Your Bowl Lineup | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Your Bowl Lineup

Latest update from the Rusell Bowl:

Bowl Projection Roundup 11/26

Unfortunately, seems like 'Cuse is an afterthought in their eyes. I'm getting the impression that the BE contract goes by total wins (+/- 2) and not conference wins like the ACC. It was probably drawn up this way to compare ND to the BE.

And since were not ND, not sure if they would take a team with 2 less wins.

Syracuse at 7-5 is two overall wins under the best available Big East team, but they are still eligible as an outlier.

Why the heck are the Russell Bowl people tweeting and blogging about potential matchups? Do other bowls do this? Aren't they going to ultimately piss people off as they compare resumes? People they want to attend that bowl, either this year or another?

Seems so...strange.

Why the heck are the Russell Bowl people tweeting and blogging about potential matchups? Do other bowls do this? Aren't they going to ultimately piss people off as they compare resumes? People they want to attend that bowl, either this year or another?

Seems so...strange.
Sounds like someone needs a lesson on how the internet works. ;)

Seriously though - this is kind of weird.

Seems so...strange.
Agreed, and they don't even really understand what they are tweeting about and contradicting previous tweets

Based on our history of bowl selection screw jobs I wouldnt be surprised at all to be honest.

The Belk would be freaking ed to choose UC, who would bring maybe 1500 tops, vs. Syracuse who would have 5000 there that live within 2 hours, and likely over 10k total.

ESPECIALLY if we play VPI.

The one win rule applies only to the conference record I thought...

Understandable but Russel is most likely not happening so your talking about playing in North Carolina against teams we will see for the next ten years at least or New York City against and old enemy we will not see again for at least the next ten years. Also must take into account our fans are not traveling to a North Carolina bowl game to see us take on Duke, NC State or Georgia Tech. Sorry but its just not happening.

Our fans only have to travel a few miles for the Belk. Where do you think the 100000 poeple who have moved out of CNY went? Again, that NC State hoops game I was THE ONLY guy I talked to there that didn't live in North Carolina.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom