Class of 2014 - WR K.J. Williams to East Mississippi CC | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 WR K.J. Williams to East Mississippi CC

Yeah, if they didn't know all about him before Long committed, you'd think they would know about him when Long said "oh and by the way, my cousin is a big time WR recruit in PA who wants to play with me in college."

Well, you'd hope, anyway. I don't have any access to the site-that-must-not-be-named, so I couldn't check it out for myself.

That would definitely help a nice start to recruiting.

Locked up Naesean Howard early.
Got a commit from AJ Long, a pretty well regarded QB.
Toss in a four start WR in KJ Williams, and we're well on our way to a very good class (now offer this kid, coaches!).
Long is listed at #239 on the W/L for ESPN which usually turns into the Top 300. the rest of the recruiting sites follow suit by May so will be curious how they Rate him down the road.

Pretty sure those two situations had a lot to do with coaching changes.

EO wasn't coming here even if DM was here. Clem$on did a great job with him.

because our staff isn't using / stars to determine who we offer? Maybe we have bigger fish we think we can land?
Well, if it was academics, Vanderbilt wouldn't have offered, IMO.

YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio -- Michigan and Rutgers will be battling in the once-again redesigned Big Ten in the near future, but first the two programs could be going head to head for a 2014 recruit.

KJ Williams (Bethlehem, Pa./Liberty) has 10 offers but pegged Michigan and Rutgers as two programs standing out to him most.

The 6-foot-2, 190-pound receiver grew up liking the Wolverines, and Michigan was one of the first schools to offer Williams. He has built a solid relationship with the coaches already.

He's most likely coming to our camp this summer. We can evaluate him in person, and offer in person if we like what we see. If what Long said is true then it'll be a done deal.

Oh man--if true, this class is off to a great start!

George McDonald seems to really be paying dividends. And I have a feeling that AJ Long is going to be our most important recruit in awhile...

Oh man--if true, this class is off to a great start!
Going by the offer sheet, would be a very nice pickup. As always, I refuse to be swayed by stars.

If he's committed it'd be awesome. Hopefully we get some confirmation soon.

no movement yet. just more of the same comments from him.

This may have been a tweet out of excitement. I don't think he would commit without visiting first. Especially with the offers he currently holds. Still a good prospect for the cuse.

Promising tweet. Love to see this kid in Orange. Keep stepping in the right direction.

If he's committed it'd be awesome. Hopefully we get some confirmation soon.
Maybe he was simply referring to an upcoming visit he planned. Tough to tell with this twitter lingo.

Sounds like we certainly have A LOT going for us regarding KJ.
West will be a senior during Williams' freshman year - at the same position, so he can basically take KJ under his wing.
Long would be throwing the ball to him, at least in some practices, for as long as KJ is on campus (ideally).

So not only are his connections to one current and one future team member favorable, but they are occurring within key positions with which KJ will interact on the football field.

Very nice. This recruiting class is catching fire! couchburn

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom