Your Bowl Lineup | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Your Bowl Lineup

found this tweet from russellathletic twitter itself.

RussellAthleticBowl@RussellAthBowl
BE contract is based on overall wins, so UL/RU loser would finish 9-3 against potentially 9-3 Cincy. Both have H2H win vs. Bearcats, though.
See Bees' post right above yours. Tweeter backed off on the 'overall wins' statement.

found this tweet from russellathletic twitter itself.

BE contract is based on overall wins, so UL/RU loser would finish 9-3 against potentially 9-3 Cincy. Both have H2H win vs. Bearcats, though.

That's the same one as last night. The guy later said to Niko he had to check the contract. Trust me, SU is under consideration.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Just out of curiosity, why would "ACC interest" in the Belk be important to us? I should think hoping for the Russell would be a no-brainer.

RussellAthleticBowl (@RussellAthBowl)
11/25/12, 4:32 PM
Our Big East options are Rutgers/Louisville (whoever loses Thursday), Cincinnati and Syracuse.

That's the same one as last night. The guy later said to Niko he had to check the contract. Trust me, SU is under consideration.

hope so as its looking like belk prefers duke for its acc representative

has anyone found anything concrete on if georgia tech has to win to be eligible?

If GT upsets FSU, then we don't have a selection; Chick-fil-A Bowl will pick between Clemson and FSU and we'll take the other team

If FSU wins the ACC, our choices are Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech and NC State. ACC order based on conference record, which eliminates Duke

So we have two scenarios (based on whoever wins in Piscataway). One with Rutgers, Cincy, 'Cuse, one with 'Ville, Cincy, Cuse.

RussellAthleticBowl (@RussellAthBowl)
11/25/12, 4:32 PM
Our Big East options are Rutgers/Louisville (whoever loses Thursday), Cincinnati and Syracuse.

Saw this ... glad we have a shot. Twitter guy really talking up Rutty ... seems like this may be who they want ... Also posted this:

Strong bowl attendance numbers discussed for all the potential 9-3 teams

This almost seems like we're not in the discussion :(

Saw this ... glad we have a shot. Twitter guy really talking up Rutty ... seems like this may be who they want ... Also posted this:

Strong bowl attendance numbers discussed for all the potential 9-3 teams

This almost seems like we're not in the discussion :(

If you follow all the convos on their twitter and read questions others had, you'd find that they also discussed SU's tough schedule which affects record, as well as SU's strong finish.

To clarify: we're prepared for GT to be available at 6-7. If they AREN'T, 4-4 becomes best conf record and Duke still in the mix at 3-5.

reading the tea leaves of his post it sounds like virginia tech will likely be the acc choice for them as they have never had them

I realize their are supposed to be a bunch of Alumni up and down the coast that could theoretically show up in large enough numbers to warrant a Russel or Belk Bowl appearance but...last I checked we are still a small private school in upstate with poor attendance numbers. If this was basketball then sure but Alumni and Townies have yet to come together in large enough numbers to prove to bowls we will travel to a game.

Louisville is the better traveling football fan base for a southern bowl and Rutgers Big Ten announcement gives them the cache needed for the Russel. It will be between one of them.

The Pinstripe against West Virginia is the perfect opportunity for all the Alumni and Townies to come together and prove we can show up to a bowl game. No better scenario then a hot Syracuse and upbeat fan base playing a traditional rival in a city we claim to represent.

I personally prefer the Pinstripe and think that is where we ultimately end up but an appearance in the Belk against a beatable Virginia Tech is enticing. Anyone else and I am 100% in favor of the Pinstripe Bowl even if not West Virginia. We can beat ACC teams in the south soon enough but this is our last shot at Pinstripe for a little while at least.

reading the tea leaves of his post it sounds like virginia tech will likely be the acc choice for them as they have never had them

An SU-VT game would be just fine with me.

We better hope GT doesn't upset FSU. If they do, FSU or Clemson is going to the Russell. If we are there, not sure I want to play one of them.

If you follow all the convos on their twitter and read questions others had, you'd find that they also discussed SU's tough schedule which affects record, as well as SU's strong finish.

I did read some convo's and saw someone bring to their attention the non-con schedule but didn't see anything on us finishing strong ... not sure who to root for on Thurs, lol ... I'm sure rooting for a 3-0 game would be a start.

I did read some convo's and saw someone bring to their attention the non-con schedule but didn't see anything on us finishing strong ... not sure who to root for on Thurs, lol ... I'm sure rooting for a 3-0 game would be a start.

Also appears Cincy-VT rematch isn't something they will entertain.

that was me who brought up non conference schedule and saying we would be 9-3

if georgia tech beats florida state i think our chances would be better as they would have either clemson or florida state as opponent

The Pinstripe against West Virginia is the perfect opportunity for all the Alumni and Townies to come together and prove we can show up to a bowl game.
We did this two years ago.

When in doubt you never go wrong rooting for Rutgirls failure.

We did this two years ago.

Attendance is listed as 38,274 that is actually very poor and the team was playing bad down the stretch. This is a much more capable offensive unit and they have played well late in the season. Put us up against West Virginia who travels well and your looking at 50K. Put us in the Belk or even Russel and you are not getting favorable attendance results no matter how giddy everyone is at the moment.

I'm not crazy about playing WVU. I'd rather see someone new

Understandable but Russel is most likely not happening so your talking about playing in North Carolina against teams we will see for the next ten years at least or New York City against and old enemy we will not see again for at least the next ten years. Also must take into account our fans are not traveling to a North Carolina bowl game to see us take on Duke, NC State or Georgia Tech. Sorry but its just not happening.

Attendance is listed as 38,274 that is actually very poor and the team was playing bad down the stretch. This is a much more capable offensive unit and they have played well late in the season. Put us up against West Virginia who travels well and your looking at 50K. Put us in the Belk or even Russel and you are not getting favorable attendance results no matter how giddy everyone is at the moment.
We would bring no one compared to the numbers WFVU would bring. Playing well or being much more 'capable' offensively has nothing to do with it, and wouldn't bring a lot more people. 50K? Maybe. But I don't see us bringing more than we did two years ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom