Your Bowl Lineup | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Your Bowl Lineup

Wait - isn't Russell the 1st choice after the BCs and Belk the second?

If it is va tech in belk bowl expect a crazy turn out of va tech fans. It is about three hours away.

If it is va tech in belk bowl expect a crazy turn out of va tech fans. It is about three hours away.
A horde of Hokies will descent down from the mountains.

I so much want VaTech.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

That would be great.

Especially since we'll probably never play them in our new conference.

Why would Russell ignore two teams (assuming Cincy wins next week) and take us? None of the teams involved travels worth a damn! and we have been so bad for so long we have little national following left. I just don't get it.

A lot of alumni live here as we'll ( Charlotte). They will be in full force. Hopefully we can get a good turn out. If you are looking for cheaper flights and are willing to rent a car look at flying to Greenville/ Spartanburg airport about 1:20 from Charlotte or Greensboro airport about an 1:15 away I think.

Why would Russell ignore two teams (assuming Cincy wins next week) and take us? None of the teams involved travels worth a damn! and we have been so bad for so long we have little national following left. I just don't get it.

We are playing the best right now and have the most exciting offense which sells tickets and gets eyeballs. Also, none of these teams are top 25 worthy so it's not like some real good team is getting screwed.

We are playing the best right now and have the most exciting offense which sells tickets and gets eyeballs. Also, none of these teams are top 25 worthy so it's not like some real good team is getting screwed.

I hear you just think that it is wishful thinking. We will know soon enough.

well with clemson losing looks like nc state in russell or va tech in belk

Wild Card: If Louisville is announced to the ACC this week and lose to Rutgirls...they could like Lazarus rise up and take the Russell from us. I just like to throw that out there.

It's news to the Russell Sports bowl that we are under consideration:

So, does this mean either the belk or pinstripe?

Only one claiming Syracuse has a shot at the Russell bowl is Bees and he lives in his own homer Syracuse fantasy world... Kind of like a Bees in wonderland thing...

It's news to the Russell Sports bowl that we are under consideration:

So, does this mean either the belk or pinstripe?

You have to read the whole convo that person is having with Niko. I don't know who that is tweeting for the bowl but they go from what you pasted here, to saying he'd have to go check the contracts to see if it is overall record or not and how standings are determined, to finally telling Niko SU is not being counted out.

Plus, I trust people at SU who said Russell had scouts at our game. If we were an impossibility, they wouldn't be there.

We may not be there in the end, but I'm sticking with that prediction. Maybe we know more tonight or tomorrow since the Russell has a selection committee meeting tonight.

Only one claiming Syracuse has a shot at the Russell bowl is Bees and he lives in his own homer Syracuse fantasy world... Kind of like a Bees in wonderland thing...

Another very insightful post Cybil.

You might want to also tell SU to drop this fantasy and take the Russell bowl off their list.

http://www.suathletics.com/bowlcentral/default.aspx

Another very insightful post Cybil.

You might want to also tell SU to drop this fantasy and take the Russell bowl off their list.

http://www.suathletics.com/bowlcentral/default.aspx

See kids, this is why u shouldn't smoke crack. All the 2nd hand smoke in the room has now hit bees hard.

Syracuse WILL NOT be going to the Russell.

Bees, I bet u a 2 week suspension leading up to the game.

Them having scouts there is right move. What if all of a sudden rut or ville goes all ped st on us??? They have to be prepared.

It ain't happening.

See kids, this is why u shouldn't smoke crack. All the 2nd hand smoke in the room has now hit bees hard.

Syracuse WILL NOT be going to the Russell.

Bees, I bet u a 2 week suspension leading up to the game.

Them having scouts there is right move. What if all of a sudden rut or ville goes all ped st on us??? They have to be prepared.

It ain't happening.

You can predict they aren't. I can predict they are. Neither is a fantasy. If it was a fantasy, the scouts wouldn't be there and SU wouldn't have them listed on their site.

I believe the Russell will want the hot team and the one with the most exciting offense. I also believe the ACC will want SU there vs an ACC team.

Now if the contract in fact says overall record is 100% non-negotiable, then someone should tell those scouts and SU.

It isn't as far fetched as it might appear to some.

You can predict they aren't. I can predict they are. Neither is a fantasy. If it was a fantasy, the scouts wouldn't be there and SU wouldn't have them listed on their site.

I believe the Russell will want the hot team and the one with the most exciting offense. I also believe the ACC will want SU there vs an ACC team.

Now if the contract in fact says overall record is 100% non-negotiable, then someone should tell those scouts and SU.

It isn't as far fetched as it might appear to some.

The fantasy is scenarios where Cuse can go there.

None will come into play as they are so far fetched even swish doesn't believe them.

If people on the hill confuse a bowl 'doing their homework' over real scouting, then I feel bad for them and it explains a lot of SUAthletics incompetence.

The fantasy is scenarios where Cuse can go there.

None will come into play as they are so far fetched even swish doesn't believe them.

If people on the hill confuse a bowl 'doing their homework' over real scouting, then I feel bad for them and it explains a lot of SUAthletics incompetence.

The scenario, if fact, is that they can take whomever they want as long as the team is within 1 win of the 2nd place big east team. If that scenario is wrong, then you are correct.

The scenario, if fact, is that they can take whomever they want as long as the team is within 1 win of the 2nd place big east team. If that scenario is wrong, then you are correct.

Is the 2001 Gator Bowl Memorial One Loss Rules (tm) based on the team's overall record or conference record?

If its overall than aren't we out, since the worst either Rutgers or Louisville could be is 9-3?

Well, I want the Belk but if the team wants the Russell I am fine with that even though I would not be able to attend. If it means some kind of additional recognition for the program that would be nice but I think the Belk or Pinstripe would be better. With Belk we get ACC interest in Charlotte and with Pinstripe we get that NY thing, which should not be underestimated.

Way I see it. We need Rutgers to beat ul . we would have better conf record and would have beaten them head to head. No way Russell picks us over Rutgers

Is the 2001 Gator Bowl Memorial One Loss Rules (tm) based on the team's overall record or conference record?

If its overall than aren't we out, since the worst either Rutgers or Louisville could be is 9-3?

That's the $64,000 question. The assumption all along by most was that it was conference, just like the ACC rep. Then that tweet came up that said overall, which of course eliminates us. But the tweeter has since backed off a bit and said he'd have to check the contract. He then told Niko we were still a possibility.

Of course I have no clue what is in the contract and what fine print there may be. I'm only basing my prediction on what people at SU currently believe is a possibility.

That's the $64,000 question. The assumption all along by most was that it was conference, just like the ACC rep. Then that tweet came up that said overall, which of course eliminates us. But the tweeter has since backed off a bit and said he'd have to check the contract. He then told Niko we were still a possibility.

Of course I have no clue what is in the contract and what fine print there may be. I'm only basing my prediction on what people at SU currently believe is a possibility.

found this tweet from russellathletic twitter itself.

RussellAthleticBowl@RussellAthBowl
BE contract is based on overall wins, so UL/RU loser would finish 9-3 against potentially 9-3 Cincy. Both have H2H win vs. Bearcats, though.