Yahoo! Sports - SU Hoops has drug violations | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Yahoo! Sports - SU Hoops has drug violations

Syracuse has become the media's redheaded stepchild. I almost have to laugh at their intent at this point.

I know marijuana is illegal and that you have to play by the rules, but if I'm a coach and have to choose between...

(a) my players hanging out in their South campus apartment burning one and playing video games
(b) my players out at a club getting drunk

I choose A every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

absolutely, you do. I say the same thing all the time... a joint or a fifth of jack at night, even a six pack? I will take the weed if my livelihood depends on that guy the next day.

Fellas, its never the lie...it's the coverup.
As the article states, the NCAA can monitor whether each individual program is upholding its drug-testing policy.
Baylor recently was cited for not following their own set policies, that's the big worry here.
If its shown that SU willfully ignored or circumvented their drug policy, then the NCAA can and will step in.
I'd still bet it won't be much, but depending on what else they find.....

images

did Axe just say Yahoo has overtaken Espn as sports leader?

You were right this morning. Some real stupid things getting said lately on the board.

Are you saying that someone wasn't digging for this and it just came up independent of the Bernie scandal? Sure. I will buy that. You deal with this stuff quickly and it goes away, you let in linger and people find all sorts of .

I hope for Cuse nothing comes of this.

However, being a UConn fan and having had Yahoo drop a story on UConn (while a lot of the facts may be wrong) they do get the gist of the story correct.

I think they also broke OSU and UMiami stuff, but can't remember off the top of my head.

The thing is, a lot of what they break could be found on any campus across the country. They do a good job of picking whatever team is hot (big news) and finding something on them. If pot was the only thing they have on Cuse, that's a good thing.

Calipari is sending a memo to his troops as we speak... " No weed for the next 30 days"

This cat dimed us in after he couldn' t get a ticket to Sat.'s game

rastaman.jpg

Baylor recently was cited for not following their own set policies, that's the big worry here.

yeeeeeah...the author really reached high for that one.
Baylor kind of had a whole pesky MURDER COVERUP that kind of happened too around those vicious weed cases.

Ok.. This stuff is really starting to piss me off now. This is a total smear campaign and part of everything that is wrong with this country. At this point we need to win the National Title and ram it down all of their throats. Im so sick of this

I hope for Cuse nothing comes of this.

However, being a UConn fan and having had Yahoo drop a story on UConn (while a lot of the facts may be wrong) they do get the gist of the story correct.

I think they also broke OSU and UMiami stuff, but can't remember off the top of my head.

The thing is, a lot of what they break could be found on any campus across the country. They do a good job of picking whatever team is hot (big news) and finding something on them. If pot was the only thing they have on Cuse, that's a good thing.

Yep, somebody went looking for dirt and found it

No surprise to see Pat Forde's name linked to this story. Forde has been unrepentant i his belief that SU should have fired Jim Boehaim back in November. Short term I don't see this story having much impact. Longer term, you wonder how much longer JB will want to stick around if the media continues to push, prod, pull its way around the Hill looking for "dirt." And Pete Thamel hasn't been heard from yet; wasn't that a concern of Bees' last fall?

Inner City kids get high on weed no more often than do prep school kids.
I would actually bet prep school kids engage in more rampant marijuana use, too, actually. Most potheads I've known have been more of the "affluent, white" variety.

Like i said, this will fade away quicker than the ucla "scandal" whole bunch of nothing

It seems like that policy has tons of holes in it - and they could only come up with two players that failed more than once anyway. Plus, maybe one was given the the conditional grace period, and now we have one in ten years. Zzzzzzz...this story is boring. Fluck Yahoo. UConn has had more people arrested on drug charges than that in the last 5 years.

"Recreational" - That's when I stopped caring. I have a feeling that after UCLA made headlines, reporters started looking into other top programs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom