You never know who you are going to meet in the Mountains | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

You never know who you are going to meet in the Mountains

Reminds me of the guy who used to post cryptic notes about how he was hearing “insider whispers” etc about how SU was on the cusp of getting invited to a league.

It never is.
Suffice to say Joe will be happy playing his natural position. He was very close to not picking SU. Many in family actually wanted him to explore outside of the area. The transfer rumor had some validity. Not all in the family are huge JB fans.
Lots more on the team in general that i wont share. I was with 2 people both so nice.

Reminds me of the guy who used to post cryptic notes about how he was hearing “insider whispers” etc about how SU was on the cusp of getting invited to a league.
" Why hello David. my my you're running late today and i have some really big news to tell you..."

R.009af93ecb1c45a85ce0845263289237.jpeg

Although he has put together some impressive stats over his 3 years….it certainly hasn’t been easy on him for numerous reasons….. 1.) he’s been forced into a position that doesn’t exactly suit him and he knows it 2.) he reads and senses everything, he knows the majority of the fan base was upset that KR left and many blamed Joe (even though it wasn’t his fault) 3.) he figured he would get a little more than roughly 60-90 seconds a game at his natural position playing the 2G (Buddy typically would sit right before the 8 minute media TO, and then come right back in after the first whistle) 4.) I’m sure there is more 5.) I’m certain there is more

I live 15 minutes away from Glens Falls, and a LOT of basketball minds wanted him to choose Notre Dame, thinking their style was better suited for his game. And as a 2nd choice, BC. They were all in agreement that the SU zone wasn’t an ideal fit.

Suffice to say Joe will be happy playing his natural position. He was very close to not picking SU. Many in family actually wanted him to explore outside of the area. The transfer rumor had some validity. Not all in the family are huge JB fans.
Lots more on the team in general that i wont share. I was with 2 people both so nice.

80% of that is revisionist history.

Multiple sides to every take.

Last edited:
It doesn't surprise me that the tone here is not rosy, no matter whose family it was. We haven't been the projection of rosy for a while now. Mind you anyone can find the good or the bad depending on what they want to see

The family as im sure you know are huge catholics. Im big into Young Life which is why i was in NC.
BC was a major push by the family. What i got out of the conversation is that Joe is a homebody. GF kid 100% and wasnt ready to leave home.

The family as im sure you know are huge catholics. Im big into Young Life which is why i was in NC.
BC was a major push by the family. What i got out of the conversation is that Joe is a homebody. GF kid 100% and wasnt ready to leave home.
Wasn’t ready or isn’t ready now to leave?

Does Joe have aspirations to be in the NBA?

One other point. I actually found myself defending JB.

So it's interesting. I find myself and my colleagues regularly discussing the challenge that is managing this current generation of 20-25 year old. The hard ass old school approach turns them off. Some respond to being pushed and challenged but in different ways. This generation also has so much individual brilliance but it's also more technical vs well rounded.

Anyways as much as any time in history coaches, like employers have to adjust and be willing to adjust. There isn't anything wrong with sticking to your guns when it comes to experience but it does come at a cost and forces you to work much harder to find people who are a match for their abilities and for their mindset and personality.

Doesn’t surprise me…Joe’s demeanor a couple of times on the court was indicative of someone not happy.

I can read between the lines of the rest.
But be clear, Buddy was the best 2G on the team.

And I’ll never go to dinner with you..

joe shot 41 % deep. buddy 34 %. that's not even close. hell elvir ovcina shot 35 %.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom