determining if a player in high school actually is good (outside of the very top prospects, anyway). The star rating DOES matter in terms of national perception. If you're landing 4 and 5 star players, other top players are going to see that and might be more inclined to commit, rather than if you have a bunch of 2 star people.
kidding

because our staff isn't using / stars to determine who we offer? Maybe we have bigger fish we think we can land?
Maybe, however i would assume that depending on need, some positions are offered earlier than others. QB's would be a priority, we have a ton of WR on roster, but we need OL. It could be as simple as they haven't had time to do many evaluations as they are installing a new offense, getting ready for spring ball etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom