Yahoo! Sports - SU Hoops has drug violations | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Yahoo! Sports - SU Hoops has drug violations

Please tell me that if SU tested players and then ignored the results...that they wouldn't keep the results. Please tell me that

now kids i grew up in the late 70's and everybody who was anybody i went to high school with drank a few beers and smoked a little weed now and then.as a naive lad i always just assumed that the societal rules would eventually loosen up as we grew older and into the majority of the population.that's how democracy works right?
but instead somehow the exact opposite has happened. thru mandy's law or pandy's law or whatever you want to call it the tightass minority of nopromdate s have managed to maintain a stranglehold against everything that was fun and even tighten up the state statutes to felonies and waterboarding against us meek mind your own business party people. tis a sad state of affairs.

You don't know how it feels
you don't know how it feels
oh you don't know how it feels to be... Donte Greene

Lets get to the point
lets roll another joint

Inner City kids get high on weed no more often than do prep school kids.

My experience is that prep school/suburban kids can afford and partake in far harder drugs than weed.

this is key to me -- dont see big deal

The policy stated that after a third failed test, the athletic director had the option of extending a “one-time conditional grace period” in which the athlete was subject to specific terms and conditions for corrective action during a predetermined period of time.
Two sources told Yahoo! Sports that of the 10 players, at least one player continued to play after failing four tests and another player played after failing three.

15676939.jpg

A lot of people smoke weed. But there are rules.

Exactly like...
-if the guy next to you lights up and you've depleted your stash he should be willing to offer you a hit or two.
-never leave your drug paraphernalia in the glove compartment of your teammate's car.
-if your teammate gets high and is going to tap something really really disgusting like LF, do the right thing and get him home before he makes a mistake he'll regret.
-never come to a teammates apartment to get high without at least offering to pick up munchies on the way over.

Did Syracuse gain some sort of competitive advantage by having players who smoked pot? No? Then Yahoo and the NCAA need to focus on more important things.

Question to the doubters. Knowing what you know now, do you feel the media is out to get Syracuse? I would say undeniably yes.

Several thoughts:

1. Of course it's weed...and who cares?
2. Unnamed former player has to be a transfer.
3. If we're being honest and unbiased with ourselves, Yahoo Sports probably does the best investigative journalism out there. I'm sure all of the details are accurate...it's just a frivolous story.

4. My guess is the policy is for any and all illegal drugs. It exists because SU doesn't want athletes using coke, heroin, meth, X, steroids, etc. They could care less about weed, even though it's illegal. So when someone tests positive for weed, they look the other way.

Exactly like...
-if the guy next to you lights up and you've depleted your stash he should be willing to offer you a hit or two.
-never leave your drug paraphernalia in the glove compartment of your teammate's car.
-if your teammate gets high and is going to tap something really really disgusting like LF, do the right thing and get him home before he makes a mistake he'll regret.
-never come to a teammates apartment to get high without at least offering to pick up munchies on the way over.
Also, if you're smoking a buddy's stash and there's only one hit left but it's your turn, you should really let the host take it regardless.

Mark Konecny.

...once knocked on the door of my dorm room and asked if he could borrow a Phillie Blunt (I was a huge tobaccophile, the only kid on the floor who even smoked cigs). Then he asked me if I wanted to "blaze."

I said no. I didn't do drugs.

I still regret that.

Blaze he did. His head was in the clouds in more ways than one.

Gas this post if it's inappropriate or whatever.

Let's just hope they never investigate marijuana use with our lacrosse team.

First, because lacrosse players aren't exactly known for being anti-weed. And second, because I knew some lax players at SU. Lax players party more than any other athletes I've ever been around.
I knew some lax players on another top-10 D1 team, and marijuana was child's play. Those guys used blow almost every weekend.

Pat forde on with axe in a moment

thescore1260.com

I could thow out a great list of people that use drugs including doctors, lawyers and government officials. Republicans or democrats it doesn't matter. many do much harder stuff then weed. Nothing surprises me when it comes to this.

Even if these accusations are true, how does the NCAA investigate it? Are drug tests stored on file in the SU athletics dept. And if so, will they trace these failed drug tests to the players to confirm that they were suspended?

Inner City kids get high on weed no more often than do prep school kids.

Actually probably less often, given the prep school kids have the money to spend on the weed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom