Yes, the regular season is great and all... | Syracusefan.com

Yes, the regular season is great and all...

DoctorBombay

Hall of Fame
... but THIS is what its all about!
There's been a long-running debate on this forum about whether a great regular season record was preferable to a "meh" season, but a run in the Dance. Obviously the ideal situation is to do both, but honestly...NOTHING beats days like this.
After the win, I immediately went to the store to "ahem" pick up some things, decked out in CUSE gear of course, and its always a favorite ritual here in ACC country.
JB is a master of this thing and we are blessed to have him, because this is when the magic happens. LGFrickenO!!!

I got you and agree.

I do put value in conference tournament championships because you get a pennant or shirt for that. I WANT to win an ACCT...preferably in ny

There's been a long-running debate on this forum about whether a great regular season record was preferable to a "meh" season, but a run in the Dance. Obviously the ideal situation is to do both, but honestly...NOTHING beats days like this.
After the win, I immediately went to the store to "ahem" pick up some things, decked out in CUSE gear of course, and its always a favorite ritual here in ACC country.
JB is a master of this thing and we are blessed to have him, because this is when the magic happens. LGFrickenO!!!
Easy way to settle that debate. Who was the #1 team the end of February 2003?

It's all about the NCAA tourney: Just Win Baby!

I think I've gotten to the point that I don't stress from the ups and downs of the regular season as much anymore. Just get us to the tourney, even if it means we're the 8th best ACC team. Once in, as history has shown, we can hang with just about anyone.

I'm not sold that this season's regular season was garbage - we missed a billion practices and games - two starters had COVID - the lineups were never set - I'm really basing this regular season on the last 10 games when we had the players we have now practicing and playing - we did not limp into this tournament - we nearly stormed into it

I think I've gotten to the point that I don't stress from the ups and downs of the regular season as much anymore. Just get us to the tourney, even if it means we're the 8th best ACC team. Once in, as history has shown, we can hang with just about anyone.
Same here. During the regular season I’ll biotche and moan about lineups, short benches, lack of rebounding, etc. etc.
A strong performance in the ACCT is also good, but other than ego, i really don’t care where we finish as long as we get to the Dance.
We now have a well-deserved rep as the team you NEVER want to see in March. And the best part is always how we shut all the naysayers and know-it-alls, right the e ff up! Oh, how I love it so!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom